Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

And the next set from Cuusoo will be ...

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

And the next set from Cuusoo will be ...

Postby Staff » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:58 am

... the Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary set!! Well, I say set ... but I rather got the impression from the video that we won't get the Firehouse, but we will be getting an ECTO-1 and the Ghostbusters minifigures, which is awesome!  No idea if they'll make a Slimer.  There's also some other news on some of the other submissions, some good, some bad.

I am really looking forward to seeing the final model, but I do hope two things ...

1. They don't make it ugly as hell, like the BTTF Delorean
2. They triple check all printed parts with words on them ... I really don't need another Flux Capacitor saga!

You can see the original fan submission here.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/01/30/and-the-next-set-from-cuusoo-will-be/
Staff

Re: And the next set from Cuusoo will be ...

Postby dWhisper » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:21 am

Gleeeeeeeeeeeeee!
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Mofo Jones » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:12 am

If the ECTO-1 has lights like in that picture, I could live without the Firehouse.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby The_Chosen_1 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:42 am

Awesome!!! I'm a little disappointed that we won't be getting the firehouse as well, but....we're getting Ghostbusters!!

Really hope Slimer is included...
The_Chosen_1

Postby Brainslugged » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:53 am

The_Chosen_1 wrote:Really hope Slimer is included...

One (or some?) of the Clone Wars sets came with a little green chap who could easily pass as a Slimer. Maybe they'll just stick him in it.
Brainslugged

Postby Draykov » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:18 am

I suspect certain legal restrictions would prevent a straight Rotta for Slimer sub. As for the set, though, that's great news. I think we're all hoping for an improvement on the prototype-to-production execution compared to the BTTF set, but this was definitely a worthy project to get the green light.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby banthafodder » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:35 am

This is great news. I really hope they do the prototype justice this time. Given that they don't have to make three different vehicles out of one model I think it will be a better representation. This is the first Cuusoo that I'm really excited about. Start building a marshmallow man!
banthafodder

Postby Clavius » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:17 pm

I am beyond excited for this! That is a spectacular model and to be getting Venkman et. al. as mini figures is just the icing on the cake!

I'm wondering if the Firehouse didn't get included because perhaps it might get released separately somewhere down the line. Maybe Lego thought they'd profit more by releasing them as two separate sets rather than one big set. Here's Hoping!
Clavius

Postby gomek » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:29 pm

Great News. Licences saved Lego, and personally I couldn't be happier.
gomek

Postby tekkamanraiden » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:33 pm

As happy as I am for a Ghostbusters set, I am a little disappointed the female minifigure set didn't make it. Hopefully they'll include some of the ideas into a future friend set.
tekkamanraiden

Postby The_Chosen_1 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:42 pm

^ The female sets are still under review, so they might still happen.
The_Chosen_1

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:45 pm

Mofo Jones wrote:If the ECTO-1 has lights like in that picture, I could live without the Firehouse.

I'd be very surprised. Does LEGO even have any current lighting options that could pull that off? All I've seen lately are the light bricks, which are too bulky for that application. Though I'm sure there are all kinds of LEGO components that I'm not aware of, so perhaps I'm just displaying my ignorance.
Mister Ed

Postby hatcher » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:00 pm

Who you gonna call? Me, when this thing is in stores so I go buy it!
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby onions » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:08 pm

tekkamanraiden wrote:As happy as I am for a Ghostbusters set, I am a little disappointed the female minifigure set didn't make it. Hopefully they'll include some of the ideas into a future friend set.

it's not completely out of the picture yet:

onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Flynn » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:21 pm

I think LEGO gets a bit too much flak for the Cuusoo DeLorean- almost all the issues people have with the model are either directly taken from the source or are somewhat-reasonable solutions to un-doable features. The only thing that I think can be directly pinned solely on LEGO is the rather bizarre decision to angle the windshield, but almost everything else is caused almost equally both by LEGO and the original source design.

Which is to say: Given that this model is far more solid, I don't think we'll have to worry as much about LEGO potentially "screwing it up".
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby wegj » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:53 pm

Love this!
WEGJ –keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models and Minifigs
wegj

Postby Solo » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:58 pm

You know what would be cool? If the project creators put out free instructions for the firehouse with a part list you can take to pick a brick or bricklink. That way if you were really set on getting the full project you could with a little extra legwork. I'm very happy they went this route though. The 30th anniversary project had a better designed Ecto-1 than the second one without the firehouse, and with just the car and minifigs it should be around the size and price of the Delorean (probably $5-$10 higher I'd imagine). I'm not expecting Slimmer to be in there but it would be a cool surprise.

And I'm with Flynn on the design problems. Last time they started with a bad model and made it worse. Now they have a great model, so it should at least turn out OK.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby crazybirdman » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:54 pm

Does this mean people are going to start submitting movie &TV vehicles like crazy now?Ha someone already submitted the A-team van?
crazybirdman

Postby buriedbybricks » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:38 am

If they made an A-Team with van and KITT, the 80's would be done for me.

I'll just take this and run for now though.
buriedbybricks

Postby crazybirdman » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:59 am

^Too true. I would also need the General Lee though.
crazybirdman

Next

Return to Licensed Themes