Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

10236 Ewok Village Revealed

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: 10236 Ewok Village Revealed

Postby onions » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:30 pm

that guy wrote:Nice..Sure it is. Something people have dreamed of...sure it is. Nice minifig count despite being more of the same just in new garb...sure it is. But are we all really that starved for decent UCS sets that we are calling this 'mindblowing'??? I hope not. I just try to compare this for $250 against the UCS Shuttle for $260 when it was just out and it's hard to call them equal. Just my 2 cents but I understand they needed to hit a mid-$200 range since they just put out the X-wing at $200 and already have the R2 and B-Wing in the sub $200 range. But really, let's call it for what it is, a very desirable yet bloated fish that many will hope they catch.

aren't most 'new' minifigs the same figure but in new garb? it's what fuels the action figure market, and the same could be said for lego minifigures so it's not really a new concept.

also, i can't tell how you feel about the ucs shuttle compared to this set but it sounds like you thought the shuttle was much better. personally, i wasn't a fan of the ucs shuttle and would much rather spend my money on the ewok village if given the choice. shuttle just doesn't do much of anything. wing deployment of the shuttle is the single worst play feature of any star wars set in recent years.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby lowlead » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:06 am

banthafodder wrote:Just the fact that they are producing some great play sets is exceptional. We got a decent, modular Jabba's palace with Rancor pit and now this. I like the way TLG has gone with the OT sets recently with play sets with some new minifigs...Maybe we'll get a cantina next?

Agreed.

Not only is it a great playset in its own right, it represents a willingness on TLGs part to go all out. That goes for Orthanc as well. This can only mean good things for a future cantina playset - can't wait! :D
lowlead

Postby FirstCircle » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:26 am

Yow!

This looks inspired by the classic Ewok set from the Kenner 3.5" figure line. But ohhhhhh so much better.

Wow. I might agree that this should have fewer figs to bring down the price point, but then, for a good Endor scene, it's hard to have too many Ewoks and Scout Troopers.

The price stings, but my hollow, materialistic insides yearn to posses this mighty set.

Looks friggin incredible.

Ugh. Orthanc, now this.

This looks more satisfying than Orhanc.

Oh. And I hate Ewoks. That's how good this set is.

GAHHH!

Burn me. I want it.
My BrickLink store, Jabberwocky's Emporium.
FirstCircle

Postby Sharpie Clone » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:24 am

It's almost enough to make you like the Ewoks.

RE: force ghosts
Obvious special giveaways at the next big show. Why would TLG make it easy when they can drum up extra publicity?
Sharpie Clone

Postby Blue Squadron » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:29 pm

I was never a fan of the Ewoks but my kid brother had the original Kenner Ewok Village back in the early-mid '80s and like many of the other folks above this reminds me do that play set -- but much better.

Yeah, the price is undoubtedly steep but, despite my dislike of the Ewoks as an unnecessary dumbing-down and kid-oriented merchandising ploy (bah) thrown into what should have been a great finale to the original trilogy, I find myself really liking TLG's efforts with this.

I know re-release figures can become annoying but I do like the new Luke torso (not so sure about the dark tan basic male hair), the new Leia and, particularly, the updated Biker Scout. I'm finally retro-fitting all my old biker scouts with black arms/hands and white hips/black legs. Thank goodness for Bricklink...!

I think I can claim to have been on the money regarding the CMF Forest Maiden hairpiece...
http://www.fbtb.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8706

:) :D XD :lol:
Blue Squadron

Postby sparkart » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:55 pm

Swoosh Factor wrote:Love that they included the imperial helmet 'drum set'. :D

Figure the really creepy kids will put minifig heads in the helmets...and build a funeral pyre to burn Vader's body, while Luke looks on. Or is just me that'll do that?

This talk about a cantina set...that would be just insane. My version of the cantina would defintely lean toward the more violent with a bloody severd arm on the floor and a dead Greedo in the corner. Screen accuracy is all I'm after. :P
sparkart

Postby Haderach1976 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:48 am

The set looks great, very happy for everyone who is in the market for a set like this! That said, do you guys think there will still be an "October 2013 UCS" set this year or is this the "Fall UCS" set for 2013?
Haderach1976

Postby onions » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:37 am

this is most likely the fall set.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Bertramtalespinner » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:18 am

Yer killin me...
Bertramtalespinner

Postby Bellicose » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:40 pm

I'm all for it. I don't have nearly the desire people have had for this, but looks good enough for me.

Now we just need a UCS A-Wing. Badly.
Bellicose

Postby Deniz1313 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:14 pm

Awesome set! We needed a set like this for a very long time..
Deniz1313

Previous

Return to Star Wars