Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Planet Series 4 Will NOT Be Released in the U.S.

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Planet Series 4 Will NOT Be Released in the U.S.

Postby Staff » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:21 am

I just received some bad news today: LEGO Star Wars Planets Series 4 will NOT be seeing a U.S. release.

The second wave of 2013 LSW planets are no longer launching in the US. They will be available in other global countries, however. As you know, some markets carry slightly different collections depending on their market dynamics, so the strategic decision was made not to launch them in the US.

I thought Canada would be out of luck too since the US and Canada are typically considered part of the same "North America" market but the email indicated that the product already launched there. I wouldn't hold my breath though as doing a quick search online at some of the major etailers didn't yield any results.

But there is hope if you're hoping to pick up the last wave. Firstly, there's always Bricklink. Secondly, Amazon.fr may be a better option. (Full disclosure: we are an affiliate of Amazon.fr) They have each of the three series 4 planet sets in stock and will ship to the US. There is a five item limit on each set. Ordering one of each comes out to $17.68 per set so it would behoove you to get together with a friend or two to place an order with the maximum amount of each set as the cost will be cheaper per set than if you were to just place an order for one of each. I just placed an order for five of each for $199.40, which breaks down to just $13.29 per set. Exchange rates vary daily so your final price may be slightly higher or lower depending on when you order. If you don't speak French and are having trouble navigating the pages, use Google Chrome with a built-in translator. Links to the sets below:

LEGO Star Wars Planet Series 4

Good luck and happy shopping!

Update: Amazon.fr is currently sold out but is expecting stock. Be sure that the item is dispatched by Amazon before adding to your cart. If not, check the "More Choices" box on the right hand side to select Amazon.fr as the seller.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/09/05/planet-series-4-will-not-be-released-in-the-u-s/
Staff

Re: Planet Series 4 Will NOT Be Released in the U.S.

Postby Ultron32 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:47 am

D: nooooooooooooooo!
I need those for my collection!
Shoulda grabbed them when I was in Germany. But aren't these already in some TRUS and such? I'm pretty sure I've seen them here somewhere.
Ultron32

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:01 am

What the heck is the reasoning behind that?! These were some of the best models from the entire line, IMHO.
Mister Ed

Postby jnd2k3 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:17 am

Wow. Stupid. Seems that my dis-assembly of the others to make room was a foreshadowing of this...
jnd2k3

Postby meeotch » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:29 am

This is all I collect anymore! :'(
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby CloneEmperor » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:49 am

I'd like to know where these were actually available in Canada
CloneEmperor

Postby Ultron32 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:04 pm

I guess I'll have to pursue my Friends animal collection more now, and start collecting those chibi vehicles.
Ultron32

Postby sparkart » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:30 pm

That stinks, I really needed that B-Wing cockpit for my version. And I was really wanting these planets to make my Marvel Comics Micronauts Homeworld model.
sparkart

Postby bartosza6m » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:47 pm

:| Star Warsify The Mini Camper Van Building Contest.
:| Contest is only open to residents of US and Canada.
:| Power of karma.
XD Planet Series 4 Will NOT Be Released in the U.S.
bartosza6m

Postby onions » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:54 pm

bartosza6m wrote::| Star Warsify The Mini Camper Van Building Contest.
:| Contest is only open to residents of US and Canada.
:| Power of karma.
XD Planet Series 4 Will NOT Be Released in the U.S.

Actually, that reminds me, I need to update the contest. The contest is open to anyone. No restriction on location.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Trooper10 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:04 pm

Disappointing...good thing the current line of SW isn't full of rehashes and clone wars doodoo... :facepalm:
Trooper10

Postby Polynices » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:11 pm

How terrible. Combined with no US release for the Batman or Lord of the Rings board games I'm extra annoyed at silly country restrictions (given that the Hoth board game situation wasn't LEGO's fault, perhaps some of these are out of their hands, too).

Going to be making some bricklinker happy, anyway.
Polynices

Postby Margot » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:24 pm

Due to the great information you shared I ordered a bunch from Amazon Fr. I will be keeping some and trading/selling the rest so all in all, not such a big deal. But quite annoying move on the part of Lego.
Margot

Postby Zrath » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:29 pm

Wow, that's random.
Does the Lego Group want to make less money?
Because I can't think of any other reason that would explain this move.
ERPY DERP!!!

Zrath (Konfused Kzin)
Zrath

Postby The_Chosen_1 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:03 pm

^ It actually makes a lot of sense to me. I've never seen any other set clog the shelves quite like the planet sets do.
The_Chosen_1

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:23 pm

The_Chosen_1 wrote:^ It actually makes a lot of sense to me. I've never seen any other set clog the shelves quite like the planet sets do.

Really? I haven't seen that. In fact usually there is at least one of the three that sells out pretty fast. And I've never seen them go on clearance, either. Guess things vary from store to store.
Mister Ed

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:25 pm

Polynices wrote:Combined with no US release for the Batman or Lord of the Rings board games I'm extra annoyed at silly country restrictions.

Wait, what? That's the first I've heard of that. Didn't they show those off at Toy Fair in New York? Or am I misremembering? Why on earth would you show items at a US toy show that you had no intention of selling in the US? Is that normal? I just assumed that there were toy shows in other parts of the world where you would showcase items that were only going to be sold THERE.
Mister Ed

Postby Polynices » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:31 pm

Mister Ed wrote:
Polynices wrote:Combined with no US release for the Batman or Lord of the Rings board games

Wait, what? That's the first I've heard of that. Didn't they show those off at US shows? Or am I misremembering?

I haven't seen an official confirmation but I've seen a rumor to this effect and they are currently available in several non-US/CA countries (shop.lego.com shows them if you switch countries to the UK, for instance). It's possible they're just releasing them much later around here for some reason. Maybe right before Christmas? We can only hope.
Polynices

Postby onions » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:43 pm

i have not been able to confirm the rumors about the games. "I have a bad feeling about this" is apt.

also, it should be noted, that those games you can ONLY get through shop@home in the overseas markets. they have not been available at any other retailer as far as i can see.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby The Phantom Menace » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:59 pm

What's the possibility that this is due to some legal action from a rival (like Hasbro)? Didn't Lego have problems with Hasbro in regards to the SW magnets?
The Phantom Menace

Next

Return to Finds/Deals