Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Marvel Super Hero Sets For 2014 Revealed

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

LEGO Marvel Super Hero Sets For 2014 Revealed

Postby Staff » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:20 pm

76014 Spider-Trike vs. Electro 1

Over on Eurobricks, member just2good posted clean images of the upcoming first wave of Marvel Super Heroes sets for 2014 based on the Avengers and Ultimate Spider-Man cartoons airing on Disney XD. Three words: Purple Pants Hulk. My life is now complete.

76014 Spider-Trike vs. Electro

Comes with Electro and Spider-Man.

76014 Spider-Trike vs. Electro 1
76014 Spider-Trike vs. Electro 2

76015 Doc Ock Truck Heist

Comes with Doc Ock, Spider-Man, and Truck Driver.

76015 Doc Ock Truck Heist 1
76015 Doc Ock Truck Heist 2

76016 Spider-Helicopter Rescue

Comes with Green Goblin, Spider-Man, Mary Jane, and Power Man.

76016 Spider-Helicopter Rescue 1
76016 Spider-Helicopter Rescue 2

76017 Captain America Vs. Hydra

Comes with Captain America, Red Skull, and Hydra Henchman.

76017 Captain America Vs. Hydra 1
76017 Captain America Vs. Hydra 2

76018 Hulk Lab Smash

Comes with (Purple Pants!) Hulk, Thor, Falcon, Taskmaster, and Modok.

76018 Hulk Lab Smash 1
76018 Hulk Lab Smash 2

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/12/15/lego-marvel-super-hero-sets-for-2014-revealed/
Staff

Re: LEGO Marvel Super Hero Sets For 2014 Revealed

Postby Dendo » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:48 pm

Does anyone else see the Electro figure and think, "Obi-wan Ghost anytime soon?"
Dendo

Postby Clavius » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:32 pm

Dendo wrote:Does anyone else see the Electro figure and think, "Obi-wan Ghost anytime soon?"

Now I do! :D

All really good looking sets by the way. Except maybe for the "Spider Trike" (really?). I've never been crazy about when they give Spider-Man a vehicle.

The Hulk Lab set looks awesome and checks off one of my bucket-list minifigures...M.O.D.O.K! Always loved me some MODOK. Give me a classic style Arnim Zola and I'll be a happy camper. (I love goofy-looking super villians!)
Clavius

Postby Ultron32 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:38 pm

Really love all these. I believe the excuse problem with a ghost minifig is that supposedly if they made a clear torso and legs you would see the cracks or somesuch.
Ultron32

Postby that guy » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:34 pm

Not that I don't believe these are legitimate but what's up with the half flesh, half yellow Doc Ock????
that guy

Postby Trooper10 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:31 pm

that guy wrote:Not that I don't believe these are legitimate but what's up with the half flesh, half yellow Doc Ock????

Rubber kitchen gloves and an ummmmm rubber t-shirt under his lab-coat?
Trooper10

Postby wegj » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:12 pm

I want the figures, the spider helicopter can crash into hulk lab 2.
WEGJ –keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models and Minifigs
wegj

Postby Red Ball » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:22 pm

that guy wrote:Not that I don't believe these are legitimate but what's up with the half flesh, half yellow Doc Ock????

It's based more on the older version of Doc Ock. He wore all green spandex with yellow gloves and boots. I like it compared to the Ultimate Spider-Man version. Looks like most of the characters releasing are based off some of the older costumes.
Red Ball

Postby gomek » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:53 am

I much prefer the term "classic" costumes, but yeah, I'm glad we're seeing these. I'm just not sure what happened to Electro. Since when does he look like Iceman?
gomek

Postby Sharpie Clone » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:35 am

gomek wrote:I much prefer the term "classic" costumes, but yeah, I'm glad we're seeing these. I'm just not sure what happened to Electro. Since when does he look like Iceman?

He will be blue and "icy"-looking in the upcoming movie.

None of these sets do anything for me. With the helicopter, why does it need 2 side rotors when it has the main rotor on top?
Sharpie Clone

Postby buriedbybricks » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:17 am

These costumes are technically not classic, they are based on the costumes in the Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers Assemble cartoons, which should be evident by looking at the logo on the box.

Luckily, many of these outfits are closer to the comic origins. but some are way off like the Goblin and Electro. The interesting anomaly is Doc Ock, who closer resembles his classic look even though the box is still labelled USM where Ock is a weird emo dirtbag.
buriedbybricks

Postby gomek » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:47 am

Yeah, I realize they are not totally true to the original classic costumes but at least figures like Falcon are recognizable to me where the if they did one inspired by the next Captain America movie I would have no idea who it was supposed to be.

As much as I like what Disney is doing with a lot of the Marvel franchise, I feel like the classic costumes are still going to be the more relevant designs for years to come. Things like the Movie Green Goblin figure already feel like a "A what the heck is this supposed to be".

Pretty much the only exception for me is the video game designs. I spend a lot of time playing the video games with my kids so whenever I get a figure they recognize from the games, it's always a big hit. (We don't have the Marvel game, so perhaps this will change my feeling about the Electro figure if/when we get a system that can play that game, and if he's in there)
gomek

Postby banthafodder » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:36 pm

buriedbybricks wrote:whenever I get a figure they recognize from the games, it's always a big hit. (We don't have the Marvel game, so perhaps this will change my feeling about the Electro figure if/when we get a system that can play that game, and if he's in there)

Electro is in his classic green and yellow with ligtning bolt headgear in the video game, so I don't know where this one is coming from.
Edit: Don't know why the quote is under Ken's name and not gomek
banthafodder

Postby CaptainFordo » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:04 pm

banthafodder wrote:
buriedbybricks wrote:whenever I get a figure they recognize from the games, it's always a big hit. (We don't have the Marvel game, so perhaps this will change my feeling about the Electro figure if/when we get a system that can play that game, and if he's in there)

Electro is in his classic green and yellow with ligtning bolt headgear in the video game, so I don't know where this one is coming from.
Edit: Don't know why the quote is under Ken's name and not gomek

As previously stated, it's his Ultimate Spider-man look, which is also unlockable in the game, much like Ultimate Goblin, Ultimate Ock and these spider-vehicle travesties we see :P The one good looking Spider-vehicle in the game was the DLC Spider-buggy, which has the benefit of being based on an actual comic, and yet THAT's the one that doesn't get made. Go figure :P (The Spider-cycle was cool too though, I'll admit).

I wonder if Wizard will show up in a future set. I can't say he's a memorable villain, or an special fan favourite, but he was in the game, so the only logical reason would be to promote an upcoming set. I mean Howard the Duck and Squirrel girl have amusement appeal, but Wizard? Him over Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and Ultron? That has to be because he's going to be in a set, otherwise it's just a weird character choice.
CaptainFordo

Postby darth_fett » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:47 pm

MODOK is freaking awesome, Falcon has a great re-use of parts and gives me hope for Archangel, purple pants hulk is pants wetting god, I'm getting doubles of Electro just for the electric parts en masse, and Goblin is WTH?!?!

I like Willem Dafoe's Goblin the best and miss that mask i never got ahold of.

And of course more vehicles that super heroes don't need. Whatever.
darth_fett

Postby gomek » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:29 pm

As previously stated, it's his Ultimate Spider-man look, which is also unlockable in the game, much like Ultimate Goblin,

I pine for the classic Electro. I'll get the "Ultimate" one just to have it, but it's kind of a big whatever. Thanks for the info on the game. Game consoles are kind of expensive, so until my kids absolutely need an upgrade from the wii, I'm just just going to have to be satisfied with the TT Games shorts.

Also same pretty much goes for the Green Goblin (as with Electro). It doesn't look like any Green Goblin I've ever known so to me I feel no different to it than any other random figure, maybe more sad for the missed opportunaity. (I read comics for the better part of four decades but admittedly never gave the Ultimate series a chance.) To me, if you're going to do a clear figure and a big figure, why not do Iceman and Abomination.
gomek

Postby crazybirdman » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:20 pm

it's movie AKA Jamie Fox, Electro, and ultimate Green Goblin. You can go online right now and watch the Ultimate Spiderman cartoon if you wanna see what his deal is.

I wish we were getting more Hydra henchmen (is it too much too ask for Marvel/DC battlepacks?), but I am so excited we are getting Taskmaster
crazybirdman

Postby gomek » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:00 pm

crazybirdman wrote:it's movie AKA Jamie Fox, Electro, and ultimate Green Goblin. You can go online right now and watch the Ultimate Spiderman cartoon if you wanna see what his deal is.

Hmmm Jamie Fox as Electro... sounds hideous. I'd rather watch Ryan Reynolds play Black Lightning. (Which I'd like far less than watching him play Green lantern or Deadpool, if that's even possible)

crazybirdman wrote:is it too much too ask for Marvel/DC battlepacks?

It's not, but you'll only get one figure you actually want multiples of, and 3 other which you already have, and don't need another of.
gomek

Postby CaptainFordo » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:21 am

gomek wrote:

As previously stated, it's his Ultimate Spider-man look, which is also unlockable in the game, much like Ultimate Goblin,

I pine for the classic Electro. I'll get the "Ultimate" one just to have it, but it's kind of a big whatever. Thanks for the info on the game. Game consoles are kind of expensive, so until my kids absolutely need an upgrade from the wii, I'm just just going to have to be satisfied with the TT Games shorts.

Also same pretty much goes for the Green Goblin (as with Electro). It doesn't look like any Green Goblin I've ever known so to me I feel no different to it than any other random figure, maybe more sad for the missed opportunaity. (I read comics for the better part of four decades but admittedly never gave the Ultimate series a chance.) To me, if you're going to do a clear figure and a big figure, why not do Iceman and Abomination.

Yeah, Ultimate Electro is nothing much to look at. At least the Ultimate Spider-man (cartoon) Goblin has a glider. That's something the Ultimate Spider-man (comics) Goblin never had (and the comics version also only had purple shorts and thus was basically a hulk with horns that shot fire). It's kind of funny though, as his outfit looks a lot like the outfit worn by the Hulk in his Marvel Now/ Indestructible Hulk appearances.
CaptainFordo

Return to Licensed Themes