Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Nickelodeon's TMNT Cartoon

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: Nickelodeon's TMNT Cartoon

Postby buriedbybricks » Thu May 30, 2013 4:54 am

Agreed. Also...

Spoiler: show
... the fact that Tim's fat was a direct result of Leo leaving him on the front line was not lost on my 5yo. He got it on a very basic level, but I wouldn't be surprised if Leo had trouble putting others in danger in the future after getting a taste of the burden of command.

Heavy stuff under the surface makes for some fine toonage worthy of the Turtles comic heritage. Helps that they kept just the right amount of wacky too.

Case in point: Issue #22
Wacky
buriedbybricks

Postby Gooker1 » Thu May 30, 2013 10:52 am

Finally, someone responded to the last episode! :) Anyone thinking the Pulverizer will get turned into Mutagen Man?
Gooker1

Postby Gooker1 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:37 am

Krang Prime!!!!!

Saw this on ew.com earlier: http://family-room.ew.com/2013/06/11/ro ... tmnt-nick/

There's a super short clip w/ a few lines of Krang Prime voiced by...you would never guess. Roseanne Barr. :)
Gooker1

Postby Robzula » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:14 pm

Oky Wan Kenobi wrote:It's kinda funny how there is a highlight of the latest TMNT episode, but no mention of the Star Wars The Clone Wars season finale, especially since this was originally a Lego Star Wars centric site...

buriedbybricks wrote:I don't know where our two Clone Wars reporters went

Oops.

onions wrote:kids will think it's a goofy cartoon with weird looking monsters. but for adults if you look deep enough, and you don't have to make any huge stretches of imagination, there is a surprising amount of depth.

That's becoming more and more of a trend in cartoons, Adventure Time and Transformers Prime being my favorite examples.

Anyone else realize Raphael is voiced by Samwise Gamgee?
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby buriedbybricks » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:46 pm

Right away. What caught me off guard was that the voice of Donatello did Raphael in the old cartoon.
buriedbybricks

Postby onions » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:10 pm

Squirrelanoids. Thought it was just going to be a filler episode following their "find the canister" story arc, and it mostly was except that it paid homage to

Aliens

There may not have been

an airlock

but their solution was just as satisfying. And since

Aliens

is one of my favorite movies of all time, i enjoyed this episode way more than i thought I would.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:07 pm

Hehe, did anybody else catch the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 reference in "Follow the Leader"? XD Also, Mikey using "ninja" instead of the N-word, while a pretty old pun, was pretty funny.
The foot soldier androids were pretty awesome too! Finally some competent goons in this show!
Oky Wan Kenobi

Previous

Return to Licensed Themes