Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Two Ways To Get Robot DJ Minifig Promo

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Two Ways To Get Robot DJ Minifig Promo

Postby Staff » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:45 am

If you haven't pre-ordered The LEGO Movie Videogame from Gamestop yet to get the exclusive Western Emmet minifigure 'cause he's just not doing it for you or for whatever reason, you have another option. Walmart is bundling the Robot DJ promotional minifigure with their pre-orders of The LEGO Movie Videogame for XBox 360 and Playstation 3. The games will ship for free and will be released this Friday February 7th.

The second way is to just go see the movie. If you're a member of their Stubs club, purchase a ticket for The LEGO Movie in 3D and you'll get the figure for free. The promotion period is this weekend only from February 7-9 or while supplies last.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/02/06/two-ways-to-get-robot-dj-minifig-promo/
Staff

Re: Two Ways To Get Robot DJ Minifig Promo

Postby dWhisper » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:23 pm

Third way... "get it on eBay or Bricklink when other people sell theirs"
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby gomek » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:10 pm

dWhisper wrote:Third way... "get it on eBay or Bricklink when other people sell theirs"

If these are being distributed to a lot of people who really don't care that much about Lego I think we'll be seeing a lot on ebay (Similar to other exclusives). I'd like to have one of these, and weighing my options I'm starting to think that ebay may be the cheapest and easiest way to get one.

-cg
gomek

Postby RfAurora » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:25 pm

Well, considering the closest AMC theatre is over 45 miles from me, I don't think I'm getting this minifigure, lol.
RfAurora

Postby dWhisper » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:59 pm

25 miles or so for me, but not worth the added cost. And while I see the enjoyment of the LEGO games, I've found two things to be true in my previous purchases: a) I do not enjoy them for very long and b) I am absolutely terrible at them.

Generally, these sorts of promotions settle into a 15-20 range on the aftermarket. Even counting the various promos out there, I can still get them for about the cost of the game overall, so that's the route I'll probably go.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Bertramtalespinner » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:00 pm

Having gone to great lengths to preorder Lego Marvel from Walmart in Canada to get the promo fig only to discover I could have walked in and bought it off the shelf, that's what I'll be doing tomorrow.
Bertramtalespinner

Postby othertoe » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:03 pm

Regal Also has a Mini-fig of its own an Emmet in PJ's
othertoe

Postby gomek » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:26 pm

othertoe wrote:Regal Also has a Mini-fig of its own an Emmet in PJ's

Thanks so much for posting. This will most definitely figure into my plans.
gomek

Postby hobbie » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:33 pm

Sadly, the only thing the Cinemark chains are doing is giving away a pair of kids 3D glasses.

hobbie

Postby othertoe » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:47 pm

No problem gomek, That cinemark "mask" is most likely cardboard too.
othertoe

Postby buriedbybricks » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:45 pm

The Robot DJ fig is not packaged with the game at Walmart like the Iron Patriot was in Canada.

I checked tonight.
buriedbybricks

Postby Bertramtalespinner » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:18 am

Yup, stopped in on my way to work and just plain discs. So it'll either be a Gamestop purchase to see if I can get the Emmet, or BestBuy cause I've got a $5 voucher.

Wish they could get consistent with these things.
Bertramtalespinner

Postby gomek » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:20 am

OK, so I got a little more info. Regal membership cards are free, where AMC reward cards are $12. AMC will let you sign-up at theater checkout to get the figure. Because the regal card was free I signed up for it last night and picked one up on way home, so I have no idea if Regal will let you sign-up at the time of purchase. (Though I have to believe they must)

Also I stopped by both AMC and Regal today. (Luckily I work in NYC and both are in walking distance). Both had the figures, but in very small boxes so I'm doubtful how long supplies will last.

Personally getting the couple figures was a little bit of a pain, and if I actually had to drive to get these, I would probably have just gone the ebay route and paid a little extra.
gomek

Postby othertoe » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:08 pm

I just heard You can also get the Emmit PJ's at Best Buy with the game don't know if its a pack in or bagged.
othertoe

Postby onions » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:28 pm

PJ Emmet seems like a lazy fig. aren't those the same body parts from the sleepy minifig from one of the cmf series?
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby ufjason » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:44 pm

I mentioned the regal promo yesterday morning with the breakdowns. Agree on the pajama figure but the head is unique.
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=10329#p85762
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby Darthhenry » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:31 pm

Saw the LEGO movie tonight at Regal in 3D with my mom, paid her $5 for her minifig, so now I have two :P
Darthhenry

Postby darth_fett » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:33 am

Darthhenry wrote:Saw the LEGO movie tonight at Regal in 3D with my mom, paid her $5 for her minifig, so now I have two :P

From 1 Sith Lord to another, would $6 get u to part with ur 2nd Regal Sleepyhead Emmet? I missed out on the CMF of similar design and would love to have 1.
darth_fett

Return to Finds/Deals