Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Upcoming LEGO Event and Polybag Deals at TRU

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Upcoming LEGO Event and Polybag Deals at TRU

Postby Staff » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:00 pm

Screen Shot 2013-10-04 at 4.49.05 PM

There is another Create and Take building event at your local Toys'R'Us stores on Saturday October 19th. The ad says "local" so I assume it's at most if not all TRU stores and not the select ones in IL and TX for the other Create and Take events in the past. The model this time is a DC Super Heroes Joker Mini Mech Bot. Not very exciting looking and by the looks of it, the purple plate that's protruding from its waist looks like the Joker minifig is supposed to go there, but since it's not pictured perhaps you'll have to supply your own fig. But hey, that's not such a bad thing because on the same day, if you buy at least $20 worth of LEGO Batman products, you'll get a free 30166 Robin and Redbird Cycle, polybag set. This was previously only available at Toys'R'Us Canada stores with a similar promotion.

DC not your thing? Spend $20 on LEGO Marvel Super Heroes products and get an Iron Man polybag set for free! This is the same set that was previously only available as a promotion through LEGO Shop@Home and LEGO Brand Retail stores.

The markup over MSRP that Toys'R'Us charges, affectionately known as the TRU Tax, is insane. Miraculously enough, they currently have two sets on sale for below MSRP but no telling if that price will hold come October 19th. We'll post an update the night before or the day of the event with suggestion on set you can buy so you're not feeling completely ripped off trying to get the Redbird Cycle set.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/10/04/upcoming-lego-event-and-polybag-deals-at-tru/
Staff

Re: Upcoming LEGO Event and Polybag Deals at TRU

Postby jfears2 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:30 am

The markup may be high but they do price match paper ads and online. I haven't tried it myself yet but you can supposedly go in and pull up a competing offer on your smart phone and they will price match the item plus the competing vendors shipping. They will also match amazon, but just amazon, not amazon vendors.

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?c ... d=11949070

So since Wal-Mart usually has lower Lego prices online, sometimes as much as $10 and occasionaly more, and only charges 97 cent shipping, you could get a good deal and not have to wait for delivery. Of course as I said, haven't tried it yet so don't know how much of a hassle it might be.
jfears2

Postby ufjason » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:11 am

jfears2 wrote:The markup may be high but they do price match paper ads and online. I haven't tried it myself yet but you can supposedly go in and pull up a competing offer on your smart phone and they will price match the item plus the competing vendors shipping. They will also match amazon, but just amazon, not amazon vendors.

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?c ... d=11949070

So since Wal-Mart usually has lower Lego prices online, sometimes as much as $10 and occasionaly more, and only charges 97 cent shipping, you could get a good deal and not have to wait for delivery. Of course as I said, haven't tried it yet so don't know how much of a hassle it might be.

I've been doing this since they started price matching again. They don't allow double dipping with a competitor price match and bogo promos but you can still get freebies. I've had limited success double dipping while matching their own website however.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby onions » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:33 am

huh, interesting. i knew target will price match against their own site and amazon. i had no idea tru will do the same. I'll have to try it next time i'm in the store. i'm thinking the best deal would be to have them price match shop@home on their exclusive sets like the funhouse escape.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby twentythree » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:49 pm

I got the polybags today (Friday) at my local TRU. They were hanging on the pegs marked as $4.99 each. Picked up multiples of the Redbird bike and an extra Iron Man (already had one from the LEGO promo a couple months ago).
"I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
"What I told you was true...from a certain point of view" - Obi Wan Kenobi
"A lion, a witch, and a wardrobe walk into a bar...stop me if you've heard this one" - me
twentythree

Postby Ultron32 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:58 am

I plan to buy some Robins to get a free one. Lessee, $4.99 each you say? So now I just need to think of something that costs 4 cents...
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby wegj » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:47 am

I tried ad match using the lego website last year and was denied, has anything changed?
WEGJ –keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models and Minifigs
wegj

Postby ufjason » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:08 pm

Picked up the dynamic do set with a PM to the Lego site for 39.99 and got a robin free without issue.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby onions » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:35 pm

my local stores were completely drained of redbird cycles. /sadface. if anyone's willing to let some go for msrp, hit me up
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby SHL27 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:43 am

My local TRU didn't have them. Instead, if you bought $20+ of Batman sets you got the exclusing Jeoffery the Giraffe poly. They had the Iron Man set/promotion, but no Robin.
SHL27

Postby 4bricks » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:55 pm

Picked up a leftover redbird at Toyrsus in Fayetteville, AR on Sun Oct 20 for $4.99 + tax.

Good news for me, I had been wanting a Tim Drake Red Robin.

Possible good news for you- they said they had two others left as of 11am Sun Oct 20. Might be worth a call if you are in the area.
4bricks

Return to Finds/Deals