Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

New LEGO Architecture Landmarks?

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

New LEGO Architecture Landmarks?

Postby yankeeken » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:29 pm

I'm not sure if anyone has seen these yet or not, but I was searching through the LEGO Exclusive section on S@H and found these two beauties.
Seattle Space Needle
Empire State Building

I don't remember seeing them in any of the recent LEGO magazines. I don't even remember reading about them anywhere on the internet. Are they new or have I just been living in a cave?

If they're not new, does anyone have them? And if so what do you think about them?
yankeeken

Re: New LEGO Architecture Landmarks?

Postby GIR3691 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:13 pm

I haven't seen these before. I saw the Sears Tower and last round of the "series" (I guess that's what it is,) but $20 for 57 and 77 pieces is a joke. The Empire State looks like mostly 1x2 bricks. I guess they are supposed to be collectors items, but honestly, they look like MOCs, and can probably be reproduced without instructions or too many bricklink orders, if you really want one.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby MrCRskater » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:25 pm

I came across these on the S@H website several weeks ago and was also perplexed. . . Apparently they're part of a line of "architecture" models (apparently 3rd and 4th in the lineup, so it must be pretty new).

The $20 price point does seem extreme given that they are 57 and 77 pieces, but they are fairly tall and the descriptions explain that they come with a sort of commemorative booklet with fun facts and probably an abbreviated history of each building. These are being served up more as a collector's item, the sort of thing that would look attractive on your desk at work or something. I dunno, I thought they were kinda cool and contemplated getting one myself. . .
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Draykov » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:21 am

These latest ones have been up for a little while now on Shop@Home. There were two other sets released late last year (Sears Tower and the John Hancock Center) as well. The only places I remember seeing these architecture sets publicized was in the most recent Brick Journal and on Brothers-Brick.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby plums_deify » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:15 am

Keep in mind that these aren't aimed at us. These are sold primarily in the gift shops of the buildings they model, for the Architecture types.
plums_deify

Postby ellerb » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:28 pm

Licensing fees for models of these buildings must be paid to the owners of the buildings and/or the designers of the buildings. This is the likely reason for higher than average costs. The sets are collectors items with unique printed plates. If you want to own the sets, consider purchasing a second copy for later resale. You will likely be able to pay off your first set for free.

Ben
ellerb

Postby yankeeken » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:32 pm

I don't know if I should get the Empire State Building or not. My mind says no, but my New Yorkerness is screaming yes. :|

Anyway thanks for the info guys.
yankeeken

Postby plums_deify » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:38 am

I caved and bought the Space Needle.

So dooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiit.

For presentation purposes, the box is really sharp. The black with the model on there is really slick looking.
plums_deify

Return to Original Themes