Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Pic of LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Xbox 360 Package

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Pic of LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Xbox 360 Package

Postby Staff » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:54 am

20131017_133610

FBTB reader Chris sent in the above picture. It shows the package for the Xbox 360 version of the LEGO Marvel Super Heroes game. What makes it interesting is that the Iron Patriot figure is now packaged inside the game instead of being handed to you with your preorder. AND you can just go to the store on Tuesday and just buy the game with the figure without having a pre-order in place. The most likely reasoning for this is that they either had too many Iron Patriots and not enough pre-orders, so stores got a small distribution of them. OR they were planning on being released at Walmart retail stores all along. In any case, if you haven't gotten your pre-order in, there's still time. Or you can trek on over to your local Walmart and pick one up there when it comes out on Tuesday.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/10/18/pic-of-lego-marvel-super-heroes-xbox-360-package/
Staff

Re: Pic of LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Xbox 360 Package

Postby Pellaeon » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:15 pm

I expect there is a sealed copy of the game (DVD case) inside that box. I guess we'll see soon enough.
Pellaeon

Postby ObiG » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:57 am

the fig being in the package was the same for lotr, and if i remember correctly, batman 2 too... :)
ObiG

Postby 4bricks » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:21 pm

O'Boy! I'd sure like Iron Patriot! I wonder if it would be worth it to pick it up at Walmart, and then drive down the street and sell it unopened to Gamestop.... :S

(well, just the game... not Iron Patriot.... )
4bricks

Postby GIR3691 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:59 pm

Definitely not worth selling it to Gamestop. You're better off getting the poly off Bricklink or eBay.

The game within is not shrinkwrapped, but it's still got sealing tape along the edges like all games do. So it's kinda sealed.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby dWhisper » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:26 pm

Most resellers won't even take sealed game. I know around here that Gamestop won't buy a game that's sealed, period, and the other places that buy them make the customer open the package before accepting the sell. They can't sell them as new, regardless of the packaging.

I did get this (and opened it and played it last night), and it taught me two things:
1) I love the Iron Patriot Minifig
2) I am absolutely gawd awful of LEGO video games. My daughter needs to get older so she can play through some of these puzzles for me
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby 4bricks » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:18 pm

Well, I splurged at the local Walmart Tuesday and picked up the game. Following your advice, the copy of the game was sold off on ebay, and Iron Patriot is now ready to join the ranks of the Avengers.
4bricks

Postby bacon1986 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:30 am

That's a bummer about the figure inside the case. For LOTR I was able to just stop by a gamestop a few days after release and they gave me an extra Elrond for free.
Want to know how much your LEGO investment is worth?
Visit BrickPicker.com: LEGO Price and Investing Guide
bacon1986

Return to Licensed Themes