Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Reveals 71006 The Simpsons House

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

LEGO Reveals 71006 The Simpsons House

Postby Staff » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:22 pm

71006_Front

Following today's official announcement of The Simpsons license, LEGO has sent over official assets for 71006 The Simpsons House. Available as a Shop@Home D2C exclusive, it is priced at $199 USD. No other details about other sets is available at this time. Given that the press release used "construction set" in singular form, this and the Collectible Minifigure series may be all that we are getting.

71006_prod 71006_Front 71006_Front_House 71006_Back 71006_Back_House 71006_BartsRoom 71006_TopPanel 71006_Top_GroundFloor 71006_Top_FirstFloor 71006_RoofOff 71006_Piano 71006_MaggiesRoom 71006_MaggieKitchen 71006_Maggie_Bathroom 71006_LisasRoom 71006_HouseOpen 71006_Graffiti 71006_Garage 71006_Front_WheelBarrel 71006_Front_Ramp 71006_Front_RadioactiveStick 71006_Front_Pot 71006_Front_Ned 71006_Front_Marge 71006_Front_Mailbox 71006_Front_Lisa 71006_Front_Homer 71006_Front_BBQ 71006_Front_Bart 71006_DrivingCar 71006_Couch 71006_Back_WheelBarrel 71006_Back_SunChairs 71006_1to1_Marge 71006_1to1_Maggie 71006_1to1_Lisa 71006_1to1_Homer 71006_1to1_Flanders 71006_1to1_Bart

71006 The Simpsons™ House
Ages 12+ 2,523 pieces
US $199.99 - CA $229.99 - DE 199.99€ - UK £179.99 - DK 1,699.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

D’oh! The Simpsons™ House has been turned into LEGO® bricks!

Build The Simpsons™ House with detachable roof, modular design, car with dent, the famous family couch, 6 minifigures and so much more.

Recreate hilarious scenes from the classic animated TV series with The Simpsons™ House. Taken right out of Springfield, this amazing model is crammed with tons of LEGO® brick detail. Lift off the roof and open up the house to discover Homer and Marge’s big family bedroom including bed and Maggie’s crib, Bart’s room with his skateboard and Krusty the Clown poster, Lisa’s room with her favorite books, jazz poster and more, and bathroom with shower, toilet, sink and mirror. Lift off the top floor to reveal the fully-fitted kitchen with dining table, chairs, yellow and light-blue tiled floor and lots of pots, pans and other accessories. Then it’s into the living room with couch and TV playing Itchy and Scratchy, purple piano and more. Next to the house is the detachable garage, complete with workbench, tool rack, vacuum cleaner, broom, toolbox, tools and the family car, complete with dent (because only in a LEGO world are dents a plus!), opening trunk and ‘radioactive’ bar from the nuclear power plant. Step outside onto the terrace and you’ll find loads of cool items, including a grill, wheelbarrow and air conditioning unit with ‘Property of Ned Flanders’ decoration, sausages, 2 garden loungers, flowerpots, a shovel, 2 fruit cocktail glasses, Lisa’s camera, Bart’s skateboard ramp with ‘El Barto’ graffiti and an antenna on the roof. The Simpsons™ House is the perfect collector’s item for fans of all ages. Includes 6 minifigures: Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, Maggie and Ned Flanders.

• Includes 6 minifigures: Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, Maggie and Ned Flanders
• First floor includes yellow and light-blue tiled floor, sink, oven and stove, drawers, cups, pot, pan, bowl, mixer, plates, cake tins, cutlery, dining table and 4 chairs
• Living room features TV playing Itchy and Scratchy, couch, boat painting, telephone, carpet, purple piano and staircase to the second floor with family photos
• Bart’s room features a bed, night lamp, desk with pin board, chair, Krusty the Clown poster, skateboard, shelves with books, radio and a cap
• Marge and Homer’s bedroom features a bed, 2 side tables, Maggie’s crib and Marge’s bag
• Lisa’s room features a vanity mirror with hairbrush, stool, bed, table with lamp and cup, shelves with books, magnifying glass, backpack and a jazz poster on the wall
• Bathroom features a shower, toilet, sink and a mirror
• Detachable garage features the family car, tools, workbench, tool rack, vacuum cleaner, toolbox and a broom
• Family car with space for 4 minifigures features a dent in the front and an opening trunk to store Homer’s suitcase and a ‘radioactive’ bar from the nuclear power plant
• Outside area includes a grill, wheelbarrow and air conditioning unit with ‘Property of Ned Flanders’ decoration, sausages, 2 garden loungers, flowerpots, a shovel, 2 fruit cocktail glasses, Lisa’s camera, Bart’s skateboard ramp with ‘El Barto’ graffiti and an antenna on the roof
• Can you spot all the items Homer has “borrowed” from Ned Flanders?
• Remove the roof and top floor to access the different rooms inside
• House is hinged in the middle for easy access
• The perfect set for fans of LEGO® brick building and The Simpsons™!
• The Simpsons™ House measures over 9” (23cm) high, 16” (42cm) wide and 9” (24cm) deep

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/01/08/lego-reveals-71006-the-simpsons-house/
Staff

Re: LEGO Reveals 71006 The Simpsons House

Postby CloneEmperor » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:44 pm

I'm gonna beat all the negative nellies out there by saying that I am excited for this set. Even though they majorly screwed up the layout of the house.
CloneEmperor

Postby The_Chosen_1 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:59 pm

This will likely be a Day 1 purchase for me! I can't believe the price point on this, especially for a licensed set with TONS of new molds. Great part selection, too.

I hope this and the CMF sell well enough to warrant more sets. I'd love to see the Springfield Elementary or the Nuclear plant (among others) made.
The_Chosen_1

Postby Solo » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:05 pm

Wow. That price is surprising.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Clavius » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:43 pm

It comes with the inanimate carbon rod!! (or is that the radioactive isotope from the opening credits?..whatever)

Ok, I know it's just a green lightsaber blade piece, but this kind of attention to detail makes me all giddy!

WANT!...WANT NOW!

Though I will say I think I would've preferred the wide-eyed faces like on Flanders. The rest of them look sleepy.
Clavius

Postby CaptainFordo » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:40 pm

Clavius wrote:It comes with the inanimate carbon rod!! (or is that the radioactive isotope from the opening credits?..whatever)

Ok, I know it's just a green lightsaber blade piece, but this kind of attention to detail makes me all giddy!

WANT!...WANT NOW!

Though I will say I think I would've preferred the wide-eyed faces like on Flanders. The rest of them look sleepy.

Considering Homer and Marge are not in their default outfits, it's likely that cheaper sets/ collectible minifigure range will have the wide-eyed version. I think it suits Homer for his "mmm... x" face, and I guess Bart is supposed to be looking sly.

Looks like a cool set, but for me the price is too high and I'm not as big a fan of the show anymore. If money were no object I'd get it for the novelty value, but sadly it is, so I shan't.
CaptainFordo

Postby rushiosan » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:00 pm

This will be probably my first $200+ set, since LEGO is already pretty expensive in Brazil. This will come to me at R$1000 or something, but I don't care, the money is saved and I want it now! :O
rushiosan

Postby banthafodder » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:02 pm

I have always wanted to by this set since I heard about this wave and now seeing it only makes me want it more. Unfortunately I resemble Homer more now than Bart, but hey I guess we all do at some point. The details that were put in are amazing and the house looks like it jumped right out of Springville. The nuclear rod in the trunk of the car is a nice touch.
banthafodder

Postby daevster » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:12 pm

Very excited for this set, as well as to see the other minifigs LEGO will be making. I can't help but smile at all of the little details in the set like the "El Barto" graffiti on the skate ramp.
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/83288
http://www.youtube.com/user/daevster

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome..." -Walter Elias Disney
daevster

Postby onions » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:20 pm

i want to like it but... i think the minifigs ruin it for me. they all look stoned.

plus the color of the house, the way i remember it, was pink... maybe i'm only remembering the interior wall color...
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Solo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:55 pm

It used to be pink.

Also, are those tools in the garage new or am I just that out of the loop on city sets?
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby dWhisper » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:24 pm

New, but I think they're in some other 2014 sets. I've seen pictures of them somewhere else.

And while I'm a huge Simpsons fan, I can't get myself excited for this. The mini figs don't really bug me, they're just kinda plain (and Flanders wouldn't be let in the house). It's just the big tan box aspect, mixed with the fact that the house layout isn't even remotely close to right.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby sparkart » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:32 am

Looks like an amazing set to me. When I first saw the leaked pics, I thought it was too good and too large to be an official set, and a fan's fun hoax.

I'm somewhat pleased and a little surprised that the minifig heads don't start out as digital sculpts right away. Sometimes there's something subtle lost when everything's perfectly done digitally. Ever notice the prequel Darth Vader helmet, which, like these Simpson minifig heads, was digitally mirrored to make the sides perfectly symmetrical, looks different? Maybe it's more a feeling, like a stirring in the Force, but I swear, I can tell.

How many CMF series do you figure? Even after culling the 180+ character list of celebrity guests, there's still loads of characters that'll need the minifig treatment to populate Springfield.

I'm going to try to find some tentacles and my cyclops minifigs and piece together a Kang and Kodos...
sparkart

Postby Legomancer » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:04 pm

I'm hoping the LEGO Simpsons episode is pantomime slapstick, like they did with LEGO Star Wars.
Legomancer

Postby ccjwprongs » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:48 pm

We need the Kwik-E-Mart to the same scale. Much more visually appealing. And who doesn't want octuplet minifigures?
Neeeooowwwwww
ccjwprongs

Postby thepatient » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:34 pm

This seems like a really nice set. A fully stocked house inhabited by the Simpsons. It's not a bad price point either. The complaints about the floor plan are fair, but for myself are inconsequential. Totally outweighed by the awesomeness of this idea.
<O> <O>
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Winston Churchill
thepatient

Postby onions » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:05 pm

ccjwprongs wrote:We need the Kwik-E-Mart to the same scale. Much more visually appealing. And who doesn't want octuplet minifigures?

The Simpsons might be the only license to potentially succeed with location based sets instead of vehicles. Kwik-e-mart, moe's tavern, classroom, playground, the powerplant, blockoland... the list goes on and on.

and there better be itchy and scratchy cmfs.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby sparkart » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:05 am

It'd be really funny if all the Simpson's locales came with a handful of fire elements. Because, you know, fire is funny. Well, not in real life, but it seems like fire shows up in a lot of Simpson's episodes.

Not a huge Simpson's fan, so I can only think of two vehicles for LEGO-izing, the Monorail and The Homer (Homer's vision of the perfect auto mobile).
sparkart

Postby dWhisper » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:39 am

They could do an entire line of Homer minifigs, to be honest. My aforementioned desire of muumu Homer, Homer in a pink shirt, Homer in the robe and bear paw slippers, Homer at the Bat...

There are certainly enough places to make good sets, but they'd have to figure out how to target them to adults for it to work well. I just can't see this line working when directly squarely at kids.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby onions » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:41 am

dWhisper wrote:They could do an entire line of Homer minifigs, to be honest. My aforementioned desire of muumu Homer, Homer in a pink shirt, Homer in the robe and bear paw slippers, Homer at the Bat...

There are certainly enough places to make good sets, but they'd have to figure out how to target them to adults for it to work well. I just can't see this line working when directly squarely at kids.

that's the strange thing about this license. i don't really see the simpsons as a kid-targeted cartoon. this article kinda proves my point. the show didn''t even register with kids ages 2-11 for the given time range.
onions
Founder
Founder

Next

Return to Licensed Themes