Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

The LEGO Movie Mega Thread

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

The LEGO Movie Mega Thread

Postby Staff » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:54 pm

I was a little ticked at Warner Brothers this week after the news they were pulling DC Comics out of NYC and relocating them to Burbank CA, presumably to be able to hang out on the set of The Price Is Right, but all is forgiven now. The film is due February 7th, 2014. Just in time for Valentines Day, in case you were trying to come up with the absolute perfect date.

Bask in the glory of this new trailer for The LEGO Movie and see that it is indeed full of win!

Thanks for the heads up ninnymuggins. Again.

Edit by Ace: Strange, I found this one which is about 30 seconds longer:

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/10/31/new-trai ... ego-movie/
Staff

Meet The LEGO Movie Characters

Postby Staff » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:57 pm

Meet Wyldstyle

LEGO posted on their YouTube channel a series a videos introducing some of the major characters starting a few days ago. Batman went up earlier today.. They are all pretty short, each about half a minute long. They all say that a new trailer will be released pointing to October 31st as the date. We'll be posting the trailer once it goes live and we find it.

Meet Batman

Meet Metal Beard

Meet Emmet

Meet President Business

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/10/30/meet-the-lego-movie-characters/
Staff

New Trailer For The LEGO Movie

Postby Staff » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:03 pm

I was a little ticked at Warner Brothers this week after the news they were pulling DC Comics out of NYC and relocating them to Burbank CA, presumably to be able to hang out on the set of The Price Is Right, but all is forgiven now. The film is due February 7th, 2014. Just in time for Valentines Day, in case you were trying to come up with the absolute perfect date.

Bask in the glory of this new trailer for The LEGO Movie and see that it is indeed full of win!

Thanks for the heads up ninnymuggins. Again.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/10/31/new-trailer-for-the-lego-movie/
Staff

Re: New Trailer For The LEGO Movie

Postby plebeianprint » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:45 pm

That was fun. I think that Wyldstyle is quickly becoming my favorite minifig. The other thing that I realized during this trailer is that I hate the term master builders; Hearing it spoken aloud cements that.

As to the moving of DC comics to California: I find it a bit troublesome, not in a logistical sense, but more in terms that it symbolizes the vapid, "go West young person" mentality, and forgets a lot of the New York heritage that is comics. Still, consolidating corporate offices makes sense, and I cannot deny that multimedia influences have been great for comics the past few years.
plebeianprint

Re: New Trailer For The LEGO Movie

Postby sparkart » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:17 pm

I was going to say, "You had me at Batman," but I'm more intrigued by Metal Beard.
sparkart

The LEGO Movie CMF Series 12 & Cloud Cuckoo Palace Set Revealed

Postby Staff » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:07 am

10607362686_dcbc285eb5_o

Hoth Bricks posted this image of the next CMF series which will be based on The LEGO Movie and I have to admit it looks like a lot of fun. They list the names as: Calamity Drone, Gail the Construction Worker, Abraham Lincoln, Larry the Barista, Panda Guy, Mrs. Scratchen-Post, William Shakespeare, Taco Tuesday Guy, “Where are my Pants?” Guy, Wiley Fusebot, President Business, Wild West Wyldstyle, Hard Hat Emmet, Scribbe-Face Bad Cop, Velma Staplebot and Marsha Queen of the Mermaids.

I personally can't wait for Lincoln, Shakespeare, Panda Guy, the Liquid Terminator and everyone else.

uni-kitty2

Also, Yahoo Movies unveiled the above set in an exclusive peek last night of the Cloud Cuckoo Palace set featuring a character called Uni-Kitty (voiced by the adorable Alison Brie) and a set so colourful it should rival the Friends sets on the shelves for eye burning rainbow appeal. They report the set should cost $20, so I can see multiples being picked up quickly... by me.

Thanks to chat troll murphquake for rattling the bars of his cage and waking me up.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/11/01/the-lego-movie-cmf-series-12-cloud-cuckoo-palace-set-revealed/
Staff

Re: The LEGO Movie Mega Thread

Postby hatcher » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:41 am

To shameless steal a quote from somewhere:
"Shut up and take my money!" Those look amazing! And here I thought I'd be skipping series 12. I am going to need another mortgage to pay for it all. And that Cloud Cuckoo Palace is hilarious. Can't wait to see all the sets for this movie.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby Solo » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:29 am

Taco Tuesday Guy
Instant favorite. Sad the spaceman isn't included in the blind bags but it's not like I won't be buying his set so no worries there.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

SURELY the "Bad Cop" fig will also be "Good Cop", with a reversible head. It would be beyond stupid if they couldn't manage that when, from what I've seen, the reversible head is a big part of the character concept...
Mister Ed

Postby thepatient » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:28 pm

two of those figs look like they would work well to do a scene from "They Live". Use the bad cop head with a biker guys( from another series), and you've got Roddy Piper. That movie was so bad it was awsome. I think the longest fight scene ever in film.

Yeah I hope I get a few of these.
<O> <O>
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Winston Churchill
thepatient

Postby sparkart » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:58 pm

Lord Vampyre's days are numbered when Abraham Lincoln is released.

These look great!
sparkart

Postby onions » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:44 pm

70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace is $19.99 and includes 197 pieces and three minifigures: Emmet, Wyldstyle, and Executron.

71004 LEGO Minifigures Series 12 is priced at $2.99 (duh).

Both sets are scheduled for january, so probably around xmas you can pick these up.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Harmonica » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:32 am

Had me at Shakespeare. Absolutely have to have him. And for some reason I really like the Barista guy.
Harmonica

Postby Ultron32 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:41 pm

Pictures of Lord Business's Evil Lair are around now too.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby crazybirdman » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:10 pm

does anyone know the story with the guy holding his pants?
crazybirdman

Postby Andi » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:46 am

the trailer was fun to watch. And the minifigs look awesome.
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby hatcher » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:34 am

crazybirdman wrote:does anyone know the story with the guy holding his pants?

Total guess here, but based on the Lord Business set, I think there is a tv show in the movie called "Where' are my pants?" I bet he's the host.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby dodge » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:19 am

Our LUG is planning a field trip the day the flick comes out! It looks pretty good, and those figs are pretty dandy too!
dodge

Postby DanBinks » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:32 pm

I love that, the Freeway sign in the trailer included "Heartlake City"! :D
DanBinks

More The LEGO Movie Set Images

Postby Staff » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:21 pm

70800 Escape Glider

LEGO.com has updated their site to include a new section for The LEGO Movie. The section has two subsections, Products and Videos. The video section has both trailers released so far for the movie. The other subsection, "Products", showcases some of the new Movie-based setss. Two new sets have already been revealed in addition to the previous sets we've already seen with the others partially hidden under a cloth. It's unclear how often the sets will be unveiled, daily or weekly, but if you can't wait that long, you can view some pictures that Brickipedia has unearthed.

Some of these images show what appears to be alternate models for some of the sets. For instance, the image for 70805 Garbage CA doesn't exactly match up with what you can see on the LEGO site. Also, I'm not entirely sure the set names are accurate. With only ten sets that we know about so far, a standard theme release by all accounts, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a second or third wave. Take a look below:

70800 Escape Glider

70800 Escape Glider

70801 Melting Room

70801_Melting_Room

70802 Pursuit

70802_Pursuit

70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace

70803_Cloud_Cuckoo_Palace

70804 Ice Cream

70804_Ice_Cream

70805 Garbage CA

70805_Garbage_CA