Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

MOC Madness 2013 Round 1: Dielon Walls vs Garret Velasria

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

W

Poll ended at Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:30 pm

79%
21%

Total votes : 90

MOC Madness 2013 Round 1: Dielon Walls vs Garret Velasria

Postby Solo » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:26 am

This is now the polling thread for the ships shown above. This poll will be open for exactly 48 hours so get those votes in quick! You can still view the entries below. Contestants: this is a friendly reminder that no changes are allowed after the deadline, so your posts will be locked and if any of the photos in them change you will be disqualified.

This is the submission thread for the pilots listed above. Your letter this round is W.

The deadline for this round is 8pm Pacific time next Sunday, November 24th.

Post your starfighter photos below. Include one photo you'd like to use as the polling image, one photo demonstrating the letter, and one showing your pilot in the cockpit. Standard photography restrictions apply.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Re: MOC Madness 2013 Round 1: Dielon Walls vs Garret Velasri

Postby dWhisper » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:57 pm

The constant reality of the rebellion was that there were far more volunteers than there ever was equipment for them. As the war progressed, there were several "creative" solutions to the problem of having more pilots than ships. Most were abject failures that made Ugly fleets look good. Some were so bad that they started to loop back around on good. And the worst? They were subject to legendary stories like this...

Purple Squadron Leader: Chief, you have got to get me some more ships! Those Y-Wings we flew against that Victory-Class Star Destroyer were less reliable than a Rodian bounty hunter trying to shoot a guy in a cantina booth!
Flight Chief: What do you want, commander? I have an ample collection of ships just lying around this well-stocked flight deck...
Purple Squadron Leader: Sarcasm is a sign of a weak mind, Chief. The blasted nacelle on Velasria's ship fell off when he came in to land!
Flight Chief: It still landed, didn't it?
Purple Squadron Leader: Yes, but it won't be fixed for a week, and we're going out on another flight tonight!
Flight Chief: Well, the other only thing I've got that's ready to go is some new experimental W-Wing, but it's just an awful machine. Off-kilter engines, only speed is "way too fast." You'd have to have some idiot that's only good at flying while drunk out of his mind and incapable of flying in a straight line to fly the thing...
Purple Squadron Leader: Well, actually...

Main Image (and poll picture)

The Obligatory Letter-shape image

The guy in the cockpit (and the reason there are two windscreens is to facilitate the wine bottles) image
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby VHPFAU » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:54 pm

Dielon Walls...
..."THE RED WELDER"....

his goal, buid a ship and get away from the New empire...
make a name by his own in the cargo freight business in a squared and boring cargo spaceship....

Red Welder CABIN por VHPFAU, en Flickr

...but....the universe isn't nice... and you have to be prepared to fight back...

RED WELDER MAIN por VHPFAU, en Flickr

...and make a name...leave your mark.... the Welder...

RED WELDER "W" por VHPFAU, en Flickr

more to know in
http://www.flickr.com/photos/63823890@N ... 555795266/
VHPFAU

Postby zhouston » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:32 am

'W'ow! you both did a great job!!
zhouston
David

Postby VHPFAU » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:41 am

thanks zhouston, may the "w"est ship wins...!!!
VHPFAU

Postby fettman104 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:03 am

VHPFAU: If you lose it will be due to your polling picture. It is hard to tell how it is a W but when you scroll down and look at the other pics it is shocking to see the great concept. You might want to PM Solo and ask him to change the polling pic to the second or third one in the above post. I am glad I scrolled down becasue this one is a really tough choice.
fettman104

Postby Midi » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:08 am

I actually love the idea if the polling image doesnt look like the letter,, it makes me curious and get mindblown once seeing the transformation .. again both are wawaaweewaaaa.. good luck guys,
Midi

Postby VHPFAU » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:19 am

fettman104 wrote:VHPFAU: If you lose it will be due to your polling picture. It is hard to tell how it is a W but when you scroll down and look at the other pics it is shocking to see the great concept. You might want to PM Solo and ask him to change the polling pic to the second or third one in the above post. I am glad I scrolled down becasue this one is a really tough choice.

yup, i thought that, but as Midi says, i take the risk for the "curiosity"...anyway, when i loose il remember your words..hehehe
VHPFAU

Postby dWhisper » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:00 am

Eh, I don't think that you need to show the letter in your poll picture... it should be the picture that best represents your build. VHPFAU, I like the ship, and love how you solved the problem of shaping a W. It was a lot more difficult of a letter than I was expecting initially. I actually had far grander plans for how I was going to build the shape, but had to scale it back when my engines weighed in around a "blasted ton" or so.

It was actually mostly by accident that they got set up this way. I posted a picture in chat looking for advice, and just set up the cockpit and engines, unconnected, in a similar position. It seemed to work, and that meant having to find a way to actually connect them. Just happens that by doing that, the W-shape became far more obvious at an angle...
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Solo » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:14 am

These polls aren't supposed to be based only on which fighter looks more like the letter, it's which one looks like the letter and looks awesome doing it. Obviously it's your choice how you decide but not everyone considers the same attributes on equal terms.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby VHPFAU » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:40 pm

completely agree with dWhisper and Solo...the first i thought with the W was in mobile parts, go from a squared stationary form to a edgy open attack mode. Maybe i concern a bit much in the playabiliti and functionality and not always you can catch that in a picture...actually iv posted a video on flickr to clarify any doubts.
the fact is that i have a great time building this, and if i don't pass the round, il continue building the other letters...jst for fun, good luck and may the best W Wins
VHPFAU

Return to Contests & Community Builds