Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Deja Vu! Ghostbusters Reaches 10,000 On CUUSOO... Again

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Deja Vu! Ghostbusters Reaches 10,000 On CUUSOO... Again

Postby Staff » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:42 pm

The second Ghostbuster themed project to achieve 10,000 votes is actually the first of the two, posted over a year before Brent Waller's 30th Anniversary that hit 10,000 a couple weeks ago. TeeKay's project means that this will not only be the largest review sample so far, but the first time a single theme has had two separate projects in the same review. It could potentially be the last time too for all we know. All I know is that if 20,000 fans (admittedly that could be the same 10,000 fans voting for the same theme twice) doesn't prove to LEGO that we want a Ghostbusters set, I'm going to be very disappointed. Let's hope the recent toy releases mean the rights to this property will prove easy for LEGO to secure. I really have to say though, I find it odd that in both projects Ray looks more like Karl Urban then Dan Aykroyd. Does Elwood really look that generic?

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/08/27/deja-vu-ghostbusters-reaches-10000-on-cuusoo-again/
Staff

Re: Deja Vu! Ghostbusters Reaches 10,000 On CUUSOO... Again

Postby Solo » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:06 pm

Really hope that they combine the two ideas, as in just the car + figures from this project but the design from the other. Fingers crossed.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby gomek » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:30 am

I always thought it odd that Cussoo members would still qualify for the percentage of the profit for submitting licensed themes that the Lego group is just going to redesign anyway. I was pretty happy that the BTTF guy decided to give his up to charity. (I have to wonder though if he realized how much that thing was going to sell before decided that though).

Anyways, I just hope Cussoo continues to give people the opportunity to submit stuff like this. Ghostbusters will be awesome.
gomek

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:48 am

Solo wrote:Really hope that they combine the two ideas, as in just the car + figures from this project but the design from the other. Fingers crossed.

I agree.

I'm just curious how the percentage of profit thing works in a case like this. You've got two submissions, both of which have met the threshold, and both of which are essentially the same thing (though one has an additional, sizeable element in it). If they just make the car, which seems more likely, who gets the percentage? I doubt they will use either design precisely, so is it determined by who got the necessary votes first?
Mister Ed

Return to Licensed Themes