Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Batman Movie Shipping Now

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

LEGO Batman Movie Shipping Now

Postby Staff » Mon May 20, 2013 10:46 pm

LEGO-Batman-The-Movie-DC-Super-Heroes-Unite

I just received my shipping notification LEGO Batman: The Movie - DC Super Heroes Unite. The movie's official release date is tomorrow May 21, and the price as it stands now is $13.99 for the Blu-ray/DVD/Ultra-violet set, and $9.99 for just the DVD version. This "movie" collects all of the cut scenes from the LEGO Batman 2 video game into one feature. No matter which version you get, you'll get the awesome mid-transformation Clark Kent/Superman minifig.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/05/20/lego-batman-movie-shipping-now/
Staff

Re: LEGO Batman Movie Shipping Now

Postby Brainslugged » Tue May 21, 2013 1:20 am

What's interesting about the box is that the cutout was obviously designed for a caped figure.
Brainslugged

Postby gambit2365 » Tue May 21, 2013 4:13 am

I pre ordered mine at amazon for 17.49. I did a live chat and got a refund for 3.50 since it's selling for 13.99 now. My son will be happy when we get this in the mail today.
gambit2365

Postby The_Chosen_1 » Tue May 21, 2013 8:02 am

^ Interesting, I actually hadn't noticed that before. I wonder what the original exclusive was going to be.
The_Chosen_1

Postby mcs4616 » Tue May 21, 2013 8:26 am

It's also possible they just reused the packaging from The Empire Strikes Out, which included a caped figure.
mcs4616

Postby etcknight » Tue May 21, 2013 9:52 am

I'm mainly getting this for the minifig so the cheaper the better. Also, I can understand a big-screen IMAX film on Blue Ray and Ultraviolet, but can anyone explain any real reason for this to be on anything other than DVD quality? ;)
etcknight

Postby batsamd » Tue May 21, 2013 6:08 pm

etcknight wrote:I'm mainly getting this for the minifig so the cheaper the better. Also, I can understand a big-screen IMAX film on Blue Ray and Ultraviolet, but can anyone explain any real reason for this to be on anything other than DVD quality? ;)

Well, it's based off of the LEGO Batman 2 video game cut scenes, and since LEGO Batman 2 came out on PS3 & XBox 360, which are hi-def gaming consoles, the video was already hi-def, so why not put it out on blu-ray.

Also, I haven't seen the DVD version that came with the blu-ray/DVD combo pack, but I have seen the blu-ray version and the quality is awesome, but also it does have some special features. It has the top 5 DC Superheroes Movie Maker contest winners, as well as an interview with the person who, I believe, won the contest.

Right now Target has both the blu-ray/DVD/digital combo pack and the DVD for $13.99 each, so if you have a blu-ray player, might as well go for the blu-ray combo pack.

I enjoyed it, just wish they would've actually used the alternate costumes from the game in the movie, but at least they showed them in Batman's suit gallery.
batsamd

Postby Gooker1 » Wed May 22, 2013 8:25 am

buriedbybricks wrote:Because the game came out a year before the movie it's not surprising that most people assume the movie is based on the game, but that isn't the case on this one.

Thanks for posting this. It's a cool little article help explaining how this is different and there's twice as much footage in the movie vs. the game.

This should be arriving in the mail today, so that will be a must watch for me!
Gooker1

Postby wegj » Wed May 22, 2013 9:13 am

Picked my blu-ray up at Target for 13.99, since it comes with a blu ray and dvd I'm going to pass on the DVD to my nephews. Worth the extra 4 bucks!
WEGJ –keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models and Minifigs
wegj

Postby onions » Wed May 22, 2013 3:53 pm

buriedbybricks wrote:Because the game came out a year before the movie it's not surprising that most people assume the movie is based on the game, but that isn't the case on this one.

Well I guess that means i'm going to have to go watch it now.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Gooker1 » Thu May 23, 2013 8:00 am

onions wrote:

Well I guess that means i'm going to have to go watch it now.

Watched most of it last night, and there is a lot of new content mixed in w/ the in game videos. It moves pretty quick, but they try to slow it down w/ some of the extra scenes. So far, loving it!
Gooker1

Return to Finds/Deals