Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

The LEGO Movie Sequel Set for May 26, 2017

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

The LEGO Movie Sequel Set for May 26, 2017

Postby Staff » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:17 pm

hr_the_lego_movie_70

Another bit of news that should shock no one nowhere. A sequel to the LEGO movie has been locked in for release on May, 26th 2017. There is literally no info beyond the release date and the previous announcement of Jared Stern and Michelle Morgan coming on board as screen writers. The best part for me is that they are not going to rush out a throw away sequel, aiming at more then 3 full years away (which can still be tight in the animated film world).

So, do you want more of our kooky band of heroes or an entirely different story? Feel free to chime in.

Via SuperHeroHype
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/02/21/the-lego-movie-sequel-set-for-may-26-2017/
Staff

Re: The LEGO Movie Sequel Set for May 26, 2017

Postby dWhisper » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:46 pm

I'd personally rather see a different story, set them up so there's some loose connection, but otherwise, it gives them the option to cast different people and give a whole bunch more characters.

Unless they want to make a sequel around Benny and Unikitty, then I'm totally onboard.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Ultron32 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:09 pm

I'd like to see more of this bunch. Admittedly I'm not sure how they can capture the magic of the first one with this bunch again since they can't have Emmet as more than the unlikely hero to a certain extent without losing his personality.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby gomek » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:20 pm

My vote would be for a new cast. I would however like to see some shorts produced, similar to Toy Story and Despicable Me, to keep the interest during the 3 year wait. Ugggg that's a long time.

And yeah, a uni-kitty or Benny short would be pretty interesting.
gomek

Postby Nicknak » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:28 pm

For the next movie, I would love the focus to be on a new character, but still involving the characters from the first movie as secondary characters. I would also like them to visit some of the locations that were seen on President Business' map... 2017, please hurry up and come!
Nicknak

Postby crazybirdman » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:26 pm

gomek wrote:I would however like to see some shorts produced

Indeed, That's all I could think about after I saw the movie. There are SO MANY characters that could be great for 5-20 minute stories. A cat lady surfer guy team up, LEGO Lando adventures, more adventures or origin stories for the main characters. i would love to see a Bricksburg spoof of reality shows, and a LEGO movie spoof of the Star Wars Holiday special.
crazybirdman

Postby rodiziorobs » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:41 pm

For me? Different characters (although like others said, Unikitty and Benny (+ a Metalbeard cameo!) can come back), different story, and not called "The LEGO Movie 2", since it wouldn't really be a continuation.
rodiziorobs

Postby that guy » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:51 pm

Am I the only one who wants a "prequel" sequel?? How about a story around how the "dad" created Vitrivious and Business before the start of the movie when the son was born?? Perhaps his now wife (then girlfriend) tried doing the same thing as the son and is actually the one who hid the Kragle from him originally?? Just a few thoughts...
that guy

Postby crazybirdman » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:59 am

I saw it more as dude realized he was having a kid, then moved all of his stuff down to the basement.
crazybirdman

Postby CaptainFordo » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:33 pm

Ultron32 wrote:I'd like to see more of this bunch. Admittedly I'm not sure how they can capture the magic of the first one with this bunch again since they can't have Emmet as more than the unlikely hero to a certain extent without losing his personality.

I had similar worries about Kung Fu Panda 2, having enjoyed the first, since with Po now being fully trained I was worried it would lose something of its magic, but it still managed to be very entertaining, so I think with a good script it could still be great =)
CaptainFordo

Postby darth_fett » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:08 am

Need MOAR Kitty! Of course Unikitty, and her alter egos. Could have Pegasus Kitties, Dragon Kitty, a dog kitty (maybe a corgi) and some kind of general kitty citizen. I can see it bigger than ponies! Also, when does my Unikitty plushie come out?
darth_fett

Return to Licensed Themes