Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Game Updates

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Game Updates

Postby Staff » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:04 am

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes DLC

We have two updates to bring you regarding LEGO Marvel Super Heroes. The first update isn't quite "new" since it was announced sometime ago, but the first DLC pack has been revealed. BrickHereos has uncovered an image showing you three of the DLC characters: Hawkeye Classic, Symbiote Suit Spider-man, and I have no idea who the gun wielder is. Maybe Ken knows. See the image above for what you'll be getting. A cursory search shows that the DLC pack is available from EBGames Australia so far as a pre-order bonus along with Iron Patriot. Lucky Australians!

The second piece of news comes via IGN. It's a preview article of the game that gives details on how you can unlock the Stan Lee character:

Stan Lee’s groupies, for example, won’t be able to unlock the comic book icon by simply sticking to the critical path. As Parsons explains, recruiting Spidey’s co-creator into your roster is one of the title’s most involved tasks. “We have 50 Stan Lee’s in various perilous situations. In one of them he drinks this toxic soda and transforms into Stan Hulk, and you end up having to beat him up; when you beat him up, he transforms back to Stan and he’s like ‘Excelsior, thank you!’, and off he runs. Once you’ve rescued all 50, you then get to unlock Stan as a playable character.”

Sure it sounds easy, but I'm guessing the other 49 missions vary in degrees of difficulty and may require replaying the game to use unlocked characters.

There are some other details on some of the story elements and how the characters' traits influenced some of the gameplay.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes releases next month on all major consoles. A few pre-order options are up on the right column there under Iron Patriot.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/09/19/lego-marvel-super-heroes-game-updates/
Staff

Re: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Game Updates

Postby richl » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:21 am

The figure on the left looks an awful lot like the Winter Soldier -

I expect we'll be seeing him in the upcoming 2014 Avengers Marvel sets, what with him being a big part of Captain America: The Winter Soldier next year.

No spoilers from me on exactly *who* he is though... :D
Edit: well, unless you actually look at the pic I posted...d'oh
richl

Postby The_Chosen_1 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:15 am

Yeah, I'm guessing that the minifigure in question is definitely the Winter Soldier. I wonder where these characters will be available in the U.S.?
The_Chosen_1

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:33 am

I see that this DLC announcement reveals that the game has races. Not surprising, I guess, but one of my least favorite parts of the LEGO games that have included them in the past. It looks like multiple races for each vehicle, too. Ugh.

Still that doesn't dim my excitement for this game. It just will likely dim my enthusiasm about trying to 100% it.
Mister Ed

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:09 am

Odd that the list of what is in the DLC pack includes Hawkeye and Symbiote Spidey, but makes no mention of Winter Soldier. The guy on the left of the picture doesn't seem like he could possibly be any of the other included characters in the list, yet it would be bizarre if they pictured him, yet didn't include him in the DLC pack.
Mister Ed

Postby crazybirdman » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:16 pm

Is all that that work going to be worth it to get Stan Lee? What does he do in the game that's so great?
crazybirdman

Postby onions » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:02 pm

crazybirdman wrote:Is all that that work going to be worth it to get Stan Lee? What does he do in the game that's so great?

turns into hulk
shoots web and can swing like spiderman
heat vision
elasticity like mr. fantastic

and probably more we haven't seen yet.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby bricks_n_more » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:47 pm

Since LEGO City Undercover was one of the best LEGO videogames to date, I have high hopes for this game.

As for the character on the left, I agree with everyone else. It's gotta be Bucky Barnes AKA the Winter Soldier!

Also, as for Stan Lee, I it will be worth completing all of those tasks to get him especially if you are someone who has to collect all the characters in these games. If past LEGO games are any indication it won't be like like you can just grind in one night and rescue all of the Stans. You won't be able to access at least a few of the Stans until you get certain characters with certain abilities. I'm sure there will also be Stans on each of the levels that you have to rescue as well. Do you will have to actually play through the game in order to rescue the Stans.

Oh, the races are one of my least favorite aspects of LEGO games too. The car controls suck.
bricks_n_more

Postby Ultron32 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:36 am

Bucky turns to A-bomb :)
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby onions » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:10 am

since when did spider man start posing like iron man?
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby gomek » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:07 pm

I haven't tried it, but apparently on the wii you can back up your game's progress, and then through the same process you can also download and save other peoples' 100% complete games onto your system. This is great for those like me whose patience wears thin at around the 70% mark.

Not sure what other systems have a feature like this, but to me, it will be a big plus when I finally get around to trying it.

-cg
gomek

Postby CaptainFordo » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:51 am

They really do need to add the hyphen into A-Bomb. I was really confused the first time I saw it =P
CaptainFordo

Postby Mister Ed » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:20 am

So does this come with Winter Soldier or not? The picture suggests it does, but the list doesn't include him, or any "and more..." qualifier that suggests that it has anything other than what is spelled out on the list.

Not that it matters to me, I suppose. I'll be getting this on PC, which, if it is like LEGO Batman 2, means there is no possible way for me to get any DLC characters. Fortunately, being less well-versed in Marvel comics, I'm less likely to actually be bummed by not being able to get specific characters (I was irked that there was no way for me to get the bunch of cool DC characters that were only available as DLC for LEGO Batman 2), but more characters is almost always more fun than less characters, I guess.
Mister Ed

Postby CaptainFordo » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:53 pm

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game ... ievements/

Achievement list gives all the level titles and hints at their content.

Loving the "Don't I know you?" achievement, and many of the others.
CaptainFordo

Return to Licensed Themes