Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Jor El Minifigure Now Available

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Jor El Minifigure Now Available

Postby Staff » Fri May 31, 2013 9:12 pm

Jor-El-promo

LEGO Shop@Home has a promotion for most of the month of June where you can get a Jor El promotional minifigure. Now I don't know if in the movie Jor El's outfit is actually darker than Superman, but he came out much darker than the promo image and even the package art. See pic below. Anyways, from now until June 25th, just head on over to LEGO Shop@Home or a LEGO Brand Retail location and make a purchase of at least $75. Tiny Russell Crowe will automatically be added to your cart for free! Not only that but you'll also score free shipping! That's right, all orders of $75 or more will receive free standard shipping.

And speaking of free shipping, LEGO Shop@Home will now offer free shipping on all orders of $75 or more FOREVER! No expiration date and no code required.

Superman and Jor El Side by Side

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/05/31/jor-el-minifigure-now-available/
Staff

Re: Jor El Minifigure Now Available

Postby monkeyhand » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:30 pm

mayhap he was colored based on the red Kryptonian sun thus making everything darker
monkeyhand

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:27 pm

I'm afraid to ask, but could it be that he is Chinese plastic and therefore a different color?
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby DarthBuilder » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:30 pm

Oky Wan Kenobi wrote:I'm afraid to ask, but could it be that he is Chinese plastic and therefore a different color?

I would be afraid to. I'd imagine you get a butt whooping for asking something like that around here. ;) I recall seeing some pics online of Jor El (Russell Crowe) on set and in costume and it looked considerably darker than Kal El's costume in the trailers.
DarthBuilder

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:30 pm

Yeah, I got the minifig yesterday and it seems to be the regular good plastic. Since his costume is darker in the movie too, as you said, I guess this was intentional. Kudos to TLG for going that extra mile.
Oky Wan Kenobi

Return to Finds/Deals