Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Reveals Disney Princesses Line

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

LEGO Reveals Disney Princesses Line

Postby Staff » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:04 pm

41055 Cinderella's Romantic Castle 1

I forget which came first, Friends or the Disney Princesses Duplo line, but at some point I said to myself, "Self, it's just a matter of time before there's a Disney Friends line." Lo and behold, here we are with some pictures of LEGO Disney Princesses. There are six initial sets to be had with what I can only assume is a release date of January 2014. Cinderella and Ariel have doubled up, but we do get newcomers Merida and Rapunzel each with one set. And if Rapunzel doesn't have some sort of new, super-long hair element I'm crying foul.

41055 Cinderella's Romantic Castle

41055 Cinderella's Romantic Castle 1 41055 Cinderella's Romantic Castle 2

41054 Rapunzel's Creativity Tower

41054 Rapunzel's Creativity Tower 1 41054 Rapunzel's Creativity Tower 2

41053 Cinderella's Dream Carriage

41053 Cinderella's Dream Carriage 1 41053 Cinderella's Dream Carriage 2

41052 Ariel's Magical Kiss

41052 Ariel's Magical Kiss 1 41052 Ariel's Magical Kiss 2

41051 Merida's Highland Games

41051 Merida's Highland Games 1 41051 Merida's Highland Games 2

41050 Ariel's Amazing Treasures

41050 Ariel's Amazing Treasures 1 41050 Ariel's Amazing Treasures 2

via Heartlake Friends via The Brothers Bricks
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/11/12/lego-reveals-disney-princesses-line/
Staff

Re: LEGO Reveals Disney Princesses Line

Postby wegj » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:04 pm

Awesome.. I want Sebastian though.. My nieces will be happy.
WEGJ –keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models and Minifigs
wegj

Postby minicoop4 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:07 pm

Ace rightly gets to say "I told you so!"

Of course, this basically paves the way for a Friends Disney Princess line, which will sell like gangbusters, GANGBUSTERS I SAY! Only a matter of time…

You heard it here first folks!

http://www.fbtb.net/2012/02/13/lego-toy ... -princess/
minicoop4

Postby crazybirdman » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:10 pm

My wife and daughter will want all of these. not just these 6, but any Disney Friends sets they make ever.
Does this mean we will get mermaids in the regular Friends line?
crazybirdman

Postby onions » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:31 pm

minicoop4 wrote:Ace rightly gets to say "I told you so!"

Of course, this basically paves the way for a Friends Disney Princess line, which will sell like gangbusters, GANGBUSTERS I SAY! Only a matter of time…

You heard it here first folks!

http://www.fbtb.net/2012/02/13/lego-toy ... -princess/

XD

should have used bellatrix's hair in orange/red/darkorange/whatever for merida. she's probably the worst of the bunch, and the worst set to boot. cinderella looks FANTASTIC though.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby dWhisper » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:42 am

I think I'm more excited about these sets than any of the of the other previews or leaks that have popped up. Now to convince my wife I need to buy two of each one... one for me, one for my daughter...
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby buriedbybricks » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:44 am

And one for her! May take more convincing, but it'll be a better investment towards your own happiness then a bowling ball with your name on it.
buriedbybricks

Postby Rook » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:35 am

Love the light blue and gold pieces. I think LEGO failed on the glass slipper though.
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby Brainslugged » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:34 am

These look amazing. My two and a half year old is going to LOVE them. She already has the Duplo Cinderella coach so it's great to see a proper Lego one.

I'm way more impressed by these than any of the city sets. Not totally sure about the new swirly 1x1 studs though. I don't think Lego needs another element with which they can pad out the piece count.
Brainslugged

Postby rodiziorobs » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:59 am

Brainslugged wrote:Not totally sure about the new swirly 1x1 studs though. I don't think Lego needs another element with which they can pad out the piece count.

It might kind of inflate the piece count, but at the same time I can see so many great possibilities-I am totally going to try a microscale Kremlin when I get my hands on these.

Otherwise, these princess sets, particularly the two for Cinderella, look to be my favorites so far for 2014 (besides the Parisian Restaurant): decent model designs that are more original than the current Castle line, and loads of great new parts and elements.
rodiziorobs

Postby crazybirdman » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:11 am

I showed my wife, she says "The Ariel set clearly doesn't have enough thing-a-ma-bobs" :D
crazybirdman

Postby darth_fett » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:11 am

Ooooh! So many purple slopes and pieces! I can see my Evangelion coming together next year! Lol on mini kremlin. Who knew that Ariel lived on Utapau though? She's got the grass there. Or wait, was that the Salami sounding planet i'm thinking of? The speederbike set, regardless.
darth_fett

Postby lego-runner » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:46 pm

Did anyone else notice that all the lego princesses are blond and red haired? I know there are only four but I still want more.
lego-runner

Postby crazybirdman » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:04 pm

^Yeah, but you gotta figure Belle, Tiana, and Snow White will be in the next wave.
crazybirdman

Postby sparkart » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:12 am

Curious...most licensed LEGO sets incorporate a notion of conflict, good guy vs. bad guy, and anything themed police, City Police, Space Police, does the same, as do the fantasy sets, like Ninjago or Chima.

Didn't notice until today, after watching the Maleficent movie trailer (starring Angelina Jolie) that these sets, and most (all?) Friends sets don't have that same sense of outright conflict.

Instead, these employ a more sophisticated presentation of conflict. Any set with a male character, like the Eric vs. Ariel set or the Flynn vs. Rapunzel set will help the young girls come to terms with their parent's constant bickering and sniping, and through play, work through the trauma that comes from watching Mom and Dad suck the life from each other.

Apologies for that last paragraph, I originally was going to write that it would be cool to get some villains, but my mind wandered. We'll have to rely on AFOLs to make something like Maleficent in dragon form.
sparkart

Return to Licensed Themes