Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Galactus Lands In New LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Trailer

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Galactus Lands In New LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Trailer

Postby Staff » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:23 pm

Marvel has launched a full trailer for the upcoming LEGO Marvel Super Heroes game and it ties the overall story together with the bits we've seen up to this point quite well. They've also posted nineteen new screen shots that look to be cropped suspiciously to Facebook cover size, feature some of the previously mentioned but unseen characters and give us a peek at the movie inspired SHIELD helicarrier seen below.

5214150463fc9

I can't wait for this game...
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/08/21/galactus-lands-in-new-lego-marvel-super-heroes-trailer/
Staff

Re: Galactus Lands In New LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Trailer

Postby DarthBuilder » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:02 pm

Walmart can't ship my pre-order and take my money fast enough!
DarthBuilder

Postby rushiosan » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:01 pm

If only gameplay could be improved and make this a real, challenging, and fun game, It would be an absolute must-have, and I'm saying that after purchasing every single LEGO game out there. They're good, but the obsolete gameplay/mechanics (specially the lack of difficulty) spoils the fun since Star Wars and Indiana Jones editions came out. Comic-con demo showed us the very same engine with improved graphics and a couple super powers - but the "core" stills the same. All you gotta do is unlock stages and solve puzzles to collect studs as an immortal piece of plastic.

A beat-em-up or a regular action game would be better for the universe, but maybe that's just me... I'll get it anyway.
rushiosan

Postby plebeianprint » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:03 pm

I rather agree with the post above me. I would also add that it's completely backwards that the core gameplay mechanic is breaking things (as opposed to building them). I adore these games, though; This one more than most.

The harsh part for me will be the wait. I decided to buy my next-gen system on launch day, so I will be waiting for the next-gen version of the game (and hopefully I'll still be able to get the pre-order figure).
plebeianprint

Postby gomek » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:01 am

I wouldn't mind the gameplay being harder IF and only if you had the ability to skip a level to move on. I play these games with my kids and often find myself going to youtube for the walkthough because we can't continue the game because we're stuck.
gomek

Postby rushiosan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:40 am

I'm not a hardcore gamer (I skip the most part of games with long tutorials and complex learning curves), but the lack of balance in difficulty/gameplay makes these a restricted experience. I feel like these were, in fact, designed for kids only. Having a secondary option for harder difficulties (a mode where you could die and spend hours trying to beat a level) would be very welcome for those who like to play with his/her kids and find some challenge when playing alone.

In other hand, LEGO games are far better than its licensed, non-LEGO counterparts. See other Harry Potter and Star Wars games as an example... it's hard to find one that worths your time and money.
rushiosan

Postby Ultron32 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:36 am

This looks awesome. Anyone else wondering why they didn't just use the official Doc Ock figure though?
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby CaptainFordo » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:49 am

Well the official Ock is somewhat removed from his traditional look, and while movie costumes are used they don't deviate too far from he comics look so they seem to have gone with only using classic comic and movie outfits, in order to create visual consistency. With the exception of Ultimate Goblin and Beetle but I'm not sure if he latter is i the game. The 90's cartoons seem to be a big influence, particularly the X-men.
CaptainFordo

Return to Licensed Themes