Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

71002 LEGO Minifigures Series 11 Now Available

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

71002 LEGO Minifigures Series 11 Now Available

Postby Staff » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:32 am

Forgot to include this post along with the others, but if you're not sick and tired yet of LEGO's Collectible Minifigure line, Series 11 is now available. They have thankfully upped the purchase limit from 16 to 32, so you're chances of getting 6 of one minifigure is even greater. Price is $2.99 a pop.

Oh, and if you were having troubles getting the Clone Trooper Lieutenant to automagically add to your cart when at least $50 of LEGO Star Wars product was added, that has been fixed now.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/09/01/71002-lego-minifigures-series-11-now-available/
Staff

Re: 71002 LEGO Minifigures Series 11 Now Available

Postby unmovedmover » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:49 am

I think this is the most interesting minifig line in awhile. I want most of these, whereas the last several sets have had 2-3 I cared enough to get.
unmovedmover

Postby sparkart » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:00 am

I think it's quite "clever girl" of LEGO to make figures that have a kind of pop-art appeal, but without the pop-art licensing. I mean, the
Gingerbread Man...Shrek,
Sax Player...Blues Brothers,
Yeti and Elf...Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer...
and if the Pretzel Girl is the St. Pauly Girl, for sure, the Most Interesting Man in the World's gotta me coming in some form.

You know, if LEGO would just make a Bug Exterminator mini-fig in a tan jumpsuit with a name patch, we could all make our Ghostbusters sets more easily, just by adding a backpack and a wand.
sparkart

Postby plebeianprint » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:08 pm

Does anyone know if series 11 comes with codes for their new Lego minifigure MMO yet? Will we have to wait for series 12-13 for those?
plebeianprint

Postby Solo » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:27 pm

I need me that Yeti and Welder.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Trooper10 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:25 pm

plebeianprint wrote:Does anyone know if series 11 comes with codes for their new Lego minifigure MMO yet? Will we have to wait for series 12-13 for those?

I picked up two at a Walmart and there doesn't appear to be anything re the MMO anywhere that I can see.
Solo wrote:I need me that Yeti and Welder.

Those just happen to be the 2 I picked at random
Trooper10

Postby Raistlin » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:46 am

Found these at my local Target. When a new series first comes out, I usually just pick a bunch of random packs. I was able to get:

Evil Mech
Lady Robot
Yeti
Welder
Mountain Climber
Grandma
Constable

Yeti was my most wanted out of the series and I'm glad I got him. I'm only interested in 4 others: Tiki, Elf, Gingerbread and Scarecrow and will take my time feeling out the packs for them.

EDIT: Just got Gingerbread and Elf. 2 more and I'm done with this series :cool:
Raistlin

Postby gomek » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:56 pm

Maybe the batch I was looking at was picked over, but but the ratios of the figures seemed really, really unbalanced.

That being said, really awesome set.

Oh, and Mr. Gold still can still $&/;@$ my $@!?/($?@.
gomek

Postby Darth Caedus » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:09 am

You're not wrong. Distribution on this series is ****ed. My cohort and I raided the Natick MA Lego Store on Monday and searched every single package. We found only *three* Tiki warriors. Total haul came to:

Tiki - 2 (gave 1 to our employee buddy at the store since he's a cool cucumber)
Blues Brother - 1 for my musical brother
Barmaid - 2 good medieval outfit
Barbarian - 7 buying them for the cheap gladius x2
Welder - 3 because Bioshock 1 MOC also he's awesome
Constable - 4 because I failed to get enough British Queensguard when they were out
Gingerboy - 1 cuz he's weird
Yeti - 3 cuz they're ...cool :P
Female Scientist - 1 because **** Lego Friends #feminism #anitasarkeesian
Evil Robot - 1 because the armor
Scarekrow - 1 cuz he looks very boss

Overall, excellent series. One of the best. Definitely wins the prize out of all 11 series for:

Most Original Minifig: Gingerboy (that head)
Most Original Armybuilder: Tiki Man (epic mask of epic)
Best Blue Collar Character: Welder (dat blowtorch, dat helmet)
Swaggest Musician: Blues Brother
Most Adorable Monster: The Yeti (an excellent character design. It appeals to both genders as well, which is always a good thing)
Best Medieval Parts Pack: Barbarian (fur short pants/boots combo, light-armored torso with excellent arm detailing, scarred fighter face, generic tousled peasant hair in black, and the coup de grace, not one but *two* silver gladii)
Best Agricultural Minifigure (ever?): The Scarecrow. So many little details. Superbly done.
Darth Caedus

Postby Raistlin » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:14 pm

Just picked up the Tiki Warrior, took about 10 minutes of feeling because I had no idea the plastic head piece was SOFT plastic and not hard plastic. Also, there's a bone piece in there that goes with his hair. The only way I knew it was him was because of the spear.

Also picked up the Barbarian cause he's wayyyy cool :cool: All I need is that scarecrow.. went through about 20 or so packs and still couldn't find him. I guess the easiest way to find him is his pitchfork and bird? Is the bird hard or soft plastic? Thanks :)
Raistlin

Postby gomek » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:38 pm

Yeah, I really wish Lego would even out the ratio, or at least make more of the figure that are in greater demand. I was one of the idiots hanging out at the Lego store feeling these things. A t least a couple people looked only interested in the rarer figures for resale purposes, and that sort of thing really bothers me. Not to mention it takes me way longer to get a full set, because the figures that were rare to begin with are now even harder to find.

The tiki warrior through me as well, mostly because I didn't realize he had the hair piece and bone. After feeling the package for a minute I just said #@$@#4 it and opened it.

Overall though I think the nice thing is that this series has at least 3 or 4 figures most people have had on their want list for a while. I'm still waiting for an Egyptian Cat goddess to go with my Anubis figure, but I have a feeling I'll be waiting a while for that one.

Best accessory defiantly goes to the Yeti's ice pop. Brilliant.
gomek

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:32 am

I know the box I went through had been picked over already, but I was rather surprised that the first FOUR packages I felt were all Yeti. And I found another two later on. That's a lot of Yeti. I only bought one, though.
Mister Ed

Postby Gobi-1 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:28 pm

Picked up all of Series 11 today at my local Target. I thought I had made a clean sweep 16 for 16 but on the last bag I opened I had a duplicate Welder instead of the British Bobby cop. Not sure how they happened. Thankfully I had stashed aside an extra Bobby in case I wanted two so I was able to go back and grab it and complete my set.

Really good series.
Gobi-1

Return to Finds/Deals