Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

MOC Madness 2013 Round 3: Garret Velasria vs Adumson Dralex

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

X

Poll ended at Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:20 pm

84%
16%

Total votes : 77

MOC Madness 2013 Round 3: Garret Velasria vs Adumson Dralex

Postby Solo » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:15 pm

This is now the polling thread for the ships shown above. This poll will be open for exactly 48 hours so get those votes in quick! You can still view the entries below. Contestants: this is a friendly reminder that no changes are allowed after the deadline, so your posts will be locked and if any of the photos in them change you will be disqualified.

This is the submission thread for the pilots listed above. Your letter this round is X.

The deadline for this round is 8pm Pacific time next Wednesday, December 11th.

Post your starfighter photos below. Include up to three photos and label them as follows: one you'd like to use as the polling image, one demonstrating the letter, and one showing your pilot in the cockpit. Standard photography restrictions apply.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Re: MOC Madness 2013 Round 3: Garret Velasria vs Adumson Dra

Postby dodge » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:41 pm

This is x-actly what I was hoping for!

I am super x-cited to be in round three! I will x-tract my x-aggerated ideas from my head to be x-amined! I might x-cavate some x-amples before setting out on my x-pedition. I hope to x-cel and x-ceed my own x-pectations! I would like to x-tend my good wishes to my x-ceptionally talented competition, and look forward to the x-cess of x-cerpts that might come from this x-change. I think I'd better x-it before I get too x-cited and there's an x-cuse to x-communicate me from this x-perience!

X-celsior!!!
dodge

Postby dWhisper » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:58 pm

Pun... overload... how long have you been waiting to crack out all of those? ;)

Anyways, good luck, dodge. Go easy on this poor builder!
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby dodge » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:59 pm

dWhisper wrote:Pun... overload... how long have you been waiting to crack out all of those? ;)

Anyways, good luck, dodge. Go easy on this poor builder!

It took a list of 'ex' words to complete that paragraph! I look forward to your entry. Best of luck to you as well!
dodge

Postby Chorduroy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:54 am

Congrats on moving to round 3 Adam! Way to represent the 306!
Chorduroy

Postby dodge » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:54 pm

All right... round three... here we go...

X-wing: money by Dodge..., on Flickr
money shot

Backstory...

The Xi’tarrin fighter, known for its stealth and speed, was originally designed by the monks of the B’omarr order.

Though the B’omarr distanced themselves from both feeling and emotion, they felt it necessary to create a craft to protect the regions where the brains of the highest level of monks resided. These fighters would be piloted by introductory level monks as a way of serving the more enlightened members. This practiced was abandoned however, when the religion changed its base of operations to Tatooine 700 years BBY. This would be a mistake in the end, as their sanctuary was invaded many times by rouges and bandits and, most notably, by Jabba Desilijic Tiure.

The design, traded as part of the original passage to Tatoonie, was later sold to Kuat Drave Yards. This was held for many centuries, until 50 years BBY a half dozen prototypes were constructed at the Kuat Drives research shipyards near Gyndine, but never brought to full production due to the number of Imperial contracts which required fulfillment.

The ships remained in storage until 10 years BBY, one was stolen by a Twi’lek slave who was escaping her life on Gyndine. The ensuing chase through the research facility destroyed the remaining five Xi’tarrin fighters before the slave left the system for good. On the way home to Ryloth along the Coreliian Run, the ship was spotted by the authorities. The Twi’lek outran them and set down on Drall, abandoning the vehicle.

It was there that Adumson Drallex found the ship and took it for his own. When approached by the local authorities about the vessel, Adumson used the court case of Viallass v. Terminus about possession rights during civil peacetime.
Using his own concoction of hypermatter and Peragian fuel, Adumson uses the Xi’tarrin fighter only when it is required. Otherwise he allows it to exist peacefully as the B’omarr would have like it.

X-wing: cockpit by Dodge..., on Flickr
Cockpit

X-wing: X by Dodge..., on Flickr
X shape

Here's an extra video of the ship's 'action feature'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sasklegous ... otostream/
Last edited by dodge on Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dodge

Postby Lego junkie » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:56 pm

The first challenger arrises!
Lego junkie

Postby dodge » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:57 pm

Lego junkie wrote:The first challenger arrises!

I expect you to be next!
dodge

Postby Lego junkie » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:00 pm

Check your Flickr feed at 8:00 AM tomorrow!
Lego junkie

Postby dWhisper » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:02 pm

Hah! I can totally preempt that challenge!

Flight Chief: Commander... a word!
Purple Squadron Leader: *Sigh* what is it chief? I've got a... briefing... to get to
Flight Chief: A briefing named Carla?
Purple Squadron Leader: What do you want chief?
Flight Chief: I want Velasria's head and neck on a plate.
Purple Squadron Leader: Can't help you there, I'm already three pilots short. I'm sure he'll be dead within another mission or two, the way he flies. How about I send you some of the remains then?
Flight Chief: Did you see what he did with my b-Wing?
Purple Squadron Leader: You mean fly it into a battle with such prowess and majesty that the enemy didn't even bother to show up?
Flight Chief: He sold it to a Ilthorian merchant for three cases of Alderaan wine.
Purple Squadron Leader: Sounds like a great investment... not like they're making any more, what with Alderaan having been turned to kitty litter and all.
Flight Chief: We don't have any ships to spare! I'm not so much as giving your squadron a stick of gum until you-
Purple Squadron Leader: We already replaced the ship, Garret said that he has an X-Wing to back it up
Flight Chief: What? How is that possible, all of the X-Wings ever produced and stolen by the rebellion are accounted for.
Purple Squadron Leader: Well, I didn't say it was one of the X-Wings, it's an X-Wing. Kind of the same way that Boba Fett is the worlds deadliest Bounty Hunter, even though he's never so much as killed a Womp Rat.

Obligatory Letter-shape shot (Well, there's a letter shape in there somewhere)

And of course, the pilot in the cockpit!

A few more images can be found on my Flickr Page
dWhisper

Postby dodge » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:51 am

Nicely done sir! Really dig those engines of yours! Luck to you!
dodge

Postby dodge » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:09 am

Thanks for the battle dWhisper. It was a pleasure.
dodge

Postby dWhisper » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:47 am

Same to you. Good luck in the upcoming rounds. I can now go back to a life of only talking about building, and ditch this crazy deadline thing!
dWhisper

Return to Contests & Community Builds