Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

MOC Madness Final Round: Pokludix Zaa vs Zoid

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

V

Poll ended at Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:14 pm

84%
16%

Total votes : 88

MOC Madness Final Round: Pokludix Zaa vs Zoid

Postby Solo » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:26 am

This is now the polling thread for the ships shown above. This poll will be open for exactly 48 hours so get those votes in quick! You can still view the entries below. Contestants: this is a friendly reminder that no changes are allowed after the deadline, so your posts will be locked and if any of the photos in them change you will be disqualified.

This is the submission thread for the pilots listed above. Your letter this round is V.

The deadline for this round is 8pm Pacific time next Saturday, January 4th.

Post your starfighter photos below. Include up to three photos and label them as follows: one you'd like to use as the polling image, one demonstrating the letter, and one showing your pilot in the cockpit. Standard photography restrictions apply.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Re: MOC Madness Final Round: Pokludix Zaa vs Zoid

Postby majortom » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:31 am

in preparation for the final round, I started to put together a V-wing. You can see what I came up with in my flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62572022@N ... 228413045/

Good luck for the final Round you two!
majortom

Postby halfbeak » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:24 pm

Hello once more Folks. And here it is, my final build for this very enjoyable contest... The V-Wing! I hope you like it. There has to be a backstory of course!

When a Jedi scouting party was searching an asteroid belt in the Cularin System for Imperial installations, they stumbled upon a hollowed out rock with an unusually high organic signature. Upon entering they found a long-dead station, so old that even the automated defences, a hitherto unknown biomechanical system, were somnolescent.

Within were thousands of sleeping pods, all empty, living quarters so ancient that walls and furnishings crumbled to dust at the slightest touch, and then, right in the centre, held aloft by a gently writhing plinth of non-Newtonian fluid, a single, intact starfighter.

The fighter, a bizarre object with a twin V-shaped hyperdrive armature and very pointy primary weapons, was gently removed and shipped back to the quarantine level of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. It resisted all attempts at taking samples or opening. Its material seemed softly organic to the touch but immediately developed a preternatural toughness as soon as any tool was brought close.

The V-Wing remained impregnable and unassailed for several months until it was moved to the Jedi museum on the main temple level. Master Yoda happened by, accompanied by Pokludix Zaa. The starfighter immediately reacted, the transparent, globe-like cockpit suddenly dematerialising and the green tentacular structures within seemingly beckoning to Pokludix.

Master Yoda himself said very little, simply, “Hmmm? Hm. Errhhhm.” And then, after a few more moments of green tentacular beckoning towards Zaa, “Pokludix, to fly it perhaps this starfighter wants you. Perhaps somehow attuned to its systems you are. Yes, hmmm.”

Zaa tentatively approached and placed himself within the pilot’s seat. The green tentacles eveloped him in a gentle embrace, and then morphed themselves into an organic safety harness. The globular cockpit rematerialized and then the whole ship began to hum. And then…

Polling Shot:
V-Wing Polling Shot by halfbeak, on Flickr

V-Shot:
V-Wing "V" Shot by halfbeak, on Flickr

Pilot Shot:
V-Wing Pilot Shot by halfbeak, on Flickr
halfbeak

Postby dodge » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:52 pm

Beautifully done sir! Love the organic-tech look and the colour scheme!
I'm quite looking forward to this battle. Good luck to both of you!
dodge

Postby Si-Mocs » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:25 pm

Unknown. by Si-MOCs, on Flickr
Very little is known about this fighter. It has only been spotted a number of times, and most of the reconnaissance data is reconstructed from debris of those that had the misfortune of running into it.

It's weaponry and propulsion systems are mysterious, it's almost jellyfish like tenticles seem to some how push the ship through space ...

It has been speculated that ship is from the homeworld of the notorious Zoid, the bounty hunter. But he has never been seen piloting one, instead Zoid seems to fly around in a series of seemingly more flamboyantly shaped starfighters.

Unknown. by Si-MOCs, on Flickr

Unknown by Si-MOCs, on Flickr
Si-Mocs

Postby Si-Mocs » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:26 pm

Awesome ship Halfbeak!

May the best Canadian win ;)
Si-Mocs

Postby Rook » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:19 am

Love that you both picked similar color schemes. Simon I think you might have rushed this build to a 4th place finish. :/
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby Chosen One » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:23 am

While all of the entries have been orginally clever through out the contest... very few had/have the Star Wars in them.
Chosen One

Postby dodge » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:33 am

Thanks for making it an even tougher choice fellas! Good luck to both of you!
dodge

Postby majortom » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:52 am

I'm honestly finding it very difficult to make a decision here. These are both great, well done to you both!
majortom

Postby Ultron32 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:54 am

This is the most difficult decision that I have had throughout this whole contest.
I think Halfbeak's is a better starfighter but Simons is a better letter.
Dah! Nah! This is extremely difficult!
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby Midi » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:47 am

oh my the color scheme for both is such a beauty! this is hard. good luck guys! awesom job
Midi

Postby banthafodder » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:58 pm

Congratulations to you both on your great builds. I guess both contests ended up being more one-sided than I expected.
banthafodder

Return to Contests & Community Builds