Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Doctor Who

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Re: Doctor Who

Postby Athos » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:38 am

I liked last night's episode. Though I'd guessed
Spoiler: show
the doctors had switched shoes
. Though I didn't see it coming at all that
Amy was a 'ganger
. Looking forward to next week's episode.

Steve
Athos

Postby Athos » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:41 pm

The headless monks were quite eerie... Not sure how I felt about the rest of the episode. It seems like an awful lot of set up that never went anywhere, even for a to be continued episode... River Song's reveal wasn't all that shocking, especially after
Amy named the baby Melody Pond, it was so close to River Song

Steve
Athos

Postby RfAurora » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:52 pm

So I'm getting caught up with the new episodes of Doctor Who right now, and int he episode "Night Terror", I have a question"

On the table next to George's bed, theres a crane that looks like its made of LEGOs, but I cant place the set it would come from or if it's even LEGO. Has anyone else that's seen this episode noticed this, or spotted any other LEGOs on the bookshelf?
RfAurora

Postby RfAurora » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:30 am

Don't feed the Pterodactyls.
RfAurora

Postby Flynn » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:05 pm

Hm, what are your guys' thoughts on the season overall now that it's over?

Personally, I thought it was a rather mixed bag. You had your great episodes (Doctor's Wife, Girl Who Waited, God Complex) mixed with some decent at best episodes (Night Terrors and Wedding of River Song) and then some truly awful episodes (Good Man Goes to War, Let's Kill Hitler, Closing Time). I don't think the idea of an arc-intensive season really worked (especially when half the episodes aren't really related to the arc), and then much of the supposed mystery and secrecy unraveled itself far earlier than it really should have.

There were some really good bits sprinkled throughout, but overall I think it was just a big bunch of "meh". But hey, Matt Smith was consistently excellent, which at least makes this better than the double-whammy of Series 2 and 3. Still not nearly as good as 1 or 5, though, not by a long shot.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Athos » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:46 pm

I thought that
River Song only killed the robot doppleganger thing and not the Doctor
was pretty obvious. I'm curious how the next season will run now:
with the Doctor stepping into the shadows
. And I'm really not sure about the question being
Doctor, who?
It has potential, but I'm not sold on it yet.

Steve
Athos

Postby RfAurora » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:26 pm

The question
Doctor Who? being the question that brings silence to the universe was explained by Dorium Maldovar. On the fields of Trenzelor, at the fall of the Eleventh, a question will be asked - one that must never be answered. And Silence must fall when the question is asked. And the silence will fall because the Doctor will never reveal his name.
RfAurora

Postby Flynn » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:33 pm

Athos wrote:I'm curious how the next season will run now:
with the Doctor stepping into the shadows

I think that's an attempt to bring it back to the Classic Series way of doing things, where the Doctor is a relative unknown just passing through the universe doing what he pleases. After about 5 years of "The Doctor is the greatest thing to ever happen to this planet and this universe in the history of everything", where he was so feared and legendary and etc., I believe this is a welcome change.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Athos » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:59 pm

Anybody watch the Muppets... er Angels take Manhatten last night?

I thought a nice little twist at the end should have been:

On Amy and Rory's tombstone, something to the effect of beloved parents to Brian Pond Williams. Could open up a new mystery for a new season or just be a mysterious thing that never got explored.

Steve
Athos

Postby Joedward » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:59 pm

Was absolutely heart broken. I knew they were leaving, but that just hurt. Moffat is a bad person.

Really fantastic episode..... I think, but not one I'll be rushing to watch again. Oh, and the smiling angel? Gorram that was creepy!
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby jomandybri » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:29 am

Moffat was just mean, doing that! :'( After everybody thought it would be okay, suddenly he goes and gets angel-zapped?! I knew it was gonna happen, but still... Come on! >8(
May the mass times acceleration be with you!
jomandybri

Postby dWhisper » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:05 pm

So... 50th Anniversary...

:shock: Mind... Blown...

Yeah, I'm still processing all of that. But my god, that whole end, with Baker as the Curator. I was goosebumpy.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Andi » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:35 am

It was a really awesome 50th Anniversary
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby jomandybri » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:56 am

Was that not so incredibly awesome?! I don't think I've been so overwhelmingly euphoric/stunned/just completely in awe over a TV show in a very long time... the way everything fitted in, and finally we saw the Great Time War! Moffat is a brilliant executor of long-term plans in this show, and somehow I manage not to see them coming.

dWhisper wrote:Yeah, I'm still processing all of that. But my god, that whole end, with Baker as the Curator. I was goosebumpy.

Baker was definitely the icing on the cake... :cool: I started watching the old series in reruns on TV around 2000 as a kid, and I would have to say he was my favourite at the time.
May the mass times acceleration be with you!
jomandybri

Previous

Return to BCS 2.0