Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Pre-order Bonus For LEGO The Hobbit Video Game Revealed

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Pre-order Bonus For LEGO The Hobbit Video Game Revealed

Postby Staff » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:16 pm

Good Morning Bilbo Baggins

Not totally sure when this happened but Gamestop revealed the pre-order bonus for LEGO The Hobbit video game. It is labeled as "Good Morning Bilbo Baggins". He comes free with your pre-order for the game for Xbox 360/One, Playstation 3/4/Vita, Wii U, and 3DS systems. The scheduled release date is April 8, 2014. You can pre-order online for convenience and choose pick up in store for release day satisfaction.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/02/19/pre-order-bonus-for-lego-the-hobbit-video-game-revealed/
Staff

Re: Pre-order Bonus For LEGO The Hobbit Video Game Revealed

Postby CaptainFordo » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:18 pm

I feel like this should really have been the one with Unexpected Journey. More appropriate, no?
CaptainFordo

Postby CaptainFordo » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:31 pm

Mmm, it still fits, I guess my jab was more at the Unexpected Journey Bilbo, since, while it was a unique one different from all the others, it didn't really bring a specific scene to mind like this one does.

I'm still a little perplexed as to why the game will only cover the first two movies. Was there that desperate a demand that they couldn't delay it a little for the third? I wonder if they'll pull a Lego Indy 2 and create additional levels for the first two films as well as all levels for the 3rd movie, or just do one game solely about "There and Back Again."

Bit silly that not only does the book have a higher book:film ratio than LOTR but more Lego games too :P
CaptainFordo

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:27 pm

The fact that it doesn't include all three movies (assuming that is the case. Does it actually state that somewhere?) is utterly baffling to me. Wait one more year, for cryin' out loud. The Hobbit is already being stretched out unmercifully in the films, why stretch it even further for the game? I think I may just skip this, at least until they reveal how they will be handling the third movie in game form.

EDIT: Upon further research, I found that the plan is to add the third film to the game as DLC. So I'll probably just wait until the game is complete and get it all at once.
Mister Ed

Postby onions » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:01 pm

Mister Ed wrote:The fact that it doesn't include all three movies (assuming that is the case. Does it actually state that somewhere?) is utterly baffling to me. Wait one more year, for cryin' out loud. The Hobbit is already being stretched out unmercifully in the films, why stretch it even further for the game? I think I may just skip this, at least until they reveal how they will be handling the third movie in game form.

EDIT: Upon further research, I found that the plan is to add the third film to the game as DLC. So I'll probably just wait until the game is complete and get it all at once.

but but but... no bilbo
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Roarsack » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:17 pm

There actually was an online co-op in Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga. Why they left it out from later games is beyond me.
Roarsack

Return to Licensed Themes