Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

ReBrick Hosts LEGO Movie Alt Model Building Contest

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

ReBrick Hosts LEGO Movie Alt Model Building Contest

Postby Staff » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:00 pm

The Special Logo

LEGO's own social site, ReBrick, is hosting an alternate model building competition titled "Be The Special" in the spirit of The LEGO Move. Just take any official LEGO set and build an alternate model. Submit your entry by 8:59am EST March 31, 2014, get the most number of votes, and you can win a "limited edition gold-colored Emmet statuette, not available in retail and only available though official LEGO competitions". The other prizes for first include an exclusive LEGO Movie PR tin containing nine LEGO Minifigures and a LARGE LEGO Movie Set not yet officially revealed, signed by the designer. You can check out the "Be The Special" contest page for rules and more details on prize packages.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/02/12/rebrick-hosts-lego-movie-alt-model-building-contest/
Staff

Re: ReBrick Hosts LEGO Movie Alt Model Building Contest

Postby ytjedi » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:25 pm

Based on their description of the prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, it sounds like the winners get Metalbeard's Sea Cow, Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!, and Emmet's Constructo-Mech, respectively, in addition to the golden Emmet statuette and the LEGO MOVIE promo tin (has the 9-minifigs sitting in a movie theater). Though the official rules refer to them a large, medium, and small "set not yet officially revealed". Also, if you read the official rules document is says the USD value of each (on page 3): $250, $100, $60. They are each signed by the designer too, so that's cool.
ytjedi

Postby gomek » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:04 pm

It would be cool if they agreed to PDF the alternate instructions and release the PDF for free on the site. (I hope that instructions are still OK?)
gomek

Postby onions » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:52 am

emmet's arms look like they are light purple in that pic.

i'm most curious to see what this "golden emmet statuette" looks like.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Solo » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:22 pm

Image
Solo

Postby goatman461 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:48 pm

Hey FBTB, I need your help. Rebrick changed the rules for this competition and I need to get a lot of likes for my entries in order to even be considered by the judges. I would really like for my builds to be judged on their merits but need to get past this first hurdle to get to that point.

Removed by dWhisper. Please go read the Code of Conduct on our policy of being a billboard.
goatman461

Postby dWhisper » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:41 am

goatman461, I'm going to expand on why I removed your post here, and doing it out here in the open just so it's available for everyone. I understand why you're posting, and this isn't one of those "you did something wrong" warnings, just want to explain our policy.

Basically, you're using us as a billboard to try and drum up votes for your build. You want your builds to be judged on their merits, but you're not even willing to use our community to share them. You just came here and posted asking people to register and go vote for them. You don't want it judged on merits right there, but this basically comes across like a Facebook post that's just trolling for likes.

What you're doing here is coming to our community and just trying to get people to go to a different site. You're not showing respect for us, as a site or members of the site, and you don't want a discussion here. If you want to repost them here, and get feedback or discussion, feel free. You can even post a link to go vote if we like them. But as it sits, you just want our clicks, not our feedback or involvement. And that's not what we're about.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Return to Contests & Community Builds