Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Which castle set?

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Which castle set?

Postby kelano28 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:12 pm

So I'm thinking of adding a newer castle set to my collection as I've heard good things but have yet to pick one up (only really buy SW sets). I've narrowed it down yo:

Dwarves Mine
King's Castle Siege
Troll Battle Wheel

If anyone has any recommendations please let me know!

Thanks...
kelano28

Re: Which castle set?

Postby MrCRskater » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:47 pm

A friend of mine is a Castle enthusiast, and the Troll Battle Wheel comes highly recommended from him. I think it looks pretty sweet myself. . .
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby ellerb » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:23 pm

I would recommend either the Dwarves Mine or King's Castle Siege. Check out these articles regarding the castle for more information:

http://www.classic-castle.com/sets/arti ... ments.html
http://www.classic-castle.com/sets/arti ... eview.html

Ben
ellerb

Postby Skafte » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:53 am

I don't have the Castle Siege, but I would recommend the Mine. I love the dwarves, the big troll and also the orcs. The set itself has some nifty thingummybobs and will probably soon be dicontinued. Go for it! The Battle Wheel is also nice, especially at the discounted price. I'd like a few more, it's a good parts pack. Castle Siege has the skeletons as attackers, they're not my favourite. It looks like good build, though. Maybe on clearance...
Brick me!
Skafte

Postby Andi » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:55 am

I prefer the Castle Sets from the 80ies, but from your list I would choose the King's Castle Siege. It's a nice build, includes nice parts and minifigs and looks good (maybe even better if you would build it on an extra baseplate)
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby ufjason » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:27 am

Both the Siege and Mine are great sets, but the Siege is almost twice the price. I'd say if price is no object, you definitely get more for your money on the Siege. However as set design goes, I prefer the Mine.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby Draykov » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:28 am

kelano28 wrote:If anyone has any recommendations please let me know!
Thanks...

Of the 3 you listed, only King's Catle Siege is currently available on Shop@Home (in the US anyway). With that in mind, that might be the most likely candidate to hold off on for now. Without knowing what you like though, it's difficult to make a recommendation. Some other folks have already provided some insightful information, but Is there some aspect of these sets that you're still on the fence about? Have you checked out the inventories of each of them on Bricklink or Peeron already? If not, that's what I'd recommend. They can be found here:

Bricklink

7036 Dwarves' Mine
7041 Troll Battle Wheel
7094 King's Castle Siege

Peeron

7036 Dwarves' Mine
7041 Troll Battle Wheel
7094 King's Catle Siege
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby kelano28 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:55 pm

Draykov wrote:
kelano28 wrote:If anyone has any recommendations please let me know!
Thanks...

Of the 3 you listed, only King's Catle Siege is currently available on Shop@Home (in the US anyway). With that in mind, that might be the most likely candidate to hold off on for now. Without knowing what you like though, it's difficult to make a recommendation. Some other folks have already provided some insightful information, but Is there some aspect of these sets that you're still on the fence about? Have you checked out the inventories of each of them on Bricklink or Peeron already? If not, that's what I'd recommend. They can be found here:

Bricklink

7036 Dwarves' Mine
7041 Troll Battle Wheel
7094 King's Castle Siege

Peeron

7036 Dwarves' Mine
7041 Troll Battle Wheel
7094 King's Catle Siege

Thank you very much for the info!
Quick and helpful responses keep me coming back to FBTB...

I think I'm going to go with the Dwarves' Mine I've heard nothing but great things about it and the inventory seems pretty vast :)
kelano28

Postby Draykov » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:10 pm

kelano28 wrote:I think I'm going to go with the Dwarves' Mine I've heard nothing but great things about it and the inventory seems pretty vast :)

Solid choice. The dwarf minifigs are great! :)
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby infallible » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:10 pm

Good choice. I was going to suggest the Mine, anyway. I got that set a while back, and I think it's great. I had a lot of fun building it, and it sets itself apart from the standard Castle set. I like the "mechanics" of the mine, so I think it's a winner.
infallible

Return to Original Themes