Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Lego Polybag Storage and Display

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Lego Polybag Storage and Display

Postby jfears2 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:53 pm

I'm a first time poster here on the forums and hopefully I can get some feedback from the community. About a year ago I rediscovered Legos in the form of Star Wars. I spent countless hours of my childhood with Legos and then like most, grew out of them. However, a year ago my parents gave me a small Lego polybag (x-wing fighter) that they received for free at an event... instantly my Lego passion returned... mostly because I had no idea that Star Wars Legos even existed (I was 25 at the time of discovery, so wandering down the toy aisle at the local Wal-Mart wasn't common).

So this brings me to my main point, I've since amassed a decent collection of Star Wars Legos including a couple exclusive polybags (Hoth Han Solo) and recently purchased the Shadow ARF Trooper exclusive off of Amazon, and the Clone Trooper Lieutenant to follow in a couple weeks. These two polybags are remaining sealed for as long as I own them, and currently they sit in a box with instruction booklets. Is there, or does anyone out there know of an acrylic type enclosure for Lego polybags?

I've googled most keywords I can think of and have simply run across minifig cases for after the minifig is opened and exposed, but how about for the sealed polybag itself? I envision something like what stores house DVDs and video games in before you purchase them but with a peg of some sort for the polybag shelf hole.

Any ideas?

Thanks
jfears2

Re: Lego Polybag Storage and Display

Postby Solo » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:44 pm

I haven't seen anyone displaying sealed polybags in acrylic cases before. There aren't any tailor made solutions out there that I'm aware of but I'm sure you can find something that will do the trick if you check out craft stores and frame shops.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby piaknowguy » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:25 pm

I use shadow boxes for mine. I also display a picture next to the polybag of what the bag contains. Works great!

piaknowguy

Postby jfears2 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:51 am

I think the shadow box idea may be the best way for me to go. It's really a great idea and it looks better than what I described and envisioned. Thanks for the tips!
jfears2

Postby murphquake » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:47 pm

or you could just, you know, open them. I keep sets and polys sealed for a variety of reasons but everything i have for me I open. Rare stuff i save the bag with instructions but otherwise polys are just stored in assorted bins and boxes. The smallest size lego games boxes fit most polys neatly
murphquake

Return to General LEGO Discussions