Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Sherlock Achieves 10,000 Votes On CUUSOO While We Wait For Series 3

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Sherlock Achieves 10,000 Votes On CUUSOO While We Wait For Series 3

Postby Staff » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:44 pm

You can zip through the first two series of the hit BBC show Sherlock in an evening or two and then join the rest of us in waiting for the long promised third series of the modern take on the Sir Arthur Conan Doyle classic character. It has built up quite a fan base and has added to the popularity of the already geek appreciated Martin Freeman while helping Sherlock himself, Benedict Cumberbatch on his way to being a misspoken household name.

The project was another quick climber and hadn't even been up for two months when it achieved full support. Personally, I don't see this being an appealing concept for LEGO to produce and I'm a fan of the show. Either way, congratulations for living the CUUSOO dream Flailx!
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/09/23/sherlock-achieves-10000-votes-on-cuusoo-while-we-wait-for-series-3/
Staff

Re: Sherlock Achieves 10,000 Votes On CUUSOO While We Wait F

Postby plebeianprint » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:32 pm

Well I'm back to railing on people' abuse of the CUUSOO concept. This is pure insanity. It's not that I don't like the show, as I'm a huge fan of all things Sherlock, this iteration especially, but it has absolutely no place in an official Lego capacity for incredibly obvious reasons.

It seems like a strong reaction, I know, but I fear that the continual submission of licensed material to CUUSOO might eventually end the program.
plebeianprint

Postby Marty » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:08 am

Sorry to rain on your parade, but without license themes, Lego would still be in the dark ages when it almost went broke, it's just a pity the Lego company didn't see the light back when SW, Ghostbusters and other TV shows / Movies where around as I'm sure we would have seen a lot more themes instead of what we see today?

As for Sherlock figures, that is some fine design work, and yes I can see these figures being very popular!
Okay, I don't know if the sets would, but the figures most certainly, where's Mrs Hudson?
Marty

Postby Solo » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:14 am

Pretty sure he was commenting on the content of the show rather than it being another licensed idea.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby CaptainFordo » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:46 am

I have to agree that this is a poor choice for a theme or even a one off set. Simpsons, Back to he Future, Ghostbusters, Zelda, they all have plenty of potential set possibilities, but Sherlock? You've got 221B which is a standard flat and then what else? St. Barts from the end of series 2? I doubt that would be an appealing set for Lego...

Love the show, but the minifigs and sets won't be interesting enough for me to bother getting any.
CaptainFordo

Postby GrayMattR » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:37 pm

You could do a set that's a big Rube Goldberg machine... I like the figs but agree that sets would be problematic.
GrayMattR

Return to Licensed Themes