Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tomorrow On ABC

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tomorrow On AB

Postby onions » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:36 pm

finally saw the last week's episode. good stuff all around, though..

Spoiler: show
using the life raft to plug up the giganto hole in the side of the plane made me laugh

too hard.

can't wait for tonight's show.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:27 pm

onions wrote:finally saw the last week's episode. good stuff all around, though..

using the life raft to plug up the giganto hole in the side of the plane made me laugh

too hard.

can't wait for tonight's show.

That very thing was the source of much discussion on another board I frequent. I determined that the real problem with that was

not that the raft couldn't "plug the hole", but that the pressure should have LONG since equalized before it was used, given the size of the hole. In other words, putting the raft over the hole at that point shouldn't have been a problem (even though it would never have been sufficient to stop the loss of pressure) because the hole shouldn't have been still sucking stuff out after all that time. Also, everybody should have been passing out from lack of oxygen, especially the way they were exerting themselves, unless the plane was flying pretty low.
Mister Ed

Postby onions » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:39 pm

Mister Ed wrote:
not that the raft couldn't "plug the hole", but that the pressure should have LONG since equalized before it was used, given the size of the hole. In other words, putting the raft over the hole at that point shouldn't have been a problem (even though it would never have been sufficient to stop the loss of pressure) because the hole shouldn't have been still sucking stuff out after all that time. Also, everybody should have been passing out from lack of oxygen, especially the way they were exerting themselves, unless the plane was flying pretty low.

science!

and the graviton episode sucked. i don't care what the critics say.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby stevenli » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:46 pm

Chloe Bennet/Wang running around in red dress? What's not to like? I hope she gets to sing in one of these episodes....
stevenli

Postby Trooper10 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm

The Hollywood Reporter announced yesterday that ABC has green-lit (green-lighted?) Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. an additional nine episodes,

I think you'll find the term is the ABC has "green-lanterned" this show... :lol:
Trooper10

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:15 pm

I liked this week's episode. It had a nice bit of character development and I liked how they addressed the fact that organizations in the Marvel universe like SHIELD tend to keep all the good tech to themselves. But above all, I'm very excited about the introduction of Graviton! The Graviton episode in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes was my favorite, and having him in this show provides lots of potential for epicness! Although I am not sure how SHIELD would defeat him without the help of the Avengers...
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby ufjason » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:33 am

This show is absolutely awful. It's barely watchable with annoying characters and poor acting. I like Ming Na in other things but the lead agent and the hacker are terrible and the scientist twins are irritating. I get the Coulson appearance, the actor was a regular on a sitcom. Why would they invent new characters when they've got access to so many agents of shield. Dum Dum Dugan, Gabriel "Gabe" Jones, Contessa Valentina Allegra de la Fontaine, Clay Quartermain, Jacob Strzeszewski, Jasper Sitwell, Sharon Carter and Jimmy Woo. I'd have liked to see the Dark Blue uniforms with white straps when they're dressed for action.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby sparkart » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:51 pm

I think the quality of this progam shows exactly why you don't let new creators mess with your intellectual property. You don't want them to do something silly with characters that you're going to use in a movie. Movies take a bit longer, are more thought out, while TV show productions sometimes use off-the-cuff means to meet tight recurring deadlines. This TV show is pretty bad. I think Chloe Bennet/Wang is up there with the all-time hottest women on TV, but flying skirts and wet clothes only take you so far.

Anyone remember the TV show Human Target? I thought that was a great show, and was hoping Marvel's Agents of SHIELD would have a similar tone. Adventurous, without being over the top goofy, which MAOS is already. I hope it lasts long enough to find out what Coulson really is.
sparkart

Postby Ultron32 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:29 pm

"What happenned to Coulson?"
"He's loosened up a bit. He almost died before the battle of New York."
"But what did they do to him?"

Y'know what I think?
HE'S THE VISION!!!
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby RfAurora » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:39 am

So was last night's episode supposed to be a prequel to Iron Man 3, or a mini sequel? Who do you think Skye is if she's in S.H.I.E.L.D.'s mainframe with her background redacted?
RfAurora

Postby Ultron32 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:08 pm

RfAurora wrote:
So was last night's episode supposed to be a prequel to Iron Man 3, or a mini sequel? Who do you think Skye is if she's in S.H.I.E.L.D.'s mainframe with her background redacted?

A sequel, same with the pilot which also mentioned Extremis.
Anyone know who Scorch is?

Flower dress lady and her corporation...
Lets see, S.W.O.R.D. is good so it's not evil, H.Y.D.R.A. was in Captain America so maybe? I don't think so. A.I.M. was in im3 so I think it's a good chance that this is A.I.M. seeing as A.I.M. made Extremis? Or it's something new altogether.
Ultron32

Postby sparkart » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:17 pm

My guess for the girl in the flower guess...Madame Hydra. Why a flower dress? Could they mayhaps be hydrangeas printed on her dress?
sparkart

Postby gasdoc » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:46 pm

No one is safe (bum bum buuuuummm) not even the team! Not even the team? Holy crap! They’re the ones I would automatically assume would be the safest, unless the creative team is planning on going all “Tasha Yar” on us.

Always important to remember that Joss Whedon is involved...not renowned for guaranteeing a smooth ride for his protagonists...

Gasdoc
gasdoc

Postby ufjason » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:12 pm

Or his tv shows other than Buffy.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby rodiziorobs » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:41 am

I've tried to hang on and stay interested, but I realized after last weeks episode (The Well) that I really don't care about any of the characters--mostly because of the May/Ward thing near the end. 'Who cares?' i thought. Fitz and Simmons have surprised me in the last few episodes, but Ward is still one-dimensional and while May was promising, so far she hasn't delivered much more than some well-placed kicks and glares. If the whole what-happened-to-Coulson question is given a less than satisfying solution, I will kick this show to the curb, and just go back and watch EMH to get my Marvel fix between movie releases. Actually, I might do that anyway because EMH was awesome.
rodiziorobs

Postby TMNT nerd » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:13 am

On "Repairs" was the portal to "hell" supposed to be a portal to Muspelheim?
TMNT nerd

Postby dWhisper » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Yeah, I'm still a few episodes behind, and I'm unsure when I'm supposed to start actually liking some of the characters in this show (or perhaps just stop outright disliking, such as Skye... Skye is a name you give to a kid that you want to guarantee ends up on the Pole).

I don't buy that they're trying to change the tempo, because I'm honestly not sure they've even decided what type of instruments they're going to play.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Ultron32 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:37 pm

I still am loving the show. Coulson is lovable as always and I really love all the mystery they're developing about 'Tahiti'. Fitz and Simmons I have to say are my favorite characters, their interactions with each other as well as the rest of the team are always hilariously entertaining. I like the character of Skye, and it's interesting finding out the whole thing with her parents...lots of mystery in the show. Ward is an 'ehh' character, he is kinda the same in everything I'll admit. But they have to have some 'straight arrow' type characters, if I'm using the right metaphor... which is also May. Another mystery, what exactly happened when she 'fixed the problem'? If we remember 'Repairs' she
told Nightcrawler whatshisname all that stuff about
Melinda May wrote:if you really care for her, and I know you do, you have to let go; let the girl go
, and when Coulson asked here what she said she replied
Melinda May wrote:the same thing you told me in some location name that I don't remember.
We can kind of imagine what this might mean, but I look forward to hearing more about that.

And side note, no offense, but it's getting kinda boring to see a weekly post on here about how much you dislike the show...just saying. I'd like to at least sometimes have a poster on it who actually enjoys the show (don't take this the wrong way, I'm just saying).
Ultron32

Postby buriedbybricks » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:52 pm

I do like the show, but I don't think it's anywhere near where it could be.

I guess I'm just not as easily impressed.
buriedbybricks

Postby dWhisper » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:02 pm

The joy of the internet, and especially on a news page like ours, is that if you don't like something, you can always just skip over it. We have no wish or desire to homogenize our content to the point that it's just pointless fluff. I'd rather see something I disagree with and have a discussion as to why than just see the kind of filler that's ruined many, many, other sites.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

PreviousNext

Return to Licensed Themes