Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Announcing Star Wars Days at LEGOLAND California June 15-16

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Announcing Star Wars Days at LEGOLAND California June 15-16

Postby Staff » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:07 am

Star Wars Days

Okay, so the dates have been announced a while ago, but I never got around to posting anything about it since we were busy planning for the event. We are now at a point where we are ready to make the announcement and provide details on the event. Even if you've subscribed to LUGOLA's and/or SanDLUG's mailing list, there's new information below so keep reading.

There are three ways you can participate in the Fan Gallery: contribute MOCs for display, contribute MOCs for the group build, and/or volunteer your time. There's a ton of information here so please read through it all. Still have questions? Use the contact us form and send me an email.

Contribute MOCs for the individual gallery

We have a dedicated area for any Star Wars themed MOCs you want to bring and display in the fan gallery. All you need to do is sign up on our handy dandy sign up sheet and let us know how much table space you might need. Please be aware that your MOC will need to be up and displayed by 9:30am on Saturday June 15th and stay on display throughout the weekend and then picked up on Sunday June 16th after 5pm.

Battle of Endor

Contribute to the Group Build

This year we are hosting a group build where you can help recreate the epic space battle scene from Return of the Jedi. The plan is to build the scene in MINI scale and suspend the ships with fishing line to recreate the Space Battle of Endor. LEGOLand is letting us use this huge display case to display the group build in:

IMG_3318

The scale? The scale will be based around this part. Granted, there are official sets out there that are in miniscale but where's the fun in that? You are encouraged to build mini ships in your own style and add them to the display. Larger, capital sized ships such as Imperial Star Destroyers or Mon Calamari Cruisers can be of a smaller scale but should be close. We will set up the display to use forced perspective to complete the scene using the different sized ships. And like the individual display, please expect to keep your models on display from Saturday morning through Sunday evening.

And to entice you to contribute to the group build, we will be holding a raffle. For each original mini scale starfighter that you contribute, and by original I mean not an official set, you will receive 1 raffle ticket. Larger ships will receive 2 or more tickets based on size. Four gift cards to the LEGOLAND Big Shop are offered as prizes. The amount of the gift cards are $25, $25, $50, and $100. You must be present to win on Sunday at 5:00pm in order to receive your prize. Add your name to the sign-up sheet with your details.

If you aren't planning on attending, you can still contribute and win! Mail me your mini ships and FBTB will host a special drawing just for the mail-ins for a LEGO Shop@Home gift card for $50. Shoot us a message and we'll work out the details.

Volunteering

We need volunteers to help man our booths. We still have some space left. We ask that you do one shift per day of 2 hours. There are still plenty of slots available. You can hang out with other AFOLs, make some new friends, and geek out with fellow Star Wars nerds.

Incentives

There are several incentives offered for participating in Star Wars Weekend. Volunteering your time will net you a t-shirt, admission for the day if you arrive by 8am, and two passes to the park. Volunteering your time AND bringing a MOC will net you an exclusive minifig as well the t-shirt and two passes to the park. f you volunteer your time, lunch will be provided by the park. In addition to the group build raffle, there will also be a separate raffle giveaway for various prizes including LEGO sets, photo art prints, and more.

There's probably more information I'm missing, so expect updates between now and June 15th. Once you're signed up, I'll be sending out relevant information about parking, meeting times, etc.

So, in a nutshell if you are in participating by contributing a MOC to the individual gallery, the group build, or volunteering some times, please sign up on the group sign up sheet by putting an X in the "Group Build" column and noting what you will contribute under "Name of MOC".

If you would like to contribute to the group build, but will not be able to bring your MOC to the park by Saturday morning or if you have any questions, please email Ace at [email protected]
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/04/30/announcing-star-wars-days-at-legoland-california-june-15-16/
Staff

Re: Announcing Star Wars Days at LEGOLAND California June 15

Postby onions » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:10 am

I kept this part out of the main post, but if you're interested in volunteering and would like a discounted rate at the brand new legoland hotel, shoot me an email after you've signed up. my contact info and the details are in the sign up sheet.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby etcknight » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:13 pm

Onions,

I'd like to contribute to the Group Build, but it looks like on the sign-up sheet, a lot of popular items have already been accounted for by other AFOLs. Is there something in particular you think is still lacking and I could contribute? Thanks!
etcknight

Postby Ultron32 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:29 pm

Aw what? Exclusive minifig? I want one!
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby onions » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:04 pm

etcknight wrote:Onions,

I'd like to contribute to the Group Build, but it looks like on the sign-up sheet, a lot of popular items have already been accounted for by other AFOLs. Is there something in particular you think is still lacking and I could contribute? Thanks!

It's okay to double up. think of that final scene in ROTJ, there are hundreds of ships dogfighting it out. if you want to double up, on something someone else has already done, feel free!
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Master Beef » Thu May 02, 2013 5:40 pm

I'm definitely interested in volunteering/bringing MOCs, but I still have to talk to my family to see if we're doing anything that weekend. Should I go ahead and sign up?
Master Beef

Postby onions » Mon May 06, 2013 8:09 pm

you don't HAVE to but it would be nice. :) there's a cut off date for sign ups around the 20th of this month. we'll give a few days notice before we close the form.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby onions » Thu May 16, 2013 10:57 am

sorry, cut off for volunteers is friday, tomorrow. also, you may be out of luck if you're trying to book a room with or without the discount code
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby JD4M » Thu May 16, 2013 11:09 am

I would like to volunteer but all of the time slots are filled. What should I do?
JD4M

Postby Master Beef » Fri May 17, 2013 4:07 pm

I just had an idea: To give the space battle group build a greater sense of action, what if we built and suspended "explosions" and a few "exploding" and "battle damaged" ships? I bet all the clone kiddies would love this.
Master Beef

Postby banthafodder » Fri May 17, 2013 6:31 pm

I was thinking the same thing and did build an exploding tie fighter for the group build.
banthafodder

Postby Master Beef » Wed May 22, 2013 9:57 am

Will "nameplates" for our models be provided by LEGOLAND or will we need to make our own?
Master Beef

Postby JD4M » Wed May 22, 2013 12:47 pm

Master Beef wrote:I just had an idea: To give the space battle group build a greater sense of action, what if we built and suspended "explosions" and a few "exploding" and "battle damaged" ships? I bet all the clone kiddies would love this.

Brilliant!
JD4M

Postby etcknight » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:47 pm

Drop off?

Hi all,

My 2 volunteer shifts are Sunday. Is there anyone I can mail or drop off my Group Build minis to so they can be put into the display on Saturday? I contacted Onions / Ace but he hasn't gotten back to me yet with and addy.

I live in Temecula, and will be in the OC/Irvine this Sunday. Please PM me if you can help out. Thanks. :)
etcknight

Postby SDIronClaw » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:01 pm

Since I was unable to attend, does anyone mind sharing their photos from this event? How was it this year and how did the group display turn out?
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby legobilly » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:09 pm

hey everyone
it's been MONTHS but I put up pics of the Legoland Star Wars Days 2013 on Flickr

here's the link
https://www.flickr.com/photos/17657211@ ... 840741194/
legobilly

Return to Star Wars