Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Human Torch Confirmed For Marvel Super Heroes Game

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

LEGO Human Torch Confirmed For Marvel Super Heroes Game

Postby Staff » Wed May 29, 2013 1:27 pm

Human Torch

FBTB Fan Ben Doney attended the MCM Expo/London Comic Con this past weekend and attended a presentation held by TT Games producer Phil Ring. At the presentation, Phil has confirmed that Johnny Storm aka The Human Torch will be a playable character in the upcoming LEGO Marvel Super Heroes video game. Now see, why couldn't THAT be the promotional figure instead of Iron Patriot? Venom is also confirmed a villain character.

Human Torch has been revealed as a playable character and Venom as a villain.

Phil hinted at the possibility of villain missions a la the first Lego Batman.

In contrast to Lego Batman 2, a majority of the character roster will be involved with the story, rather than just collectibles for free play.

One of the levels involves a team up between Mr. Fantastic and Captain America, unexpected/unusual team-ups like this are going to be seen throughout the game.

There will be a few alternate costumes for some characters, but they are mainly alternate armours for Iron Man.
The evolution of his armour plays a part in the story.

Bruce Banner does not take up one of the character slots as he is integrated into the play style of the Hulk

In the open world of New York, as a flying character you are able to fly directly to a shield helicarrier in the New York skyline.

Sounds awesome!

Aside from Human Torch and Venom, the game will have over 100 characters to unlock. Hopefully armors for Iron Man won't take up too many slots.

via Superhero Hype via Joystiq
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/05/29/lego-human-torch-confirmed/
Staff

Re: LEGO Human Torch Confirmed For Marvel Super Heroes Game

Postby DeltaNightroam » Wed May 29, 2013 2:25 pm

I would never say never for a Human Torch figure
DeltaNightroam

Postby Doney93 » Wed May 29, 2013 2:47 pm

Thanks for the credit guys, glad I could help get the news out XD I'm getting very excited for this game!! haha :D
Doney93

Postby Ultron32 » Thu May 30, 2013 12:30 pm

Sounds sweet! I'm betting they''ll make the FF eventually...and I'm hoping for some NEW IM armors, not just the ones we've already seen. Villain missions? Sweet. Let's hope for Galactus.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby mjacobson » Thu May 30, 2013 2:09 pm

I saw this a couple of days ago and the article had this picture:Image
All I could think was: "That has got to be the laziest minfigure I've ever seen!"
mjacobson

Postby Ultron32 » Fri May 31, 2013 5:21 pm

mjacobson wrote:I saw this a couple of days ago and the article had this picture:
All I could think was: "That has got to be the laziest minfigure I've ever seen!"

That is unofficial. Made by Custombricks: http://www.flickr.com/photos/custombricks/8486259587/
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby CaptainFordo » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:12 am

I thought the Fantastic Four was confirmed already? Either way good news. Torch is definitely my favourite of the Four. Personally the only character I'm really dying to see is Cyclops.

Definitely glad to see the third bullet point. I get that Lego batman 2 was a Batman game, but it was such a friggin' tease considering basically everything the devs showed off in gameplay trailers and featurettes were all the non-Batman members of the Justice League and they barely figure into the game until you've beat it.
CaptainFordo

Postby ShuiYin » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:37 pm

Hi i think this is a modified NRG Kai from Ninjago (Without his armor and ninja hood) but i could be wrong :p

ShuiYin
ShuiYin

Postby CaptainFordo » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:02 pm

There's a new trailer out, not many new areas shown, but first look at Mr. Fantastic and Torch, also the best part for me is confirmation that Steve Blum is voicing Wolverine.
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/agzb ... r--stream-
CaptainFordo

Postby legomycape » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:49 am

I would like to see a team up of Captain America and the Human Torch with a look of confusion from the characters before the action gets going.
legomycape

Return to Licensed Themes