Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Amazon Has LEGO on Today's Gold Box Deals

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Amazon Has LEGO on Today's Gold Box Deals

Postby Staff » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:29 am

9474 The Battle of Helm's Deep

If you're like me and stuck at home today cause you're watching the kids and don't want to go out in the rain, you can take advantage of several LEGO deals in Amazon's Gold Box. The sets vary across themes and price points but I'm sure there will be things you'll want to pick up. Gold Box deals tend to be claimed in a seconds so act fast on that mouse. A couple of upcoming deals include 76008 Iron Man vs. The Mandarin Ultimate Showdown, 21103 The DeLorean Time Machine, 79104 The Shellraiser Street Chase, and 9474 The Battle of Helm's Deep just to name a few. The Gold Box price will be an additional discount on Amazon's current selling price for the set.

Thanks again to Gooker1 for the tip.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/11/29/amazon-has-lego-on-todays-gold-box-deals/
Staff

Re: Amazon Has LEGO on Today's Gold Box Deals

Postby Mofo Jones » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:31 pm

1. Deal goes live.
2. Click.
3. Waitlist full.
All in the span of 3 seconds.
4. Rinse and repeat.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby kibosh » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:32 pm

I swear they must have had 1 Back to the Future set available. The deal started with the wait list button.
Check out my daily Lego picture at alegoaday.com.
kibosh

Postby Athos » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:44 pm

So far, everything has been an unremarkable 30% off...

Steve
Athos

Postby Ultron32 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:33 pm

Tried for a few of them. Less than ten seconds, they were gone. Every single time. Every single Lego set.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby gomek » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:38 pm

Mofo Jones wrote:1. Deal goes live.
2. Click.
3. Waitlist full.
All in the span of 3 seconds.
4. Rinse and repeat.

I had the exact same experience. They must have all of 5 or ten units available. My wife was watching one. Refreshing every second as it went live, and the best she could do was 1st on the wait list. And not one person opted out.

Really just seemed like a waste of my (and my wife's) time.

Walmart on the other hand, got a decent amount of my money with the 30% across the board sale. I didn't expect them to have the in store selection they did, especially hours after opening. Really the most satisfying deal of the day.
gomek

Postby Brainslugged » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:36 pm

I managed to get Back To The Future. I also got a cople of others but decided not to buy them (Friends, Mandarin). I also ended up on the waitlist for the Shellraiserso was a bit disappointed that I missed it, but then I hapened to be walking past my lasptop half an hour later and it was saying I had 55...54...53 seconds to buy the Shellraiser, so I went for it. I had no interest in Ninja Turtles until I picked up Baxter's robot last week at TRU for $25, so now I have all four of the guys which is pretty cool.

It makes me laugh that I'm always willing to put in the same amount of effort to save 30% on a $20 Lego set as I am on a $1000 TV :)
Brainslugged

Postby etcknight » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:57 pm

gomek wrote:Walmart on the other hand, got a decent amount of my money with the 30% across the board sale. I didn't expect them to have the in store selection they did, especially hours after opening. Really the most satisfying deal of the day.

Ditto. I was sorely tempted to spend more money at Walmart. 30% across the board is really good - especially considering I usually have to hunt around Target Clearances waiting for them to go from 15% -> 30% -> 50%, etc. Probably should have picked up the 79014 Dol Guldur Battle at 30% off . . . but my wife was with me, and already giving me the evil eye. *sigh* So, until next time. ;) Plus, sales pre-Black Friday have been pretty good this year, so hoping for some good deals next year.

I was really surprised by how FEW people seemed to be in the Lego aisle when the sale started?!
etcknight

Postby solo606 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:25 pm

I was able to snag a Helms Deep, I watched the button go active and clicked it to add to cart, 2 seconds later it was 100% claimed and wait list full.
solo606

Postby onions » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:29 pm

just curious how much did the helm's deep castle go for?
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby ufjason » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:50 pm

$90 if you could click it fast enough. I was on wifi so I guess it wasn't fast enough. At that price, it's not much better than a good sale from TRU.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby batsamd » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:35 pm

I saw Helms Deep go live, but didn't bite at just 30% off.

I've bought enough LEGO for now, with Ewok Village and now Arkham Asylum, plus another 8 or so sets waiting for me to build.
batsamd

Postby SevFalcon » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:37 pm

etcknight wrote:
gomek wrote:Walmart on the other hand, got a decent amount of my money with the 30% across the board sale. I didn't expect them to have the in store selection they did, especially hours after opening. Really the most satisfying deal of the day.

Ditto. I was sorely tempted to spend more money at Walmart. 30% across the board is really good - especially considering I usually have to hunt around Target Clearances waiting for them to go from 15% -> 30% -> 50%, etc. Probably should have picked up the 79014 Dol Guldur Battle at 30% off . . . but my wife was with me, and already giving me the evil eye. *sigh* So, until next time. ;) Plus, sales pre-Black Friday have been pretty good this year, so hoping for some good deals next year.

I was really surprised by how FEW people seemed to be in the Lego aisle when the sale started?!

I was hoping to find the new Hobbit sets at WM, but no such luck. :(
SevFalcon

Return to Finds/Deals