Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[SDCC] Pictures Of The Riddler Chase Set Featuring The Flash

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

[SDCC] Pictures Of The Riddler Chase Set Featuring The Flash

Postby Staff » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:16 pm

QO5C2792

Our Ace reporter (couldn't resist) has taken some shots of the upcoming Batman set "The Riddler Chase" that was revealed this weekend at SDCC. Out in January, I think it's a decent little set at $30 US for 304 pieces and figure the inclusion of the Flash will make this about as popular as the Aquaman set. Scratch that, more popular. It has some nice changes to the Riddler and looks like a fun little set, even if it is yet another Batmobile. Check out the pics and let us know what you think.

QO5C2785QO5C2786QO5C2787QO5C2788QO5C2791QO5C2790QO5C2789QO5C2800QO5C2794QO5C2793QO5C2799QO5C2798QO5C2797QO5C2796QO5C2795
QO5C2801

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/07/19/sdcc-pictures-of-the-riddler-chase-set-featuring-the-flash/
Staff

Re: [SDCC] Pictures Of The Riddler Chase Set Featuring The F

Postby dWhisper » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:26 pm

Not sure how I feel about that Flash helmet/hood. Seems absurdly large for something that could have just been printed, especially since the pattern is printed on the head. Not like you could toss on some hair and turn him into a civilian...
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby buriedbybricks » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:33 pm

He matches Bat-helmet this way is the only explanation. I'm just glad Marvel has only cursed Iron Man with this look.
buriedbybricks

Postby rushiosan » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:44 pm

Let me be honest: I don't see a reason to pick this up except for Flash minifigure. There are better sets where you can find Batman, Riddler (with a worse suit, but it's okay, who cares anyway) and a well-designed Bat-vehicle (cars, motorcycles, boats, planes). And why in the world would someone go crazy about Riddler's dragster? He doesn't even have one in comics/movies/cartoons universe, neither it's a Holy Grail in a matter of design.

In other hand, I think Aquaman set has many advantages over this if you were aiming only for the fig - Mr Freeze, Arctic Batman (I'd kill for one) and that weird boat worth every penny.

LEGO was smart putting such a figure in a worthless set. It'll be like forcing you to buy a whole farm just because you want a cow. Okay, enough grumpiness. Now we have Flash to throw into countless MOCs and dioramas.
rushiosan

Postby Brainslugged » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:11 pm

I really like the batmobile - especially with those fat tires. Plus gold wheels look so much better than yellow. Does the mechanism at the back pop the canopy off?
Brainslugged

Postby onions » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:48 pm

sorry, i forgot to upload one pic. the post has been updated.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby onions » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:50 pm

call me crazy, but i like the flash's helmet. it looks suitably cartoony in its oversized state. iron man on the other hand will always look stupid.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby wyldjedi » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:25 pm

The flash helmet is not too bad, but I really wish helmets for him and for other characters like Batman and Iron Man would be more in line with the old classic space helmets as far as thickness is concerned. Those are nice and tight and would not make them look like bobble heads. Then again, as a kid I broke a lot of my classic space helmets at the chin strap. Honestly, good printed heads would work for most figures. As others have said, this set is only worth getting for the Flash.
wyldjedi

Postby CaptainFordo » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:03 am

Flash's helmet is consistent with the one from "Lego Batman 2" so I guess that makes sense. I rather like the more muscle car styled Batmobile, looks a little like the "Batman: Arkham Asylum" one. Also glad to see Riddler finally with a green hat.
CaptainFordo

Postby Harmonica » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:19 am

That Flash helmet looks like it could be modded into a Daredevil mask without too much trouble...might just have to pick one of these up.
Harmonica

Postby Capta1nAm3rica » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:59 am

As a LEGO Superheroes collector, I can't stress enough how happy I am with this set. LEGO is FINALLY bringing some variation to Batman. We got the same darn Black suit Batman like... 6 times? I have 8 of them because I got the promo jetski set twice.

Riddler looks... odd. But it's better than having the same old riddler I suppose. And Flash looks spectacular. The vehicles are meh, I wish they'd give us more scenes like LOTR than vehicles, scenes are much cooler now because I have every vehicle made in the DCUO LOL

If they're gonna keep doing vehicles, we NEED a transparent piece Invisible Jet!

Regardless, can't wait to buy this set.
Capta1nAm3rica

Postby MyrmidonX » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:47 am

Wow! The Flash helmet really shows off the creativity of lego. If they had molded it with a chinstrap, it would have probably looked like Catwoman's bucket-shaped head piece. I wish the Captain America minifig came with a headpiece like Flash, so he wouldn't look so plain and short compared to his fellow Avengers. Maybe in the Capt. America 2 sets?

Just two things: Why didn't they print lightning bolts on Flash's legs?? Or boots on Batman? And can someone tell me where does Riddler's look come from, with the slanted zipper and two-tone pants? Thanks in advance!
MyrmidonX

Postby batsamd » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:41 pm

I like the set.

Of course Flash is the biggest draw, but I, too, like the muscle car Batmobile. At least it's not a rehash of Tim Burton's Batmobile like the last two Batmobiles.

With a new Batman suit, new Riddler suit (not sure I like it, but it's different, and as mentioned before, he gets a green hat), new, beefy Batmobile, and of course Flash, I think this set is worth $30.

There's also Riddler's dragster that can be used for parts. ;)
batsamd

Postby gomek » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:56 am

Took me a while to get around to double checking, but the TT games flash has a full helmet (as opposed to this figure which has a half of one.) To me the half one in this set doesn't look right.

Also I believe this figure might be the first that was in a game, and then was made into a figure (I don't have all the games so I'm not 100% sure about that.)
gomek

Postby Tomahawker » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:14 am

rushiosan wrote:<Snip>

LEGO was smart putting such a figure in a worthless set. It'll be like forcing you to buy a whole farm just because you want a cow. Okay, enough grumpiness. Now we have Flash to throw into countless MOCs and dioramas.

Actually, you do have to buy the whole farm (or a village) to get the cow. ;)

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.as ... =147&q=cow
Tomahawker

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:02 pm

gomek wrote:Took me a while to get around to double checking, but the TT games flash has a full helmet (as opposed to this figure which has a half of one.) To me the half one in this set doesn't look right.

Also I believe this figure might be the first that was in a game, and then was made into a figure (I don't have all the games so I'm not 100% sure about that.)

Well, there was Electro-Batman that came with the LEGO Batman Visual Dictionary.
Mister Ed

Return to Licensed Themes