Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Metro News Confirms 150 Characters for LEGO Marvel Game

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Metro News Confirms 150 Characters for LEGO Marvel Game

Postby Staff » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:04 am

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Spider-Man

As if having over 100 characters wasn't enough, it was revealed yesterday in a Metro News article that the LEGO Marvel Super Heroes game will now sport about 150 characters. Unfortunately it is unknown if any of DLC characters make up part of that 150 number or if it is in addition to that. They also have a brief interview with game director Arthur Parsons where he describes some of the game mechanics of fighting between the normal minifigures and the big figs such as Hulk and Juggernaut. Here is a brief list of confirmed characters so far:

Abomination, Acolytes, Archangel, Arnim Zola, Beast, Black Widow, Blob, Captain America, Captain Britain, Colossus, Cyclops, Daredevil, Deadpool, Destroyer, Doctor Doom, Doctor Octopus, Doctor Strange, Elektra, Extremis Soldier, Frost Giant, Galactus, Gambit, Ghost Rider, Green Goblin, Ultimate Green Goblin, Hawkeye, Classic Hawkeye, Heimdall, H.E.R.B.I.E., Howard the Duck, The Hulk, Bruce Banner, Human Torch, HYDRA Agent, Iceman, Invisible Woman, Iron Man Mark I Armour, Iron Man Mark VI Armour, Iron Man Hulkbuster Armour, Tony Stark, J. Jonah Jameson, Jean Grey, Phoenix, Juggernaut, Kingpin, Leader, Lizard, Curt Connors, Loki, Magneto, Malekith the Accursed, Maria Hill, Mr Fantastic, Ms Marvel, Mysterio, Mystique, Nick Fury, Phil Coulson, Professor Xavier, The Punisher, Red Hulk, General Thunderbolt Ross, Rhino, Rocket Raccoon, Roxxon Guard, Sabretooth, Sandman, Sentinel, Silver Surfer, Silver Samurai, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Squirrel Girl, Stan Lee, Storm, Super-Skrull, The Thing, Thor, Venom, Viper, Vulture, War Machine, and Wolverine

The game is scheduled to come out October 22. Pre-order your copy from Walmart (or other vendors if you're not in the US) to get Iron Patriot. Handy links on the right over there.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/09/12/metro-news-confirms-150-characters-for-lego-marvel-game/
Staff

Re: Metro News Confirms 150 Characters for LEGO Marvel Game

Postby gomek » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:34 am

Because they decided not to do a wii version (I don't have a wii u) I'm watching from the sidelines, but I am getting more jealous the more I hear. (Just not $350 jealous, or however much a new system would cost me).

My first thought when I see that list is that the minifigure customizers are going to have a field day. This list contains at least 5 or 10 must haves for me and I'm going to find it very hard to resist when figures like Doctor Strange start popping up on ebay (well, professional grade ones at least).

Oh, Lego. Everyday I wish they would hire someone from TT games to join their product development staff. Or really just anyone interested in selling me actual toys of superheroes beyond the 20 I already have.
gomek

Postby crazybirdman » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:20 am

are alternate costumes considered another character?
crazybirdman

Postby GreenLuke7 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:28 pm

Why there no ant man
GreenLuke7

Postby CaptainFordo » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:25 am

There is a character silhouette for Ant Man so I think he'll be in it :)
I am unreasonably excited for this game.
CaptainFordo

Postby Iesous » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:11 pm

So, there's been a lot of talk about characters, and rightly so; the point of video games is to escape into other personas. However, I'm also highly interested in the unique Marvel locales we'll get to explore: Asgard, Stark Tower, Baxter building, X-mansion, Oscorp, Asteroid M, the Helicarrier, the Raft. I wonder what other locations they've included that we haven't seen. It would be cool to see places like Wakanda, Atlantis, Utopia, etc.
Iesous

Postby MotionOTheOcean » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:33 am

Does anyone know why this game is now $100 to preorder at Walmart?
MotionOTheOcean

Postby buriedbybricks » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:04 am

I think they are having issues with their website. A Skylander I was looking at was showing as $100 as well.

There aren't that expensive... yet.
buriedbybricks

Return to Licensed Themes