Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

The Yoda Chronicles Parts 1 and 2 Will Get DVD Release

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

The Yoda Chronicles Parts 1 and 2 Will Get DVD Release

Postby Staff » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:13 am

LEGO Star Wars The Yoda Chronices

StarWars.com announced yesterday that parts one, The Phantom Clone, and two, Menace of the Sith, of the three-part Yoda Chronicles will be arriving on DVD exclusively at Walmart on October 15th. Based on the packaging photo, there doesn't look to be an exclusive pack in minifigure but things could change between now and release day. Also, if they were to pack in an exclusive minifigure, they would probably do it after the third episode airs so they can package the trilogy into one set. There is no air date confirmed yet for part three, but it is scheduled to air before the end of the year.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/09/12/the-yoda-chronicles-parts-1-and-2-will-get-dvd-release/
Staff

Re: The Yoda Chronicles Parts 1 and 2 Will Get DVD Release

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:52 am

Glad you clarified that this doesn't collect the entire Yoda Chronicles. I didn't know that, and likely would have fallen into the trap of buying this release thinking it was the full story.

I'll wait until all three parts are out, then decide if it is worth it. If they release the last part on its own similarly priced DVD, then I'll probably say no. If they collect all three on a reasonably priced DVD, I'll almost certainly get it.
Mister Ed

Postby The_Chosen_1 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:08 pm

The trilogy set NEEDS to be released on Blu-ray. It's extremely disappointing to see them abandon that format after The Padawan Menace.
The_Chosen_1

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:12 am

As long as they don't ONLY release it on Blu-ray. The majority of consumers still do not have Blu-ray players, and that isn't likely to change any time real soon.
Mister Ed

Postby winbrant » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:46 am

Mister Ed wrote:I'll wait until all three parts are out, then decide if it is worth it. If they release the last part on its own similarly priced DVD, then I'll probably say no. If they collect all three on a reasonably priced DVD, I'll almost certainly get it.

Or...they'll release the third one on it's own with an Exclusive minifig... :facepalm:
winbrant

Return to Star Wars