Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Coulson Lives In Promo For Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Coulson Lives In Promo For Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Postby Staff » Mon May 13, 2013 8:34 am

Coulson's back and Joss Whedon has rewarded him with a new team and a sweet ride for screwing him over (with an snazzy death scene *SPOILERS!* Crap, I was supposed to say that first) in last summers blockbusting Avengers flick. I've been impatiently waiting to share this news and while the world was a buzz last week, ABC was reluctant to confirm picking up Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. until the weekend when all their ducks were in a row. This promo aired during the season finale of Once Upon A Time and I'm guessing it added a few views to that shows ratings for the night as they also launched the first phase of their MAOS viral campaign. I'm really looking forward to this and was pleased to see the apparent confirmation of a suspicion I had regarding the casting of J. August Richards and the secrecy surrounding his character. After the unfulfilled rumours of a Heroes For Hire show and the scrapping of AKA Jessica Jones, I'm pleased to believe that the potential for these concepts to be wrapped into Agents is even greater and that isn't lost on Joss. I look forward to finding out how Coulson has managed to remain breathing, the possibility of finally getting an agent Phil figure and the increased probability of seeing a fig based on a certain unbreakable skinned hero. Fingers crossed the cancellation curse will skip this Whedon television outing. Oh, and that it'll be good.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/05/13/coulson-lives-in-promo-for-marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d/
Staff

Re: Coulson Lives In Promo For Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.

Postby The_Chosen_1 » Mon May 13, 2013 2:51 pm

Looks fantastic!! I'm really looking forward to this. Hopefully we can expect a few new sets based on the series as well.
The_Chosen_1

Postby sparkart » Mon May 13, 2013 3:33 pm

A little red Corvette? Not bad. I hope it flies.
sparkart

Postby DeltaNightroam » Mon May 13, 2013 5:32 pm

The_Chosen_1 wrote:Looks fantastic!! I'm really looking forward to this. Hopefully we can expect a few new sets based on the series as well.

Probably not. It's on ABC, possibly implying that "PG-13" material. I know Avengers was PG-13, however it was made by Disney.(Though seeing MOCs of this will be interesting.) :(
Last edited by DeltaNightroam on Tue May 14, 2013 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeltaNightroam

Postby Sharpie Clone » Mon May 13, 2013 9:45 pm

DeltaNightroam wrote:
The_Chosen_1 wrote:Looks fantastic!! I'm really looking forward to this. Hopefully we can expect a few new sets based on the series as well.

Probably not. It's on ABC, possibly implying that "PG-13" material. I know Avengers was PG-13, however it was made by Disney.(Thought seeing MOCs of this will be interesting.) :(

Aw heck, if the can create the "Ultimate Flamethrowing Lawnmower" for Ironman 3 despite it never being in the movie, I'm sure they can create a few irrelevant sets or battlepacks to make some more money.
Sharpie Clone

Postby onions » Tue May 14, 2013 11:20 pm

new trailer!

onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Andi » Wed May 15, 2013 1:28 am

Does this series mean that there will be no new Avengers movie anymore?
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby buriedbybricks » Wed May 15, 2013 4:29 am

This series will be based in the same universe as the movies, but on smaller characters instead of the big, expensive superheroes from the films. Joss has said the Avengers would not appear in this series, but there are plenty of new characters to create and lesser known ones that may not be able to sustain an entire movie on their own, profitably.

This will be another chance (like Iron Man 3) to see how the world deals with the events from the films.

I'd like to state for the record that I'm cool with Luke Cage getting his abilities as a result of finding some bit of Chitauri technology.
buriedbybricks

Postby onions » Wed May 15, 2013 10:06 am

it would be awesome if the movie heroes (and villains) did cameos for the show.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby CaptainFordo » Thu May 16, 2013 4:43 am

buriedbybricks wrote:This series will be based in the same universe as the movies, but on smaller characters instead of the big, expensive superheroes from the films. Joss has said the Avengers would not appear in this series, but there are plenty of new characters to create and lesser known ones that may not be able to sustain an entire movie on their own, profitably.

This will be another chance (like Iron Man 3) to see how the world deals with the events from the films.

I'd like to state for the record that I'm cool with Luke Cage getting his abilities as a result of finding some bit of Chitauri technology.

Is he confirmed? I'd read it was a brand new character, but it might be Marvel being deliberately misleading so as to try and contain spoilers.
CaptainFordo

Postby Ultron32 » Thu May 16, 2013 3:09 pm

I personally can't wait for this. I had heard a while ago that it wasn't coming out till' 2014 or 15 so I'm happy.

buriedbybricks wrote:I'd like to state for the record that I'm cool with Luke Cage getting his abilities as a result of finding some bit of Chitauri technology.

So that's what that is. That's pretty cool, although it sort of defeats the point of the #42 One-shot (that came with the Avengers DvD) where S.H.I.E.L.D. tracked down all of the Chitauri tech.

CaptainFordo wrote:
buriedbybricks wrote:I'd like to state for the record that I'm cool with Luke Cage getting his abilities as a result of finding some bit of Chitauri technology.

Is he confirmed? I'd read it was a brand new character, but it might be Marvel being deliberately misleading so as to try and contain spoilers.

I don't think he's confirmed but I'm pretty darn sure that's who it is.

Welcome to level 7.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby Mister Ed » Thu May 16, 2013 3:53 pm

I read that they stated flat out that it WASN'T Luke Cage, but that it was an existing Marvel character, albeit one that they thought may "not necessarily" be familiar. The article has some statements that seemed to imply that the character in question MAY have been cast as a different race than in the comics, making it a bit harder to guess who it might be.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=45510
Mister Ed

Postby buriedbybricks » Thu May 16, 2013 7:57 pm

I read the same article Ed and it's the first official statement regarding the character. What I love is that the producer dances around and never says "It isn't Luke Cage". Misdirection? Subterfuge? Short attention span? Who knows, but at least they're saying it's a pre-existing character. If you can believe that.

I choose to believe it is Cage because JAR was on my short list who could do it well and I'm meeting him in October...

I can't say the tech is Chitauri, but it would fit and they could make work for the story. Plenty of aliens left to introduce though and tonnes of scientists too.

The best part of this for me is the fact that there is nothing the can't do. They can't even mention the fact that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are mutants in Avengers 2, but anything goes on TV. They can have the X-men, Fantastic Four and even Spidey in this series as Marvel has full television rights to all characters. Will they use them? I seriously doubt it, but I bet you'll hear references to certain non-existent NY buildings at the very least.

Who knows, maybe Coulson is a mutant. As long as they cover it on the show and don't mention it in the movies, they're golden. This could literally be the Marvel equivalent of Torchwood, if you catch my drift.
buriedbybricks

Postby Mister Ed » Fri May 17, 2013 7:32 am

buriedbybricks wrote:I read the same article Ed and it's the first official statement regarding the character. What I love is that the producer dances around and never says "It isn't Luke Cage". Misdirection? Subterfuge? Short attention span? Who knows, but at least they're saying it's a pre-existing character. If you can believe that.

Well, they do say it is "not the one people are talking about". While you are correct that that doesn't EXPLICITLY rule out Luke Cage, he IS the only character I've heard people talking about. The writer of the article seemed clear that it was intended as a denial of him being Luke Cage, but I suppose THEY could be wrong.

I don't really care one way or the other, not being that into Marvel comics (though I tend to throroughly enjoy Marvel movies).
Mister Ed

Postby buriedbybricks » Fri May 17, 2013 8:37 am

The other most common theory is it's Rage from the New Warriors as he has ties to NY and the Avengers in the comics.
buriedbybricks

Return to Licensed Themes