Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Exclusive Martian Manhunter Available In March

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Exclusive Martian Manhunter Available In March

Postby Staff » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:19 am

Tohst posted this tidbit in chat a couple of days ago via neoape. Spend $75 in March and you'll be one step closer to a full Justice League roster.

The New 52 fan out there will really love this guy no doubt, but I wish they'd gone more traditional. In the back of my mind, I think that if I get this one LEGO will release a more classic one in a set to match Supes and Wonder Woman, but then I think of Green Lantern and cry. For the Lucky few that have the New 52 Green Arrow from SDCC last year, this will be a nice compliment and you could throw in the Beware the Batman fig from The Riddler Chase and a Man Of Steel fig to be on your way with the newer style suits.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/02/02/exclusive-martian-manhunter-available-in-march/
Staff

Re: Exclusive Martian Manhunter Available In March

Postby wegj » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:13 pm

Finally!
WEGJ –keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models and Minifigs
wegj

Postby Mars Needs LEGO » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:05 pm

As slowly as LEGO is releasing non-Batman minifigs in the DC sets, this might be the best way to get some other characters out there. I'd love to see a Wonder Woman Invisible Jet or a Justice League Watchtower set -- and those might be coming if the JLA movie ever actually happens -- but I don't much feel like waiting for it.
Mars Needs LEGO

Postby batsamd » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:23 pm

The New 52 fan out there will really love this guy no doubt, but I wish they'd gone more traditional. In the back of my mind, I think that if I get this one LEGO will release a more classic one in a set to match Supes and Wonder Woman, but then I think of Green Lantern and cry.

I agree, I'd prefer the classic look, but I fear this may be the only way to get Martian Manhunter, especially since Batgirl is in her New 52 outfit in the Joker Steamroller set, so I'm going to bite just to make sure I get a Martian Manhunter.

I get the feeling LEGO will either be making their minfig designs match the New 52 look or future movies, so I bought another Power Armor Lex set to make sure I have two original Supermans and two original Wonder Womans.

If LEGO is pushing their 2015 DC wave out to coincide with the release of Batman vs. Superman, I'm guessing the minifigs will match the designs in the movie and since Wonder Woman is going to be in this movie, the Power Armor Lex set may be the first/last time to get a classic Superman and Wonder Woman.

Maybe if the rumors are true and LEGO focuses their CMF line on licensed properties, we may get a whole wave of DC characters. If so, I'd definitely buy a whole box of those. :)
batsamd

Postby Gooker1 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:36 pm

I can imagine DC/WB has more say than lego w regards to the New 52 outits vs classic ones. WB is probably instructing lego to go w that costume.
Gooker1

Postby gomek » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:33 am

* "For the wealthy few that have the New 52 Green Arrow from SDCC last year"

That FU to the fans aside, and while I also prefer the classic looks, I do always appreciate these bonus figures. If you're going to to be buying sets from Lego, presumably without the inevitable Amazon discount, there should be some reward.
gomek

Postby dWhisper » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:41 am

Guess I know when I'm buying the new modular building...
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Mister Ed » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:58 am

Ah well, I've given up all hope that LEGO has any intention of ever releasing a decent range of DC Hero minifigs in sets, which means I've pretty much given up on the line as a whole. If they want to limit many of the major players in the DCU to convention exclusives or this kind of deal, fine. I'll just feel free to ignore the line, since my interest in DC superheroes is not limited to Superman and Batman, and I've already got sets with them in them. Tossing the occasional other hero fig into Batman sets isn't going to cut it for me, personally. But I'm clearly not the target audience, I suppose.
Mister Ed

Return to Licensed Themes