Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

71006 The Simpsons House VIP Early Access Now Available

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

71006 The Simpsons House VIP Early Access Now Available

Postby Staff » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:22 am

71006 The Simpsons

If you're a VIP member you can now purchase 71006 The Simpsons House two weeks ahead of the February 1 release date. You have to be logged in to your account to be able to see the product page and add it to your cart. The set comes with Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, Maggie and Ned Flanders. 71006 The Simpsons House retails for $199.99 and you'll get free shipping on this set.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/01/17/71006-the-simpsons-house-vip-early-access-now-available/
Staff

SIMPSON'S HOUSE NOW AVAILABLE ON S@H - for VIP members only

Postby robskot » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:30 am

Got an email this morning saying 71006 Simpson's House is now up for sale on S@H for VIP members...

Limit of 2
robskot

Re: SIMPSON'S HOUSE NOW AVAILABLE ON S@H - for VIP members o

Postby Joxer the Mighty » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:43 am

I was hoping they would add something special for the first buyers of the set. I really want it, but maybe I'll wait for double points or a worthwhile promo. Decision, decisions...
"I want to go to there"
Joxer the Mighty

Re: SIMPSON'S HOUSE NOW AVAILABLE ON S@H - for VIP members o

Postby Inzane » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:18 am

Joxer the Mighty wrote:I was hoping they would add something special for the first buyers of the set. I really want it, but maybe I'll wait for double points or a worthwhile promo. Decision, decisions...

Yeah, as it stands I don't really see any advantage to this offer, especially if you're paying full MSRP. So what... you get the set first, so you can.... brag to your neighbors about it? :shock:
Inzane

Re: 71006 The Simpsons House VIP Early Access Now Available

Postby riotact » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:13 pm

I really want this set, and having it now would be nice, but I too am going to wait. I already have the free polybag from this month, and next months is kind of lame to me. But the last two years (at least) they've have a 2 week period of double VIP points starting sometime in March. So that's what I'm holding out for.
riotact

Postby wegj » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:40 pm

What the heck! That was fast
WEGJ –keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models and Minifigs
wegj

Postby that guy » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:26 pm

I got mine this morning and all things aside, the box is FREAKING HUGE!! It's the size of the UCS B-Wing box and far more substantial feeling than the crappy little box they put the Parisian Cafe in this year.
that guy

Postby Blackpete » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:33 pm

As soon as I got the e-mail, I placed my order, but that was a few days ago and they still haven't shipped it out. :( I'm betting that they've underestimated the demand for this one.
Blackpete

Postby Inzane » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:58 pm

that guy wrote:I got mine this morning and all things aside, the box is FREAKING HUGE!! It's the size of the UCS B-Wing box and far more substantial feeling than the crappy little box they put the Parisian Cafe in this year.

I'd be much happier with smaller set boxes all around. The gigantic massive boxes take up way too much storage space. When they're packed full of parts fine, but when they are more than half empty air space, that's a bit ridiculous.
Inzane

Postby Gingerbeard Man » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:18 am

Have any VIP members been watching this set lately? The way Lego implements "Early Access" means that the product becomes completely invisible to non-members for the duration.

As a non-VIP I was looking forward to the general release today. But when I went on to Shop@Home around 8 am CET this morning the Simpsons House was out of stock with a ship date of February 19th and a limit of 1 per customer. :(

Did so many VIP members place orders that stock ran out during the Early Access period? Or should I have tried to place an order at midnight..? The demand for some Lego sets seems just crazy.
Gingerbeard Man

Return to Finds/Deals