Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[MOC] Lego Game of Thrones - Winterfell (+CUUSOO Modular Cas

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[MOC] Lego Game of Thrones - Winterfell (+CUUSOO Modular Cas

Postby brickonstark » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:14 am

I recently built this MOC of Winterfell courtyard from the Game of Thrones TV series. It's part of a CUUSOO idea for Modular Castle sets, which features well known castles, both fictional and non-fictional. This is the first proper moc I've built.

The model comes in easy-to-assemble sections, which can also be moved around.

The first section I built was the ravenry. The walls are removable, and the plan is to fit hinges on to the roof later on for full accessability. The ravnery also has cages to store the messenger birds.

support on cuusoo here: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/36041
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ned Stark entering the castle:

The castle entrance:

Full view:

Here are some images of the actual thing:

Thanks for looking!
Please leave some feedback and constructive criticism in the comments! Also, please support the project at: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/36041
Last edited by brickonstark on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brickonstark

Re: [MOC] Lego Game of Thrones - Winterfell (+CUUSOO Modular

Postby Solo » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:27 pm

This looks alright to me, but there's no chance in anything that this would ever be an official set. Ever. Game of Thrones is not remotely kid friendly and Lego won't go near it.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby brickonstark » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:43 pm

Solo wrote:This looks alright to me, but there's no chance in anything that this would ever be an official set. Ever. Game of Thrones is not remotely kid friendly and Lego won't go near it.

I know they won't make a full GoT set, but I'm suggesting a theme focusing on the castle buildings and architectural aspects from the series. And if that fails, even just the actual castles from the filming locations. XD
brickonstark

Postby dWhisper » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:12 pm

You would be better off removing the Game of Thrones influence entirely from the MOC and focusing on those things in general. I wouldn't mind seeing Castle take a much more civilian focused turn, with less about battles and warfare, more more stuff like the Market and Mill sets.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby brickonstark » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:14 pm

dWhisper wrote:You would be better off removing the Game of Thrones influence entirely from the MOC and focusing on those things in general. I wouldn't mind seeing Castle take a much more civilian focused turn, with less about battles and warfare, more more stuff like the Market and Mill sets.

Well, those things would be included in the "Modular Castles" theme, it's quite a wide theme, in fact my CUUSOO page doesn't even mention GoT :D
brickonstark

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase