Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Game Update: New Trailers, Stan Lee

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Game Update: New Trailers, Stan Lee

Postby Staff » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:44 am

Screen Shot 2013-07-21 at 12.24.49 AM

I attended the Marvel Video Games panel today and walked away excited about the upcoming LEGO Marvel Super Heroes game more than ever.

The above trailer, titled Big Figure Trailer, shows off some new footage of the game's bigger characters: The Incredible Hulk, Juggernaut, and a whole mess of other giant figures are featured, including Iron Man's Hulkbuster Armor. Too sweet.

Also, the following characters have been confirmed for the game:

• Jean Grey

• Elektra

• Agent Coulson

• Magneto

• Silver Samurai

• The Punisher

• Beast

• Gambit

• Storm

• Green Goblin

• Iron Patriot

• Juggernaut

• Squirrel Girl

• Thing

• Vulture

• Sabretooth

• Invisible Girl

• Howard The Duck

• Axel Alonso

• Joe Quesada

There was one additional character they showed at the front of the video that I couldn't remember. And last, but certainly not least: Stan Lee. Yes, you'll get to play as Stan Lee in the game. Here's a sneak peek at some gameplay footage:

IMG_4175

My guess is that Stan will be the most difficult character to unlock, and will obviously have more than one ability. How awesome is that?
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/07/21/lego-marvel-super-heroes-game-update-new-trailers-stan-lee/
Staff

Re: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Game Update: New Trailers, Stan

Postby CaptainFordo » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:02 am

Awesome, so glad Cyclops is in, but a bit werid that they're using 90's costumes for the X-men when Wolverine's outfit is from Astonishing X-men =S
CaptainFordo

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:12 pm

I'd say it's pretty darn awesome. It's amazing how many awesome characters they were able to include in this game! It really puts the DC Superheroes game to shame (yes, I know it's technically a Batman game, but still). Maybe they'll do a proper DC game after this one. After all, the last one ended on a cliff hanger right after the Justice League was formed.
Really getting excited for this!
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby Doney93 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:51 am

Gamespot have put up a gameplay demo/interview with Arthur Parsons which shows off some of the characters and gives a good look at th current roster which includes characters not seen in this trailer ;D Also you hear a bit of Nolan North as Deadpool :P So awesome! And there are so many characters still to come! Best. Game. Ever. (Hopefully :P)

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=j-7GySWF ... -7GySWFtIY
Doney93

Postby dWhisper » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:47 am

Is it wrong to be more excited about Howard the Duck than Stan Lee?
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby gomek » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:53 am

For a while now I've been pretty impressed with TT Games character designs and choices. Even with only seeing a few of the Marvel designs I'm thinking Lego would be well suited to have someone from TT games move over and help Lego with determining what characters need to be in production.

Do I appreciate the classic outfits? Check. Do I need a Stan Lee and Howard the Duck figure? I sure do.
gomek

Postby Gooker1 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:23 pm

I can imagine them having alt costumes.

I was at the panel too, and by far Lego got the best applause, and that was well before the big three marvel mentions.

Stan Lee can sling a web like Spiderman, and there was also footage of him hulking out into Stan Lee Hulk! With his hair in place too!
Gooker1

Return to Licensed Themes