Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Booyakasha! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 2 Preview

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Booyakasha! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 2 Preview

Postby Staff » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:41 pm

If you saw the season finale of Nickelodeon's TMNT, then you know the stakes have been raised in the Turtle-verse and while many questions have been answered and truths revealed, resolution seems only a little bit closer if at all. Yay! Season two promises a host of new characters and IF you want to avoid spoilers you should probably skip the video above and avoid the jump below.

I wanted to report on some of this during SDCC, but I had too much going on. The cast and crew seemed to have a blast at the SDCC panel and the fans had a lot to cheer for when the team started to discuss the plans for season 2. I want to touch base on a couple.

First up is the introduction and redesign of Casey Jones. I loved Casey in the comics and the original movie and can't wait to see him introduced to this show. His look falls in line with the overall younger aesthetic of the show and I have confidence we'll see more of the walking sporting goods store commercial and less sons of the Sons of Anarchy as his character developes.

A classic cartoon villain will switch sides as Slash appears on the small screen again, this time to help the Turtles. I had the original Slash figure and loved it, I still remember his crazy Joker-esque grin and twisted, psychedelic weapons. This time around, Slash will be none other then Raph's pet turtle Spike and be voiced by Corey Feldman. Did the 80's just implode on anyone else?

Timmy will be back as the fully realized Mutagen Man, and it looks like his pulverizing days have just begun.

Another shout out to the '80 cartoon will see Baxter Stockman doing his Vincent Price impersonation. I will wait for the classic line with great anticipation. There are more surprises in store no doubt and when a fan shouted love for Rocksteady and Bebop, Executive Producer Cero Nieli said, "We like them too. Patience."

CBR did a great job covering the panel and snaping the sneak peek pictures and we'll do our best to keep you up to speed on the new season and the already confirmed third as it pops up. I already have a wish list of sets in mind based on the first season alone, so fingers crossed for more set news soon.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/08/20/booyakasha-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-season-2-preview/
Staff

Re: Booyakasha! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 2 Previe

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:26 pm

Cool, thanks for the info! Looking forward to the next season(s)!
As for new Lego sets, rumor has it that the next wave will be based on the Michael Bay movie. I really hope that's not true though and that we'll get more sets based on the Nick show instead.
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby buriedbybricks » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:22 am

Sounds like a load to me unless the new movie is under the Nick umbrella, as that is where the licensing lies for this one.
buriedbybricks

Postby The_Chosen_1 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:24 am

Viacom owns the rights to all things TMNT these days. So whether the new film falls under the Nickelodeon banner or not, Lego wouldn't have too much of a problem getting the license to produce sets.

That said, I'd MUCH rather see a second wave of sets based on this series. It's arguably the best TMNT media production ever, IMO.
The_Chosen_1

Postby buriedbybricks » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:42 am

Yes, but the LEGO license is with Nickelodeon side and has only focused on those toons, so I see no reason to think that will shift. At the very least, I certainly hope it doesn't.
buriedbybricks

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:30 pm

Well, so far it has only been implied in this article: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/comic-con-first-look-at-587681
It says that Lego will be part of a "big toy push" for the movie. Whether this means they'll have sets based on the movie or if they'll just have cartoon-based sets to sort of tie in with the release of the movie remains to be seen, but I think movie based sets are more likely. I don't think they would have too much trouble acquiring the license for it. Let's hope that doesn't happen though.

By the way, that sculpture is awesome!
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby buriedbybricks » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:49 pm

It actually says "you can bet" on there being a toy push then says LEGO is part of that action and refers to the totem. So they have literally no info and are lumping in LEGO's current offerings with what they assume will be a big campaign. Which there probably will be, but this is optimistic conjecture on the writer's part at best.

I wouldn't put much stock in this. He couldn't even identify that the Green Arrow was the current comic version and not the TV version.
buriedbybricks

Postby Ultron32 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:53 pm

This post got me to finally watch the season 1 finale today. Glad that I did. Looking forward to the next one.
And all this Turtles talk is making me re-consider planning to go to the Oddities panel instead of the TMNT one at NYCC...
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby Ultron32 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:27 am

I saw the Season 2 premiere yesterday at comic con :P
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Return to Licensed Themes