Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

MOC Madness 2013 Round 1: B'ob vs Alterf Skendif

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

I

Poll ended at Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:30 pm

43%
57%

Total votes : 84

MOC Madness 2013 Round 1: B'ob vs Alterf Skendif

Postby Solo » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:26 am

This is now the polling thread for the ships shown above. This poll will be open for exactly 48 hours so get those votes in quick! You can still view the entries below. Contestants: this is a friendly reminder that no changes are allowed after the deadline, so your posts will be locked and if any of the photos in them change you will be disqualified.

This is the submission thread for the pilots listed above. Your letter this round is I.

The deadline for this round is 8pm Pacific time next Sunday, November 24th.

Post your starfighter photos below. Include one photo you'd like to use as the polling image, one photo demonstrating the letter, and one showing your pilot in the cockpit. Standard photography restrictions apply.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Re: MOC Madness 2013 Round 1: B'ob vs Alterf Skendif

Postby Master Beef » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:00 pm

The Rabaka Siege Fighter is said to have been used by B'ob the Bounty Hunter around 2,900 BBY. Legend says that while on Nar Shadda, B'ob was offered an enormous sum by some unknown source to track down and destroy a target. The target? A Megablokaina Capitol Ship.
B'ob wisely chose the Rabaka Siege Fighter as his transportation. Now the Rabaka is actually TWO ships - a pod and a cargo carrier - held together by an energy binder. At the push of a button, the pod can release from the larger body. While this larger section is usually used to carry cargo, B'ob outfitted his Rabaka with a 5,000,000,040 megaton warhead. B'ob fought through the Megablokaina blockade with the Rabaka's fairly large arsenal of laser cannons. Then B'ob aimed the Rabaka at the capitol ship and released the carrier...
...But the Megablokaina capitol ship was stronger than expected. It survived the warhead assault. So B'ob, without hesitation, turned back towards the capitol ship. He was going to get his bounty. He sped towards the gigantic ship in the little pod with all his might... ...and rammed it.
There was no way that anyone within a planet's radius survived the devastation, but many speculate that one man did: B'ob...

Master Beef

Postby Automaton Pictures » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:05 pm

Kuat Drive Yards' TX-37 I-Wing Starfighter was a uniquely shaped spy craft during the reign of the Empire. Its' slim shape and dark coloration made it difficult to blast in dogfights, and in the event of a serious hit, the swiveling cockpit could detach as an escape pod. Perhaps the most famous I-Wing pilot was the notorious Alterf Skendiv, whose various missions contributed to the Imperial takeover of hundreds of planets. Alterf's personal I-Wing went through numerous modifications, including the addition of a Stygium crystal cloaking device. Sadly, Skendiv's trusty vessel was destroyed in an asteroid collision, but it's rumored the Alterf survived by ejecting in his escape pod.

Polling Image:
TX-37 I-Wing Starfighter (Main) by Automaton Pictures, on Flickr

Alterf Skendiv in the cockpit:
Alterf in the Cockpit by Automaton Pictures, on Flickr

Demonstrating the letter:
TX-37 I-Wing Starfighter (Shape) by Automaton Pictures, on Flickr

To see more pictures, click here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/automatonpictures/sets/72157638025612395/!
Automaton Pictures

Postby murphquake » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:21 pm

gotta be one of the tightest races in the whole round! Wow to both builders, just super!
murphquake

Postby volumex » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:47 pm

i think we could have a tie.
volumex

Postby deathwish279 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:48 pm

i think it'll come down to one of you and one of the j-wing guys, if you keep this up.
deathwish279

Postby zhouston » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:38 am

'I' can't wait to see how this one turns out, it was actually one of the harder ones to vote on for me, both of you did a very good job!!
zhouston
David

Postby sparkart » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:46 am

Both of these are outstanding. If the contest was a pairing of fighters against other pairs of fighters, these two would dominate. Really, really good.
sparkart

Postby Midi » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:51 am

oh my... this is hard.
Midi

Postby Rook » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:52 am

Hmm this one came down to photography. The builds are equal.
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby naugem » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:37 am

Wow, difficult letter to build a spaceship around, but you both pulled it off. Hard decision.
naugem

Postby Master Beef » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:10 am

Congrats on moving on, mate! Didn't expect to leave so early, but then I guess I didn't expect to have you as an opponent! :P Now I guess it's about time to focus more on finals, the holidays, finals, and did I mention finals?

Good luck.

Elliott
Master Beef

Return to Contests & Community Builds