Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

New Star Wars Cartoon: Rebels

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: New Star Wars Cartoon: Rebels

Postby emmtwosix » Mon May 27, 2013 7:30 pm

BrickDeth1123 wrote:I'm quite excited, but I have my reservations. I wonder though, if this is what became of the proposed live-action television show. There was barely any talk of that project as was.

I've been wondering about that quite a bit, too. From what I remember reading quite a while ago, the live-action episodes were going to cost upwards of a million dollars each, so maybe that eventually became a problem. Whatever format it turns out to be, I just hope the stories are compelling and that the new characters survive longer than an episode or story arch.
emmtwosix

Postby Blacknight » Mon May 27, 2013 11:50 pm

As a complete season, I still like Clone Wars Season 1 best. Was the most respectful of canon because George Lucas wasn't involved as much. Season 2 had 5 great episodes (Geonosis and the Godzilla wannabe), but otherwise was disappointing (never liked Cad Bane). Season 3 and 4 were mostly terrible. Season 5 was almost uniformly excellent however, especially the final two story arcs. Those 8 or so episodes and Revenge of the Sith are the best on screen Star Wars in the last 20 years.
Blacknight

Postby naugem » Tue May 28, 2013 8:58 am

The Geonosis arc was very good. The episode 'Landing at Point Rain' is probably my favorite episode of the series.
And I agree about Cad Bane, the creators would go out on a limb to make him seem very though and smart, but often it just seemed ridiculous.
naugem

Previous

Return to Star Wars