Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

MOC Madness 2013 Round 1: Dlanod Batil vs Ed Med

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

U

Poll ended at Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:30 pm

89%
11%

Total votes : 90

MOC Madness 2013 Round 1: Dlanod Batil vs Ed Med

Postby Solo » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:26 am

This is now the polling thread for the ships shown above. This poll will be open for exactly 48 hours so get those votes in quick! You can still view the entries below. Contestants: this is a friendly reminder that no changes are allowed after the deadline, so your posts will be locked and if any of the photos in them change you will be disqualified.

This is the submission thread for the pilots listed above. Your letter this round is U.

The deadline for this round is 8pm Pacific time next Sunday, November 24th.

Post your starfighter photos below. Include one photo you'd like to use as the polling image, one photo demonstrating the letter, and one showing your pilot in the cockpit. Standard photography restrictions apply.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Re: MOC Madness 2013 Round 1: Dlanod Batil vs Ed Med

Postby Darth Dee » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:45 pm

U-Wing Rapid Assault Starfighter
U-Wing1EdMed by DarthDee, on Flickr

The letter "U"
U-WingAlpha1EdMed by DarthDee, on Flickr

Ed Med at the controls!
U-WingPilot2EdMed by DarthDee, on Flickr

More pictures:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/69304039@N ... 981315654/
Darth Dee

Postby hatcher » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:27 am

The U-Wing starfighter. Designed by a Mandalorian shipbuilder whose name has been lost to history, Dlanod Batil owns the last known working copy. Like Dlanod says, it may not be flashy, but it gets the job done. An unintentional design flaw saw the U-Wing turn into a giant electromagnet. The Death Watch however, turned this flaw into a feature that allowed them to attach themselves to the sides of Capital ships and cling there when they jumped to hyperspace and destroy the ship when they couldn't protect themselves. The fact that the U-Wing would be destroyed in the process was an unfortunate side effect. It has four front facing laser cannon, and four rear facing.

IMG_2886 by hatcherman, on Flickr

The U shape.

IMG_2892 by hatcherman, on Flickr

The cockpit is a bit cramped, but Dlanod has been in tighter spots.

IMG_2890 by hatcherman, on Flickr

The metric system is the tool of the sith! My ship gets 40 rods to the hogshead and that's the way I likes it!

Now we see if youth and strength can overcome age and treachery!
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby zhouston » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:48 am

'U'ndeniably cool builds!!
zhouston
David

Postby murphquake » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:01 am

hatcher is my new fav author of silly moc blurbs...
murphquake

Postby hatcher » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:21 am

Thanks murphquake. :)
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby Midi » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:39 am

nicely done by both good luck guys, "unintentional design flaw saw the U-Wing turn into a giant electromagnet" lol good one
Midi

Postby Brainslugged » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:41 pm

murphquake wrote:hatcher is my new fav author of silly moc blurbs...

Agreed. Trying hard not to base my vote on purely wanting to see more of Dlanod's story.
Brainslugged

Postby hatcher » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:30 pm

Dlanod's most notable contribution to galactic history came during the Republic Olympics. He didn't win any Gold medals, but he came close. He threw a Javelin that barely missed Palpatine. But he did hit an assassin who trying to kill Palpatine. The next time he saw Palpatine, they had dinner and laughed about it.
hatcher

Postby murphquake » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:03 pm

sad to know the Dlanod story is ending (hopefully not, fingers crossed! hatcher?) but congrats to DD!
murphquake

Postby hatcher » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:54 am

Dlanod blames his loss on the Democrats being in power again. That and he was in a drunken stupor during the contest. (Thank you Rob Ford, you're comedy gold, comedy gold!)Congrats to Darth Dee, your ship was great. Good luck to all the winners in round 2. Round one ships were fantastic, and you all brought your A game. Can't wait to see round 2!
hatcher

Postby murphquake » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:09 am

hatcher you need to do a chronicles of Dlanod thing on flickr or something...
murphquake

Return to Contests & Community Builds