Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[POD] Spod Racer

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[POD] Spod Racer

Postby grond245 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:15 pm

My entry to the podracer contest (click pic):

Speed was out testing a new engine when he broke through the space-time continuum! After flying around lost for a while, he crashed-landed a long time ago at a racecourse far, far away...and being a racer, he naturally decided to enter the Boonta Eve Classic! He modified his wreck in order to qualify, retaining the steering wheel, stick shift, and brake lights from the original design (not that he’ll use them much!)

I was messing around, and I came up with the pod, and then realized there was no way I would be able to match the engines to the finesse or scale of the pod, so this is my best shot. Comments and criticisms are welcomed.
grond245

Re: [POD] Spod Racer

Postby Marf » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:38 pm

I like this pod too :) I've always been a Speed Racer fan and I knew someone was gonna make one great job! I dont know if those two smaller engines on the big engines are allowed :S
---Josh---
(]HHHHH*H[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Marf

Postby Blackninjatom » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:32 pm

The pod is terrific, the engines, which as far as I understand should be legal (not 100%), as you said the engines could be better, some moving parts would be nice, but again the pod is just awesome. :cool:
Blackninjatom

Postby Flynn » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:01 pm

I knew someone would do this eventually, in fact, I thought that was what Turkguy's was at first.

Love what you did with the "M" decoration there, very nice indeed.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Solo » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:07 pm

I really really like the engine design on this one. Not so much the giant wheel intakes, but the extra whatsits down low really impress me. The M on the cockpit is really well executed too.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby bigkid24 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:09 pm

Okay so apparently I was the only one that didn't think about a Speed Racer pod but as soon as I saw your title it hit me. I like the detail in your pod. The seat and the design of the M. I like the engines for the most part too, nice and smooth and they really look like engines with intakes and exhaust ports. I'm not sure how I feel about the smaller engines. Partly because I don't think the design needs them but also because if he's racing in Mos Espa then I feel like they would get caught on the rocky terrain in some spots.
bigkid24

Postby Honger » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:41 am

Darn it, there goes my idea.

It's not as space agy as what I had in mind, but this looks very nice!
Honger

Postby grond245 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:30 pm

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, the engines are definitely the weak point, but I needed to make SOMEthing in order to enter!. I don't even know what those bottom things are, maybe manuvering jets? There just needed to be something down there in my opinion.
grond245

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase