Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Iron Patriot Pre-Order Bonus at Walmart

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Iron Patriot Pre-Order Bonus at Walmart

Postby Staff » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:56 am

Iron Patriot

Update: Clarified the pre-order terms.

GoNintendo has published an article today outlining the various retailer exclusives for when you pre-order LEGO Marvel Super Heroes. That exclusive we were all expecting GameStop to have? Well it looks like the big blue W has it. Walmart's pre-order bonus is none other than Iron Patriot. The article states you have to pre-order the console version, so no cheap handheld love for us gamers on the go. There are no details yet on their web page, and they only list the Xbox360 version online, so you may have to head to a b&m store to get your pre-order in.

I have to say, this is a really, really, sh***y way to get Iron Patriot. Look, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes looks like a FANTASTIC game by its own right. There is no reason to restrict a CORE character from the Iron Man 3 movie as a pre-order exclusive. Out of all the characters in the Marvel Universe, THIS is the guy they go with? It sucks to be that kid who goes to see the movie and wants to play with his LEGO Iron Man toys and not have an Iron Patriot to go with it. Nope, sorry, gotta wait til October when the game comes out. There are 42 versions of Iron Man's armor, why not pick one of those for crying out loud?

Yeah, I'm pissed. Stupid, stupid move.

Thanks go to Chris White for writing it in.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/04/30/iron-patriot-pre-order-bonus-at-walmart/
Staff

Re: Iron Patriot Pre-Order Bonus at Walmart

Postby buriedbybricks » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:04 am

I was really hoping this isn't how it would go down. Now to figure out where it'll be in Canada...
buriedbybricks

Postby Gooker1 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:33 am

Well, I wasn't expecting WalMart to have the pre-order bonus over Amazon or Best Buy, but it makes sense.

I'm on it. :)
Gooker1

Postby that guy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:56 am

The harder question is what will I do with 200 copies of the game??? :facepalm:
that guy

Postby wegj » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:17 am

I'm glad they are making him, but agree that is a long way to wait! Also, of all the people to be making Lego transaction with Walmart is kind of sketchy. More Superheroes!
WEGJ –keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models and Minifigs
wegj

Postby ufjason » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:16 am

We might get lucky and the figure will be attached to a preorder card in stores like the chase mccain figure. You can always preorder and return it to stick it to them. Not ethical I know but then again they're doing a real disservice to fans.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby CaptainFordo » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:01 pm

It would've made more sense to switch Iron Patriot and War Machine's minifigs.

Especially since IRON MAN 3 SPOILERS
Spoiler: show
War Machine is not even in the film at all

I believe this is the first minifig to come with extra brick pieces though, no? Perhaps it might end up being bulked out into a polybag or something?

Either way, I'm happy with this since I'm keen to get LMSH anyway, but this is a good bonus. It is a real bummer for kids though, I agree =/ Silver Centurion or a similar suit might have made for a fairer choice, but I think this was bound to happen.

I wonder where it'll turn up in the UK...
CaptainFordo

Postby Tolkien » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:20 pm

Lex Luthor from Batman 2 had a brick-built Deconstructor and some black bricks.
Tolkien

Postby DeltaNightroam » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:55 pm

I WAS RIGHT!!!!!!
DeltaNightroam

Postby CaptainFordo » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:05 pm

Tolkien wrote:Lex Luthor from Batman 2 had a brick-built Deconstructor and some black bricks.

Ah right, thanks for the info :) It's a shame we don't get a more complete gantry, that might have made for a neat polybag and avoided excluding people who don't want the game.
CaptainFordo

Postby Brainslugged » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:14 pm

Awesome freebie. I just hope we don't have to visit a walmart to get it.

I'm in the UK at the moment and saw Iron Man 3 last week as it was out here a week early for some reason, and I have to say that I'm even more perplexed by the "Mandarin Ultimate Showdown" and "Extremis Seaport Battle" sets than I was before.
Brainslugged

Postby Zyfot » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:36 pm

Is the bonus in effect now? I want to pre order but Walmart's page does not say anything about it... Has anyone ordered and gotten confirmation?
Zyfot

Postby Gooker1 » Thu May 02, 2013 7:46 am

Brainslugged wrote:Awesome freebie. I just hope we don't have to visit a walmart to get it.

I'm in the UK at the moment and saw Iron Man 3 last week as it was out here a week early for some reason, and I have to say that I'm even more perplexed by the "Mandarin Ultimate Showdown" and "Extremis Seaport Battle" sets than I was before.

Add a spoiler alert next time!!!! Sheesh XD Find MR Gold!
Gooker1

Postby CaptainFordo » Thu May 02, 2013 11:08 am

Brainslugged wrote:Awesome freebie. I just hope we don't have to visit a walmart to get it.

In fairness
Spoiler: show
there was an Extremis Seaport Battle, but the set is a poor representation of it :P I guess arguably there was an Ultimate Showdown with the Mandarin too (using Ultimate to mean final in this instance) but that was even less well represented by the set :P
CaptainFordo

Postby CaptMaarek » Mon May 06, 2013 3:26 pm

Do we know when this will go live?
>-< CaptMaarek >-<
CaptMaarek

Postby CaptMaarek » Tue May 07, 2013 2:00 am

To answer my own question it is live the description of wiiu, xbox360, and ps3 now say Bonus: Exclusive "Iron Patriot" Mini Figurine
on them. Happy pre-ordering.

3ds, ds do not display bonus as of 5 am est.
>-< CaptMaarek >-<
CaptMaarek

Postby agoodfella » Tue May 07, 2013 5:54 am

For those living outside the States (like folks like me in Asia), really hope they plan on distributing this in other regions as well. It would be a real bummer if this was a US-only exclusive, leaving the rest of us stuck to look at the secondary markets...
agoodfella

Walmart Now Lists Iron Patriot Pre-order Bonus

Postby Staff » Tue May 07, 2013 9:07 am

Iron Patriot

Walmart.com has updated their pre-order pages for the LEGO Marvel Super Heroes video game. The listings now show Iron Patriot as a pre-order bonus. You must order a console version of the game in order to get the figure so Nintendo DS and 3DS fans are out of luck. Xbox 360 ($49.96), PS3 ($49.96), and Wii U ($49.96) games qualify. Walmart lists the ship date as 12/31/2013, but everywhere else lists 10/31/2013 so I'm unsure when you can actually expect to get your minifig plus video game accessory.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/05/07/walmart-now-lists-iron-patriot-pre-order-bonus/
Staff

Postby Darth Jokar » Tue May 07, 2013 10:42 am

Awesome news, just ordered 3 copies. They make good Christmas gifts. And I'll keep the 3 minifigs. These guys will go for a good amount on eBay and bricklink.
Get on your knee's and tell me you love me...
Darth Jokar

Postby ritzcrackerman » Tue May 07, 2013 10:54 am

Righteous indignation notwithstanding - I submitted my order just now, too. I should order more, they would make good Christmas gifts, wouldn't they...
ritzcrackerman

Next

Return to Licensed Themes