Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

New Pixar TV Special Toy Story of Terror on ABC 10/16

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

New Pixar TV Special Toy Story of Terror on ABC 10/16

Postby Staff » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:54 am

There is a new Toy Story special debuting next week at 8pm (7pm Central) Wednesday October 16, on ABC. From director Angus MacLane, Toy Story of Terror is Pixar's first television production. The synopsis may seem a tad familiar if you're at all a fan of horror movies, but count on Pixar to add their sense of humor to the mix. It's a shame it's only slotted for 30 minutes, which means about 22 minutes of actual screen time.

What starts out as a fun road trip for the Toy Story gang takes an unexpected turn for the worse when the trip detours to a roadside motel. After one of the toys goes missing, the others find themselves caught up in a mysterious sequence of events that must be solved before they all suffer the same fate in this Toy Story OF TERROR!

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/10/08/new-pixar-tv-special-toy-story-of-terror-on-abc-1016/
Staff

Re: New Pixar TV Special Toy Story of Terror on ABC 10/16

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:35 pm

I'm very excited for this! A Toy Story special that spoofs horror films and is directed by the creator of CubeDudes? What's not love! :D
However, saying that this is Pixar's first television production isn't entirely correct. It's their first TV special, yes, but they previously did the Cars Toons shorts for TV and the intros for the Buzz Lightyear of Star Command series.
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby banthafodder » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:16 pm

Congratulations to MacLane. First cube dudes and now this. Is this his directorial debut for Pixar? I should enjoy this one.
banthafodder

Postby onions » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:38 pm

banthafodder wrote:Congratulations to MacLane. First cube dudes and now this. Is this his directorial debut for Pixar? I should enjoy this one.

i believe he did the toy support group as well.

Oky Wan Kenobi wrote:I'm very excited for this! A Toy Story special that spoofs horror films and is directed by the creator of CubeDudes? What's not love! :D
However, saying that this is Pixar's first television production isn't entirely correct. It's their first TV special, yes, but they previously did the Cars Toons shorts for TV and the intros for the Buzz Lightyear of Star Command series.

this is true. i had no idea they did the buzz lightyear intro... mostly because i never watched the cartoon.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby sparkart » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:08 pm

I have the sudden urge to fit a chainsaw to the hand of a LEGO Buzz Lightyear minifig and "dress" a Woody figure in brown and tan police/ranger fatigues to create an Evil Dead/Walking Dead Toy Story Team-up. Happy Halloween.
sparkart

Postby MacLane » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:27 pm

Thanks a lot, fellas. I look forward to finally sharing this special with the community and the rest if the viewing public.
MacLane
Oh Chibi, You're So Fine You're So Fine You Blow My Mind, Hey Chibi! Hey Chibi!

Postby onions » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:24 pm

the one thing i'll be looking for is the pizza planet truck. [fake menacing tone]i hope you didn't forget to put that in, MacLane, I'll be watching.... [/fake menacing tone]
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:59 pm

banthafodder wrote:Congratulations to MacLane. First cube dudes and now this. Is this his directorial debut for Pixar?

Like Ace said, he also directed the short film Small Fry, as well as BURN-E.

onions wrote:this is true. i had no idea they did the buzz lightyear intro... mostly because i never watched the cartoon.

You should check it out sometime if you can. It was a pretty good show, but unfortunately they only released the pilot on DVD. :(

sparkart wrote:I have the sudden urge to fit a chainsaw to the hand of a LEGO Buzz Lightyear minifig and "dress" a Woody figure in brown and tan police/ranger fatigues to create an Evil Dead/Walking Dead Toy Story Team-up. Happy Halloween.

Sounds awesome! Do it, do it, do it! :D

MacLane wrote:Thanks a lot, fellas. I look forward to finally sharing this special with the community and the rest if the viewing public.

Thanks, can't wait to see it! We're very lucky to have you as part of our community! :) And yes, I'll be looking for the PP truck too.

We'll be watching, MacLane...

Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby GrayMattR » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:28 pm

I was excited for this. They got the original voice actors, not impersonators. It was going to be fantastic! False advertising... Three minutes of phoney suspense and then an all too familiar plot. No satire or spoofs. The only laughs my family had was when the Pez dispenser puked and Combat Carl told Jessie she's not Combat Carl. Sorry for the review Angus, it's not your fault.
GrayMattR

Postby onions » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:31 pm

it kinda is since he wrote and directed it :facepalm:

phoney suspense? i'm puzzled by that one. were you expecting a true horror story where they get dismembered to death?

familiar plot? i suppose you may have a point there but they're toys, what kind of shenanigans do toys have to be worried about?

wife, daughter and i enjoyed it a lot. felt so fast paced though, an hour special would have been perfect to build the suspense a bit more, slow down the pace a bit. now i know why some reviewers would watch it twice in a row. you almost need to in order to absorb it all. it was great that they were able to get the original voice actors. maybe the director's cut dvd will be a full hour :lol:

here's hoping there's more holiday specials in the works.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Ultron32 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:41 pm

GrayMattR wrote:I was excited for this. They got the original voice actors, not impersonators. It was going to be fantastic! False advertising... Three minutes of phoney suspense and then an all too familiar plot. No satire or spoofs. The only laughs my family had was when the Pez dispenser puked and Combat Carl told Jessie she's not Combat Carl. Sorry for the review Angus, it's not your fault.

Well the plot is kinda supposed to seem familiar. Isn't that the whole point of Prickle-Pants telling them what's gonna happen?
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Return to Licensed Themes