Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Toys'R'Us Hosts The LEGO Movie Building Event

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Toys'R'Us Hosts The LEGO Movie Building Event

Postby Staff » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:21 am

LEGO Movie Build Event

Looking for something to do after the movie? On Saturday, February 8 from 12noon to 2pm, Toys'R'Us stores will be hosting a building event. From the poster, it looks like you'll be able to build a small car for Emmet that can double as a plane. The poster also says that there will be raffles for toys and prizes which, I'm pretty sure, is a first. All the other events I've been to never had anything more than a couple of promotional items.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/02/05/toysrus-hosts-the-lego-movie-building-event/
Staff

Re: Toys'R'Us Hosts The LEGO Movie Building Event

Postby puffdaddy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:53 am

I work at my local Toys R Us, and I'm really excited for this event. There's the building event, there will also be a playable demo for the Lego Movie videogame, and then there's the raffle. I'm not sure if every store has the same prizes for the raffle (I'd assume they would), but I know our store is raffling off a gift card (10 or 20 dollars, can't remember which), a copy of the Lego Movie videogame for 3DS, and the grand prize is 70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair.
puffdaddy

Postby ufjason » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:42 am

I'm super excited about this one. This is one of the best builds I've ever seen. This is the second minifigure compatible model that I recall other than the Joker mech which was kind of meh but had some good parts.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby preterosso » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:28 pm

My local TRU had run out of the free building sets by 12:10 -- apparently they started about an hour early. My two boys weren't upset, as we scored the final copy of the PS3 video game and got the $15 gift card . . . to spend on the last three copies of the Melting Room, since almost every other Movie set was gone. Doesn't look like TRU planned ahead very well.

And the Movie was pretty darn awesome (pun intended) -- we went opening night, and the whole family loved it!
_______
Just Phil
preterosso

Postby lego the hutt » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:38 am

I stopped by TRU and picked up the free Lego build. You got 2 separate instruction pages, one for each plane/car. Then you got a baggie and went down the assembly line collecting the pieces required for the set.

Luckily, it was unusually snowy. The Barnes and Noble next to TRU closed at noon because of the weather. Because of the storm the crowd was very small (there were maybe 6 or 8 people). Even with the small number of people it didn't look like they had very many of the sets left when I got there shortly after noon. (Who knows, maybe all of the bricks weren't put out on the table. That may have been a possibility...but after reading the other posts here I'm guessing all that was available was out on the table)
lego the hutt

Postby Gooker1 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:14 am

Smart they're doing this again, bc its Emmett's car and it is needed for lego movie enthusiasts.
Gooker1

Postby ufjason » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:17 pm

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Small-Car-3177

What Emmet's car was based on with a few parts that came out after this was originally released.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby rodiziorobs » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:27 am

We got there nearly an hour early last time and were told (because of number already in line) that there wouldn't be enough for us. We're going to be out of town during this event, so we'll miss it, but that's because we'll be at Legoland, so I am ok with it.
rodiziorobs

Postby ericales » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:18 am

It was raining pretty good in our area the last time. We didn't get there until about 1:00. There was no line but we snagged some of the last sets available. To the store's credit, they got out other polybags for anyone else who showed up; mostly witches head and rocking horses. It was also the first build I'd seen where they had a raffle. We won the Lord Business' Evil Lair set.
ericales

Return to Licensed Themes