Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Robin Polybag Promo @ TRU Canada

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Robin Polybag Promo @ TRU Canada

Postby Staff » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:42 pm

30166 Robin Polybag

The long unseen polybag listed as 30166 Robin and Redbird Cycle on Brickset has finally reared it's ugly head, but only in Canada so far. I say ugly because you can only get it if you spend $30 on any Super Heroes sets. I prefer it when they will actually scan and I can just buy a couple as I did with Thor and the Bat-ski, but this time I had to resort to buying one of the Man of Steel sets I had no interest in and the 6865 Catcycle City Chase set to trade for the original Catwoman set I had already stashed away for my son. The lovely cashier was kind enough to give me an extra, but I can't guarantee you'll have the same results. It seems to helps if you're extremely charming and good-looking though, in my personal experience.

Also, TRU Canada is having a Play Day tomorrow from 11am until 1pm, with the mini Jek-14 Stealth Fighter set that hit stateside for the May the 4th weekend along with a few other activities for the kids.
Good luck and have fun!
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/06/21/robin-polybag-promo-tru-canada/
Staff

Re: Robin Polybag Promo @ TRU Canada

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:06 pm

My TRU never stocked the Bat-ski at all, as far as I could tell. Perhaps they will stock this, since it is part of a promotion. Too bad that's pretty much the same as not stocking it, as I'm unwilling to pay TRU prices on sets I could get elsewhere for less, just to get this item.
Mister Ed

Postby wyldjedi » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:32 pm

I find that my local TRU stocks these kinds of polybags once and when they are out, they are out for good. The only ones to have lasted were the aliens from Toy Story and a few other miscellaneous ones. Anything that was released with a 'spend $30 and get a polybag' or buy some specific sets never got restocked.

Is this Robin figure exclusive to this polybag?
wyldjedi

Postby DeltaNightroam » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:40 pm

wyldjedi wrote:I find that my local TRU stocks these kinds of polybags once and when they are out, they are out for good. The only ones to have lasted were the aliens from Toy Story and a few other miscellaneous ones. Anything that was released with a 'spend $30 and get a polybag' or buy some specific sets never got restocked.

Is this Robin figure exclusive to this polybag?

Nope. For a Toys R Us promotion, they once gave me an extra at the cashier, sadly, it was just Anakin's Podracer. I hope this comes to my Toy R Us for sale, if so, I'M GETTING A BUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DeltaNightroam

Postby buriedbybricks » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:41 pm

Looks like the same one from the Funhouse set to me, right down to the scaredy alternate face.
buriedbybricks

Postby ufjason » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:56 pm

It's a new build, compared images as I don't own either set. I've got an extra batman jet ski or two if anyone wants to trade for a Robin or two. Speaking of, I wouldn't mind getting a Thor or Hawkeye polybag.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby sparkart » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:04 am

The only place I ever saw a Batman Jet-Ski for sale in the wild was at the San Diego Comic-Con, and there was bin with a load of them.

I luv red motorcycles.
...maybe when you've downed your first clown! by SPARKART!, on Flickr.

I wonder if the Robin's bike could be alternately built into something closer to Kaneda's...gonna have to get one and try it.
sparkart

Postby Mars Needs LEGO » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:54 pm

How long is this promotion supposed to run? Was it just for June or is it still ongoing (while supplies last)?
Mars Needs LEGO

Postby buriedbybricks » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:08 pm

TRU promotions are week to week so it is over, but some stores may have leftovers.

I did see a sign that each store had 25 max, but I'm not sure I believe it.
buriedbybricks

Return to Finds/Deals