Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tomorrow On ABC

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tomorrow On ABC

Postby Staff » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:13 pm

PROP

If you're excited about Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. then rejoice because the wait ends tomorrow with the series premier on ABC. Marvel and ABC are certainly excited because an email I received called it "The Biggest Event On Television!". Take that series finale of M*A*S*H, moon landing and every Super Bowl ever! I can't wait to see the resurrection of Agent Phil Coulson and how they plan to make this show exist in the MCU "without it being a super hero of the week show".

Check your local listings for times and feel free to comment here on what you thought about the first episode afterward, but don't expect me to read it until I've had a chance to watch it after work.

shield001

I've got my fingers crossed that Cobie Smulders will join the cast full time if the show gets a second season, now that HIMYM is in its last. What would you like to see in the show, knowing that they don't want to fill it up with popular characters or superheroes? Hydra shenanigans? Amadeus Cho? The Baxter building? I know that there's talk of a show focusing on Agent Carter and the origins of S.H.I.E.L.D., but I'd still love to see Dum Dum Dugan still kicking around (in direct opposition to the deleted scenes from The Avengers) compliments of the Infinity Formula. It could make a future Nick Fury film and this series quite interesting indeed.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/09/23/marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-premieres-tomorrow-on-abc/
Staff

Re: Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tomorrow On AB

Postby RfAurora » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:26 pm

I'm just upset that I'm being forced to chose between watching this and the season premiere of NCIS.
RfAurora

Postby ObiG » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:53 am

have to wait until friday to watch it in the UK... i have to avoid spoilers or find it "online"...
ObiG

Postby onions » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:09 am

RfAurora wrote:I'm just upset that I'm being forced to chose between watching this and the season premiere of NCIS.

dvr?
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby CloneEmperor » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:48 am

NCIS is old and busted, Agents of Shield is the new hotness.
CloneEmperor

Postby Ultron32 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:28 pm

32 minutes to go :D
But I must ask why you post on this and not Arrow? Arrow is awesome.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby sparkart » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:49 pm

I'm looking forward to tonight. I'm expecting a jazzy, light-hearted X-Files knock-off. I think it'll be entertaining, hopefully, not pandering or too patronizing with a too witty self-awareness that it's just comic-book inspired stories.
sparkart

Postby onions » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:13 am

welp, i liked it.

we need a lola set.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:49 am

I liked it, too. It's funny, I frequent a number of message boards, and most of them had a thread about this show. On almost all of them, the response was almost uniformly positive. The exception? The comics-based message board.

Though the odd thing about that is it wasn't disliked for the reasons I might have expected from (stereo)typical comics fans. Nobody cared whether it was faithful to the comics (I haven't the slightest idea, not being a Marvel Comics reader). Nobody was griping because the casting wasn't who THEY would have chosen for THAT character (though that's probably due to most of the characters being original to this series, and the others already established in the movies). It seemed that the problem lay mostly in expectations they had built up about what kind of series they wanted it to be, expectations that were not, in many cases, met. I'd guess that the more you think about a series before it airs, the more likely it is to not be what you hoped it would be.

I just wanted a series that was kind of light and fun, and that I could watch with my almost-teen son, who enjoyed the Avengers movie. And that's what I feel I got, so....yay!
Mister Ed

Postby onions » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:10 pm

yeah i can understand. it certainly felt a little light on the super heroes, since there really was only one, who didn't do much of anything. it was more of a lay-the-groundwork episode than investigate-the-freaky-stuff type.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Ultron32 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:44 pm

We need a Lola set and a set of the "Nice bus".
Ultron32

Postby RfAurora » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:33 am

I liked the premiere episode too. I hope we get an episode that tells of what brought Coulson back though.
RfAurora

Postby sparkart » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:24 pm

Didn't they already give away that Coulson's not really "back"? That the Agent Coulson walking around now, "doesn't even know" about his origins? Life Model Decoy has already been mentioned (by Stark himself in The Avengers) so it's seems obvious that that is what Coulson is, an LMD. Maybe an LMD with a human brain.
sparkart

Postby Solo » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:59 pm

I thought he pretty clearly said in the episode that he did actually die for a short span (in that his heart stopped) but was revived.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby DanBinks » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:31 pm

Yes, Coulson says that his heart stopped for 8 seconds and he spent time in Tahiti recovering. When he leaves the room the Dr. says "Tahiti? He really doesn't know?" and Maria Hill says something like "He should never know." So their is still some mystery surrounding Coulson's return. Which I'm sure will slowly be revealed as the season progresses. :)
DanBinks

Postby Ultron32 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:28 pm

PHIL COULSON IS THE VISION
That is all I have to say on this topic. Looking forward to the new episode.
Ultron32

Postby RfAurora » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:09 am

As Coulson said: "Tahiti was...magical." it almost seems like he was brought back by Dr. Strange or one of the other spellcasters. Of course, he could be a clone with the original Coulson's brain in the body, or a memory engram transplant.
RfAurora

Postby Ultron32 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:18 am

RfAurora wrote:As Coulson said: "Tahiti was...magical." it almost seems like he was brought back by Dr. Strange or one of the other spellcasters. Of course, he could be a clone with the original Coulson's brain in the body, or a memory engram transplant.

"It's a magical place" was his line. That's possible, but I don't think so...
I still think he's the Vision.

And also, for the record, that after-credits scene was great.
Ultron32

Postby Solo » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:21 am

Oh right. I missed the significance of that followup exchange because I was wondering what Shepard Book was doing there.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Next

Return to Licensed Themes